Thread: Most annoying gym people
12-24-2004, 02:14 AM #1Associate Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
Most annoying gym people
1. The sweat hog without a towel, leaving his sweat pool on every piece of equipment.
2. The totally out of shape cell phone shouter that plops their ass on a popular piece of equipment only to shout into their cell phone while people wait.
3. The guy who has his own "routine" which includes leaving his weights strewn all over the weightroom as he goes from exercise to exercise, taking a 5 minute break between sets. Dumbells will be all over the place, benches will be moved from their proper place, and when the guy finally finishes he of course leaves all of the weights and benches all over the place without picking them up for other people to use. Needless to say, the guy always looks like **** and has no muscle.
4.The fat ass who goes immediatly to the "specialty" machines. This guy is always completely out of shape, yet always heads to the machines that work the obliques, the lower back extension, and of course the famed long wooden stick that they put behind their back and twist around, breathing like an Olympian with every twist. These guys are known to be big time complainers, always saying "God this gym need my cyberflex reverse pull lat extension"..blah blah blah. Hey buddy, when you look like **** you need a pair of plain dumbells and walking shoes to walk a mile a day. Worry about fine tuning when you're at least in shape. You're not.
5.Old lady spandex. Nuff said.
6.Fat lady spandex. More than enough said.
7 Spandex on men.
8.Lurking gay guys in locker rooms.
9.Front desk workers with attitudes. Would it kill you to give me the gym schedule from the HUGE stack of gym schedules sitting right behind you instead of telling me that you're out of gym schedules so as not to interrupt your personal phone call you are on?
10. Middle aged player. Totally out of shape loser that lurks in the exercise area for hours, hitting on every woman he can find. Usually a bad comb over and totally out of shape. Lonely, pathetic guy in late 40's. Every woman avoids him like the plague but he never gives up. He also never works out. Just gets shot down for an hour or two then goes and sits in the sauna. Dude you're a tragedy. Stop making me sad. It's the holidays.
Gosh, I don't know...any others? By the way, this is just in fun. I'm a happy person and don't really get pissed off. Just kind of funny to notice the various gym losers.
12-24-2004, 03:16 AM #2Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
I can apreciate this post........funny sh*t but sadly very true!
12-24-2004, 03:33 AM #3
11. The guy who moans and grunts as if he is lifting a friggin Volkswagen...
12-24-2004, 08:19 AM #4
someone using the squat rack to do shoulders or curls
the guy practicing his boxing
12-24-2004, 08:30 AM #5
THE WORST IS:
The guy who wears tank tops, or un-modest (is that a word) clothes, ****IT MAN cover yourself up, dont try to brag!
We all know your a puss anyways =)
12-24-2004, 08:37 AM #6
spandex grandmas take the cake! i pity them though
12-24-2004, 09:00 AM #7Associate Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
people i've had the pleasure of...
* the power rack bicep curler.
* the guy who 'benches' 200kg but can only do it when his spotter is 'two-man rowing/deadlifting' it with him.
* the 130lb dude who does half hour drop sets on either the squat rack of bench. (200lbs x 8, 180lbs x 8, 160lbs x 8, 140lbs x 6, 100lbs x 6, then just the bar for 40 reps) for ****s sake move over.
* little guys who talk really loudly about steroids .
* short people with an inferiority complex who try and deadlift 440lbs or more but need two spotters just to stop their spine snapping.
12-24-2004, 09:37 AM #8
the only people who annoy me r the ones who bother me at the gym tryn to have a conversation with me............women are exempt...everything else i can care less about since the gym was not build for me alone......
12-24-2004, 09:55 AM #9
Wow...STAYHUNGRY...we must work out at the same gym. I hate the loud mouths who blab about how big and strong and powerful they are really loudly and then finish their curl set with 5 lbs dumbbells. I also hate the guy who leaves the equipment all over the floor while he does super-triple-drop sets with every piece of equipment in the gym, of course leaving it all over the floor when he is done. Sweaty-man without a towel makes me want to snap. But I think "grunty" is my least favorite. I have no problem hearing someone givener' if they are deadlifting over 300lbs or benching or squating over 300lbs...but come on dude...you DO NOT need to grunt up a 100 pound bench!
12-24-2004, 12:26 PM #10
i dont think ive ever seen someone do dumbells with 5lbers..lol you guys need to worry about yourself more and stop whining about ppl around u..
12-24-2004, 12:33 PM #11
the one and only thing that bothers me, and makes me wanna choke people out is something small but can also effect me too.... RACK YOUR WEIGHTS!! i dont like working any harder just because your lazy!!
12-24-2004, 12:36 PM #12Originally Posted by Decadbal
12-24-2004, 01:19 PM #13
1. Guys who pack heavy weight on and only do partial reps. Like guys who put 315 on the bench do 2-3 reps only going half way down. Then they think they're actually that strong.
2. Guys who wear the tight little spandex shorts trying so show off their man berries.
3. Not breaking down your weights after they use them.
4. Girls who wear a ton of makeup and jewlry.
12-24-2004, 01:31 PM #14
THeres a guy in my gym who NEVER lifts weights, EVER. He loads of HUGE amounts of weights on the bar (405 for bench, 600 for squats, 600 for deads) then walks around with his invisible lats flaired and shoulders up. When i say never lifts weights, i mean he literally never does a rep. Just stands there and waits for people to see him next to the weight and unloads it. I remember he had like 6 plates on a squat bar just standing there for 30 minutes so i walked up and said "can i work in with you". I banged out some reps and asked him how many he wanted to get and how he liked to get spotted. He said ah man im done, my knees are killing me. He didnt show up to the gym again for two weeks.
Sad little man, cus i bet he could barely bench 200 lbs
12-24-2004, 02:15 PM #15Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
In my gym there is always that guy who is obviously juicing. Garden hose veins, rock solid, disgusting pumps. Yep, he is always there, every time, looking back at me in the mirror
12-24-2004, 02:19 PM #16
The loudmouthed know-it-all who tells the kids that lat pulldowns are great for building a world class chest.
The same guy who points and laughs at me doing 200lb DB shrugs, asking why I am using more weight than I can possibly curl
The same guy who has a creatine tablet, a glutamine cap, a tab of Amino 2222, a vitC, a multivitamin, a ZMA, a CLA, a package of "Animal Stack", an ephedra-free hydroxycut, all washed down with a "boost", a red bull, and some sports drink, giving me nutritional pointers as I shake up my protein shake.
The same guy putting on a belt to do seated cable rows and telling me I better hold off on those military presses until he is done with the belt and I can use it.
The same guy getting a fingertip nearly mashed completely off spotting for some kid on the universal machine, by holding onto the cable. Well, no... actually that part was pretty funny, now that I think of it!
My intolerance of bozos is something I could probably address and deal with in a civilized manner, but I can't be bothered with that so I just don't use a gym any more. Yeah you should just ignore them but sometimes they are like a really bad fart... you try to ignore them but they are still there, and they just get more annoying when you try to pretend they aren't there at all or that they are of no consequence.
12-24-2004, 02:32 PM #17
I were a tank top for the same reason. It's hot in herrrrre. I hate it. It's a bit chilly out side and inside the gym is like a sauna. I think that's part of why I keep getting sick in the winter. Get dripping wet and don't have time to shower and change and have to just put on some layers and run out to my car.
I hate those guys who load on more weight than they can do full rep, also.
I had the pleasure of instucting one of these guys on bench the other day. He had 205 on the bar and was only going about half way down. I came over and critiqued him. He quickly pulled stripped it back down to 185. Then I had to spot him to force him thru the entire range of motion.
12-24-2004, 02:33 PM #18
People with ILS!
For those who aren't familiar with ILS it stands for Invisible Lat Syndrom, I'm sure you've all seen those afflicted with it, its a very serious and unfortunetly incureable condition. Those guys, usualy in their late teens and topping out at maybe 150lbs that walk around with their arms so far out you'd think their lats account for at least 80% of their total body mass when in reality their physique resembles a 2x4.
12-24-2004, 02:54 PM #19
A few ones from an Israeli gym:
1. Here, especially in the summer, even when the airconditioning is on, we still need extra cooling down during cardio. The type that annoys me most are those how see several available treadmills but just HAVE to come to the one right next to me, only to decide the fan I have on is bothering them, so they start moving it around and when I ask them to fix it they never get it in the right angle and so I end up half fainted from the heat at the end of the workout
2. People who "stroll" on the treadmill for two hours concentrating mostly on how they look when they do so.
3. People who stare (and I'm one of the most modest dressers in my gym).
4. Trainers who are bored so they interrupt me in the middle of a set and try to show off their knowledge.
5. DJ's at the gym who can't make their minds up about what music they want to play and what volume they want it to be.
12-24-2004, 02:58 PM #20
ive never understood why ppl do cardio with a fan on them... at all..
