symatech is offline Retired Moderator

dumb question about media player

How come when I'm watching a simpsons or something on the computer (mpeg etc, not dvd) There are some episodes I cannot fast forward on. When I drag the button that fastforwards the movie it just goes back to where it was playing and when I push the FF button is doesnt work. am i just retarded?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I believe because it's streaming and not stored (fully downloaded) so you can't fast forward info. that is not there yet.

This is only what I think, I may be way off.

~SC~

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    dont worry happens to everybody, their are streaming videos and stored videos that you can forward and some you cant.its probably the way it was encoded, to my knowledge there is nothing that can correct it yet.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    How come when I'm watching a simpsons or something on the computer (mpeg etc, not dvd) There are some episodes I cannot fast forward on. When I drag the button that fastforwards the movie it just goes back to where it was playing and when I push the FF button is doesnt work. am i just retarded?
    happens when the index of the file has been mixed up or corrupt. you can get hold of programs that strip and rebuild the index for media files.

Thread Information