Thread: 2Pac's new CD

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

2Pac's new CD

Sup guys,
    (you probably won't care if your not into rap music)

Tupac Shakur's new CD 'Loyal To the Game' is comming out on the 14th

I'm buying it when it comes out, but alot of hardcore 2pac fans have the CD flooded all over the internet in protest to Eminem producing it and altering pacs vocals.

Pac died in '96, at age 25. Assuming one day he would be killed he pre-recorded 150+ songs to take care of his mother who had been addicted to cocaine/crystal meth. Deathrow records Suge Knight (which was a suspect in his shooting) couldn't hold on to his contract and as such the rights of them went to his mother afeni shakur, Eminem and his entourage has produced the CD (allthough eminem himself is only shortly on one song)

2 Pac fanatics believe he's still alive, but of course that's up to the individual to decide

(I downloaded mine from www.suprnova.com -> just do search in the site for it)

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    Sup guys,

I'm buying it when it comes out, but alot of hardcore 2pac fans have the CD flooded all over the internet in protest to Eminem producing it and altering pacs vocals.

Pac died in '96, at age 25. Assuming one day he would be killed he pre-recorded 150+ songs to take care of his mother who had been addicted to cocaine/crystal meth.
    LOL!

Thats soooooooooooooo inaccurate! Pac did not pre record 150 songs because he thought he was going to be killed one day. EVERY artist has songs that they make, that do not quite make an album when they release, so over time they accumulate tracks upon tracks, these tracks are now the ones that are being remixed and released. Where you say he did this to pay for his moms addiction that is utter BS. I have no idea where you got this info from but its not true.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    LOL!

Thats soooooooooooooo inaccurate! Pac did not pre record 150 songs because he thought he was going to be killed one day. EVERY artist has songs that they make, that do not quite make an album when they release, so over time they accumulate tracks upon tracks, these tracks are now the ones that are being remixed and released. Where you say he did this to pay for his moms addiction that is utter BS. I have no idea where you got this info from but its not true.

i said HAD been addicted to cocaine, 'HAD' being used as a pretense
    **to take care of his mother who HAD been addicted to crack**

second, the exact number i believe was around 200 pre-recorded tracks, but i don't know exactly how many, nevertheless he had alot of pre-recorded songs, some of them were put on a CD after his death "better days" i think.

It's all their in his documentary - i don't have any formal knowledge about music or the music industry though, i just used to be a fan and watched his documentary recently - sorry for the mix up if any
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 12-12-2004 at 09:38 AM.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    anybody else find it weird that a dead guy comes out with more cd's than some living musicians?

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    anybody else find it weird that a dead guy comes out with more cd's than some living musicians?
    i'll second that

Livn*Pumpd is offline Junior Member
    Good music, atleast this album was a little better than the last. I thought a few of teh last albums were infulenced by way too many people. Atleast its sounding like real PAC agian

BTW- Anyone got a track list? I got a buncha songs but arnt sure which are from the album...

Quote Originally Posted by aXe

Honestly I never thought i'd say I wish that a guy that was dead would quit making ablums.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livn*Pumpd
    BTW- Anyone got a track list? I got a buncha songs but arnt sure which are from the album...
    01 - Soldier Like Me (Return of the Soulja) Feat. Eminem
    02 - The Uppercut Feat. E.D.I. and Young Noble of the Outlawz
    03 - Out on Bail
    04 - Ghetto Gospel Feat. Elton John
    05 - Black Cotton Feat. Eminem Kastro and Young Noble of the Outlawz
    06 - Loyal to the Game Feat. G-Unit
    07 - Thugs Get Lonely Too Feat. Nate Dogg
    08 - N.I.G.G.A. (Never Ignorant About Getting Goals Accomplished) Feat. Jadakiss
    09 - Who Do You Love
    10 - A Crooked Nigga Too
    11 - Dont You Trust Me
    12 - Hennessey Feat. Obie Trice
    13 - Thug for Life
    14 - Po Nigga Blues Feat. Ron Isley
    15 - Hennessey Feat. E.D.I. of the Outlawz and Sleepy Brown
    16 - A Crooked Nigga Too (Prod by Raphael Saadiq)
    17 - Loyal to the Game Feat. Big Syke (Prod by DJ Quik)

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Its not a bad album. Most of the tracks have beats that sound like they belong on an eminem/g-unit album... which is not surprising considering Eminem produced most of the tracks. But I don't think the beats quite fit Pac's vocals. It doesnt sound bad, but it's far from classic Tupac.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Ill buy the album no matter what, just because is pac.... but it looks like there are alotta "Featuring so and so" on most of the songs..... thats one thing I hate, everyone tryin to put their mark on a tupac song.

Tupac used to diss most of the people who are on some of his new releases and if he were still alive, he would probably diss most of the rest.

I say, add the new beats to his lyrics if you must, but dont add in all these other artists to botch it up.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    but it looks like there are alotta "Featuring so and so" on most of the songs..... thats one thing I hate, everyone tryin to put their mark on a tupac song.

Tupac used to diss most of the people who are on some of his new releases and if he were still alive, he would probably diss most of the rest.

I say, add the new beats to his lyrics if you must, but dont add in all these other artists to botch it up.

I couldnt agree more....I don't think he would even LIKE eminem. And polska you right to....em's beats are ok for the most part ( loved his renegade beat on JAyz old album) but they just dont fit tupac style though.

I think they put so many features to save some of tupacs vocals for latter works. By just givining him a verse or maybe 2 instead of the traditional three verses of 16 bars ..they can keep putting out ALBUMS!!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Sup guys,

Pac died in '96, at age 25. Assuming one day he would be killed he pre-recorded 150+ songs to take care of his mother who had been addicted to cocaine/crystal meth. Deathrow records Suge Knight (which was a suspect in his shooting) couldn't hold on to his contract and as such the rights of them went to his mother afeni shakur, Eminem and his entourage has produced the CD (allthough eminem himself is only shortly on one song)

2 Pac fanatics believe he's still alive, but of course that's up to the individual to decide

(I downloaded mine from www.suprnova.com -> just do search in the site for it)

hey thats pretty good for a dead man. pfft oh i heard biggie was coming to n.c to rap at a barn party too... wtf?

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    i said HAD been addicted to cocaine, 'HAD' being used as a pretense
    **to take care of his mother who HAD been addicted to crack**

second, the exact number i believe was around 200 pre-recorded tracks, but i don't know exactly how many, nevertheless he had alot of pre-recorded songs, some of them were put on a CD after his death "better days" i think.

It's all their in his documentary - i don't have any formal knowledge about music or the music industry though, i just used to be a fan and watched his documentary recently - sorry for the mix up if any
    are you sure...pre-recorded, I know that like messy said a lot of guys have left over songs that didn't make the cd and if you have a lot of them you could put something together and that is what has been coming out over the years.

no , he had alot of lyrics on track, according to his documentary's he wanted to get as much of his lyrics on track that he could, he would make like 3 songs a day or atleast unfinished songs because he didn't have much time left (he was always paranoid about being shot)

the only problem i have with this CD is 'ghetto gospel' where eminem cut out 60% of his lyrics and where they manipulate his voice to say "drop this **** em!" in "out on bail", they also screwed with pacs vocals (slowed them down, and sped them up to match eminems beat) otherwise it's still pac & eminem despite all that produced a good CD

RockSolid is offline Banned
    i will get the CD, even though alot of it is material that just gets recycled.

What trips me out is how they got Pac to say "50 cent" and "G Unit". That was interesting...

Thread Information