12-24-2004, 03:06 PM #21Originally Posted by Decadbal
The fan is not on us. It's usually aimed at the wall behind or something just to get the air to circulate. To create a "breeze" (sp). My cardio is intensive and long. Air conditioning alone isn't enough in the summer or on hotter winter days. Not for me anyway.
12-24-2004, 03:20 PM #22
i still dont understand it, i always move it,and when they go back i move it again.. cardio is pointless if u dont sweat...
12-24-2004, 03:25 PM #23
we've got a guy(all 140lbs)who likes to throw the occasional "karate kick" in front of the mirror after his set!
what a fukin' tool!
12-24-2004, 03:29 PM #24Originally Posted by Decadbal
Of course you have to sweat. On the other hand you can't run for long if the temperature is too high.
12-24-2004, 03:34 PM #25Originally Posted by radar1234
12-24-2004, 03:35 PM #26Originally Posted by *ANTIDOTE*
12-24-2004, 03:37 PM #27Originally Posted by radar1234
12-24-2004, 03:39 PM #28Originally Posted by *ANTIDOTE*
12-24-2004, 03:49 PM #29Originally Posted by radar1234
12-24-2004, 04:03 PM #30
Let me clarify, I am in my own place at the gym. I am seldom distracted by others, but when I am walking to the dumbbell rack and trip over three or four barbells left on the floor from some idiots triple-super-set and find him reping out with 5 pounders in the corner I get pissed. I also hate the trainers who insist that lat pull downs build front delts and pecs...
12-24-2004, 04:07 PM #31Originally Posted by BigJames
12-24-2004, 09:04 PM #32
the guy who runs my gym benches more then anyone else, at least thats what i had heard. I saw him working chest a month or two ago, i could only peer through my hands. He had about 350 and managed 3 reps bouncing it off his chest like it was a trampoline. It was painful to watch, the weird thing was i talked to another guy in the gym who was impressed. Now i cant bench 350 but i would never bounce a barbell off my chest!
12-24-2004, 09:19 PM #33
The owners son's the small one gets his older bigger brother to put 100lbs weights on machines when I come into work out without my husband GRRRR that just ticks me off everytime. the other women in the gym with more make up on than michael jackson who laugh at you for coming in with your du rag on ready to work out and they WALK SLOWLY on the tredmill and stare at you.
12-27-2004, 03:28 AM #34
- people training in 3's or 4's that all do about 6 sets of benches each and wont let anyone else use it for 45 mins
- the same people who decide to train chest again the next day
- people who ask your advise then dont bother listening
- people who say, "how do u lift that much" when i'm doin my warm up set
- people who smell
- people who never train legs
- the rude boy who wears wooly hats in the gym (i mean why?)
- people using 25kg dumbells for bicep curls and throw the weight up using their back and shoulders
- people who stare
- people who start dancing and singing along to some cr"p tune their playing on the radio
- people who ask if your are taking any supplements
- people who talk too much and dont lift any weights
- people practicing boxing moves when they are on the running machine
- the skinny trainer guy who works there who try's to give me advise on bulking
my all time worst - people you dont know who try and help you on your last rep of dumbell presses - i couldve had that last rep on my own you chump, if i wasnt gonna make it i wouldve put the dumbells down
Last edited by G-Force; 12-27-2004 at 03:30 AM.
12-27-2004, 04:08 AM #35Originally Posted by 1-Cent
12-27-2004, 04:51 AM #36Originally Posted by phatmark
Anyway, it worked.
12-27-2004, 08:09 AM #37Originally Posted by STAYHUNGRY
Except, Im the guy that you see singing out loud and dancing.... (I know its annoying, especially since I would be right next to william hung on American Idol outakes, but I just cant help staying quiet.....) Sorry guys!!
12-27-2004, 08:20 AM #38
You forgot this guy!!!
Why.... why!!!! Why do they do it!!!
12-27-2004, 10:51 AM #39
I have a guy at my gym that screams and runs all the way across the gym to do deadlifts with the worst form Ive ever seen..He also hits himself till he bleeds...
I have to admit that is one intense guy...But I wouldn't talk to him...
12-27-2004, 10:57 AM #40Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
all mostly naked very old dudes....I hate health clubs..Iam thinking about joining this gym in town that is a mans gym...get to play your own music
theres squat racks,benches and alot dumbells...Thats al I need..But the ladie at these health clubs are a wonderful thing..I get 10 times the women at the gym then I do compared to the bar...So matbe I should workout at the gym and pose at the health clubs...
Last edited by K$I$N$G$P$I$N; 12-27-2004 at 12:40 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)