Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917

    Palumbo Goes to Prison

    For my boy HOP, his #1 Fan!

    Palumbo Goes to Prison

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Weightlifter Sentenced For Selling Fake HGH
    Palumbo Bought Counterfeit Drug From San Diego-Based Distribution Ring

    POSTED: 11:25 am PST December 20, 2004
    UPDATED: 11:31 am PST December 20, 2004


    SAN DIEGO -- A professional body builder who sold fake human growth hormone has been sentenced to five months in federal prison and five months of house arrest.

    Dave Palumbo, of Long Island, N.Y., bought the counterfeit serostim from a San Diego-based distribution ring. Four other men, including a father and son from National City, have pleaded guilty.

    Palumbo pleaded guilty in San Diego federal court in October to illegally selling 90 boxes of the fake hormone for about $63,000.

    His lawyer argued in court Friday that the weightlifter and editor of RxMuscle magazine thought he was dealing with the real thing and injected some of the concoction himself.

    Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients.

    The fake serostim was made by an Oregon company for Ronald Nollett Sr. and Roland Nollett Jr., of National City.

    Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.

  2. #2
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    serves a scammer right.

  3. #3
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    "Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients."

    That's a weird arguement for the prosecution to make. Not sure what they're point is?

  4. #4
    Maraxus's Avatar
    Maraxus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,345
    fcuking scammer

  5. #5
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    serves a scammer right.

    But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.

  6. #6
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    sucsk for him...i dont buy he wasnt scammin tho...its running ramant these days....lol

  7. #7
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.

    We don't know the whole story. Some will say he scammed, some will say he didn't. What I know is that people will do just about anything to make a buck.

  8. #8
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.
    Maybe...

    But, what if he's saying that now, knowing he'll be out in like 5 months, and may want to dist. gear again... who knows?

  9. #9
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    "Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients."

    That's a weird arguement for the prosecution to make. Not sure what they're point is?
    Seems like they are saying he was knowledgable enough to know it was fake, thus he could not plead ignorance.

  10. #10
    spkmania's Avatar
    spkmania is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    330
    POS scammer...

  11. #11
    BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    barbados
    Posts
    6,418
    He'll now have the time to do REAL drug research and stop writing trash.

  12. #12
    Aboot's Avatar
    Aboot is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Not a well known name.
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Seems like they are saying he was knowledgable enough to know it was fake, thus he could not plead ignorance.

    Yeah, I hear ya. Just seems like if they were to nail him they would have gone full throttle. I sound like I'm defending the guy, I'm not. I just don't believe that he's not dumb enough to get f*cked himself.

  13. #13
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    like a pro like him, whose used Gh doesnt know a fake..lol hes scamming, it sucks for his buyers

  14. #14
    Money Boss Hustla's Avatar
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,101
    Have fun in jail!

  15. #15
    squatster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    171
    he knew- Thay watched him for years according to musclear developement issue months back. He got busted months ago, I don't know how he still did seminars and gues poseing at shows. He must have ratted out a lot of people to get them privliges. This is only my thoughts on the rat thing, just can't figure it our. Can some one shed some light on this?

  16. #16
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by squatster
    he knew- Thay watched him for years according to musclear developement issue months back. He got busted months ago, I don't know how he still did seminars and gues poseing at shows. He must have ratted out a lot of people to get them privliges. This is only my thoughts on the rat thing, just can't figure it our. Can some one shed some light on this?
    It's like flex said, once you hear the DEA is interested in you, the've had you on file for at least 7 years already.

  17. #17
    workdude's Avatar
    workdude is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    like a pro like him, whose used Gh doesnt know a fake..lol hes scamming, it sucks for his buyers
    I agree...scammer...

  18. #18
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I agree scammer. they can get him for felony AS distribution or something like that cause it was fake so they got him for fraud. Kinda scary you could sell someone Valvoline in a vial and get off cheaper than selling the real thing. At least the real think won't kill you. Messed up IMO.

  19. #19
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    "Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    But even the prosecutors said that he didn't know that he was selling bunk stuff, i.e. he is not a scammer. He was scammed himself.
    No, the prosecutor is insinuating that since he's an expert on counterfeit hormones he knew the difference and knew what he was selling.

  20. #20
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    5 months for 63,000......sounds like he got a hell of a deal! And a Fed pen! Well, at least he can work on his golf game. hahahahaha

  21. #21
    Pale Horse's Avatar
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    ACLU headquarters
    Posts
    6,425
    I see, went over my head. Even an expert can't tell w/out lab testing. No one can look at something and say it is legit. Unless he had it tested I can't see it holding water.

    He had to give people up for that sentence now he's a scammer and a rat. His best bet woulda been to say yeah I calim to be an expert but this was a scam. Maybe he coulda been a man about it and not ratted and ended up w/ a similar sentence.

  22. #22
    63190's Avatar
    63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    For my boy HOP, his #1 Fan!

    Palumbo Goes to Prison

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Weightlifter Sentenced For Selling Fake HGH
    Palumbo Bought Counterfeit Drug From San Diego-Based Distribution Ring

    POSTED: 11:25 am PST December 20, 2004
    UPDATED: 11:31 am PST December 20, 2004


    SAN DIEGO -- A professional body builder who sold fake human growth hormone has been sentenced to five months in federal prison and five months of house arrest.

    Dave Palumbo, of Long Island, N.Y., bought the counterfeit serostim from a San Diego-based distribution ring. Four other men, including a father and son from National City, have pleaded guilty.

    Palumbo pleaded guilty in San Diego federal court in October to illegally selling 90 boxes of the fake hormone for about $63,000.

    His lawyer argued in court Friday that the weightlifter and editor of RxMuscle magazine thought he was dealing with the real thing and injected some of the concoction himself.

    Prosecutors say Palumbo appeared on national television as an expert on counterfeit hormone and should have known the difference between the real and fake versions of serostim, a hormone approved for use by underweight AIDS patients.

    The fake serostim was made by an Oregon company for Ronald Nollett Sr. and Roland Nollett Jr., of National City.

    Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press.
    Hang this guy and any other scamer by thier shruken nutz.

  23. #23
    needle's Avatar
    needle is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CeN CAL
    Posts
    1,222
    wow thats shocking!!!

  24. #24
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,649
    ****ing scammer!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •