Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: colon cleansing

decadbal is offline Banned
    all u need is a waterhose and a older brother.. thats how its done in jawja

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    You have to boil the coffee in water for 15 minutes and let cool to room temp, so you need to be prepared, then pour it in the bucket, lay on your right side in for 10-15 minutes the coffe will stimulate and open the flap or valve to empty your gall bladder directly into the colon bypassing the liver.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe im a little slow but i still dont get how it works?

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    You have to boil the coffee in water for 15 minutes and let cool to room temp, so you need to be prepared, then pour it in the bucket, lay on your right side in for 10-15 minutes the coffe will stimulate and open the flap or valve to empty your gall bladder directly into the colon bypassing the liver.
    How do you get it into your colon?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 511220
    How do you get it into your colon?

You put a hose up your ass, and make your butt drink coffee.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    I've tried a colon cleanse before and let me tell you it worked yeah you'll be on the jon a lot but hell it cleaned me out good and I noticed my energy level sky rocketed through the roof and my workouts and gains improved big time.

Keep this in mind your gains in muscle could be greatly affected by a pluged up colon.Digested proteins,etc may not get absorbed well enough that is why you may want to invest in colon cleanse products.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    You put a hose up your ass, and make your butt drink coffee.
    thats wut i thought but just didnt waan think that was how u did it!! that doesnt sound like fun! but if it works then i guess its worth it. i dont think i will do it tho!

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    everytime i drink reg coffee i **** like a **** goose!!

spyderman is offline New Member
    As a physician, I know of no real benefits from "colon cleansing". The effects are nothing more than you would achieve from a bowel prep (drinking the liquids that they give you the day before a colonoscopy) that basically make you crap your brains out. 1Victor, you need to do some more reading...you don't quite have your anatomy and physiology down. The liver actually makes the bile that is stored in the gallbladder. Once the bile gets into the gallbladder, it is then released into the small intestines after you eat meals to aid in digestion. The bile does not go back into the liver. Also, I won't even try addressing the "passing of kidney stones" after a colon cleansing. Your kidneys aren't a part of your digestive system. Oh, and by the way, there is no magical flap in your gallbladder that opens with coffee...

Best advice...don't waste your money. Eat foods with fiber and drink plenty of water. Your colon will keep itself as clean as it needs to be...

Well I may not haved worded it properly I will find a link, as a physician you do not know everything. Have you studied this before? What are you basing your no real benefits on? Most physicians don't know jack about AS , just bcause they are docs doesn't mean they know it all.

I did extensive research on this when I was diagnosed with lymphoma to detox from the chemo, it is an excellent detox and aids the body in many ways.

btw here it is http://www.duffyslaw.com/current32.htm

1victor,
    I certainly don't feel that I know everything...but as far as medicine is concerned, I have a little background. I read that link, and the first thing I would like to point out is that one of the sources of information is a journal of Chiropractics...I do believe that chiropractics have some use for musculoskeletal problems, but the moment you hear a chiropractor advertising that they treat any medical conditions that don't relate to this area, run the other way. I have good friends who are excellent chiropractors, and they say that these people should be reported to their boards and lose their licenses. As a medical doctor involved in the diagnosis/treatment of malignancies, I have had my run-ins with chiropractors and some alternative medicine docs that will try to sell a desperate patient and their families any hope at a cure. Show me any reference from a respected medical journal (Journal of the American Medical Assoc., Lancet, Cancer, etc...) and I would be interested in reading it. All I can say is that, according to my current knowledge of the medical literature, these procedures offer no proven benefits. I am not trying to offend you, I am just offering my medical opinion on this...
    By the way, congratulations of your apparently succesful treatment. What kind of lymphoma did you have and how long ago? Lymphomas are one of my areas of expertise.

Well I apologize for getting on the offensive, I swear by this.

Fortunatley it turned out to be sarcoidosis which as you know is rare especially in white males. I was in for my biopsy in my lungs and was scheduled for a meeting to start my treatment. The doctor was quite frankly shocked that it wasn't lymphoma (they said it was stage III). I had a living will prepared etc.... it was scary.

I did a bunch of research on sides , from your experience you should know sometimes the sides will kill you before the cancer. I did research on Chinses Herbal Medicine, Honso shosaikoto and various other things.

I personally feel that these are a compliment to our traditional western medicine, and are coming more and more into the forefront. The Medical community has ignored them as quackery ............ but the pharmaceutical companies are trying to regulate them in an effort to make money.

Sarcoidosis would definitely be at the bottom of the list for a differential diagnosis for a white male, absolutely. I have seen quite a few cases just as happened to you, where the presumed diagnosis was lymphoma. It is a great mimic of malignancy, especially on radiographic studies. I actually am the type of physician that makes the diagnosis, and have had to call several unbelieving colleagues with the good news! As you are certainly aware, this disease is quite unpredictable...I wish you the best and hope that it doesn't cause you many problems in the future.
    As far as alternative medicines go...I am not one of those physicians who immediately rejects all non-mainstream therapies. There are some "all-natural", or alternative therapies out there that do have some merit...many of our medicines come from plants and animals. It's just that for every one that might have merit and deserves to be researched for safety and efficacy, there are literally hundreds that are just plain without any reasonable merit. I recently had a chiropractor call me because he wanted a sample of a patient's metastatic melanoma (which is unfortunately nearly universally fatal...there is no known curative therapy. There are many researchers around the world working on this one...). When I asked him why he wanted it, he told me that he had had successful cures of patients with this by "applying vibrational frequencies" to the tumor tissue (after he studied the vibrations that the "bad cells" were giving off....apparently even DEAD CELLS!) He claimed that he had cured people by doing this! I asked him if he had shared this information with anyone else, and he claimed that he had published it somewhere, but couldn't remember where! This is what concerns me....this poor family was paying (CASH, up front) to this quack to try to cling to some hope for a cure. It really pissed me off and the chiropractor wouldn't take any more calls from me. Anyway, these are the reasons why I also get a little on the offensive when I hear people recommending therapies that have little known proven merit. I will respect your opinion that "coffee colon cleansing" has benefits for you, but I hope that you can respect my medical opinion that I don't feel that it should be recommended to others lightly. There are definitely risks to doing these kind of things, and I don't know if those risks outweigh the (in my opinion) questionable benefits. Enough about this...again good luck in the future with the Sarcoidosis.

Well I agree that it is for me something that works, I would never recommend it as a treatment for an illness. I understand what you mean regarding some quacks, my bosses wife works for a guy (chiropractor) that thinks he can cure hearing loss and all kinds of stuff.

BTW in your experience other than running to the doc every time I feel symptoms is there anything you recommend for maintenance or prevention for Sarcoid sides? I have not done the steriod thing yet and don't want to.

Unfortunately, no great advice here...because sarcoid granulomas can develop almost everywhere in the body, there can also be a wide variety of symptoms. I would think that anything out of the ordinary should probably get looked into. After you have lived for some time with this disease, you may get a better handle on how it is going to act in your particular case. From what I understand (mind you that I don't treat patients with sarcoid, I diagnose it...) sometimes the disease can be kept under control with very low-dose, low-potency corticosteroids (prednisone, etc.) that generally don't cause much in the way of bad steroid side-effects. Just make sure that you have a doc that is comfortable treating sarcoid. Good luck

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman
    As a physician, I know of no real benefits from "colon cleansing". The effects are nothing more than you would achieve from a bowel prep (drinking the liquids that they give you the day before a colonoscopy) that basically make you crap your brains out. 1Victor, you need to do some more reading...you don't quite have your anatomy and physiology down. The liver actually makes the bile that is stored in the gallbladder. Once the bile gets into the gallbladder, it is then released into the small intestines after you eat meals to aid in digestion. The bile does not go back into the liver. Also, I won't even try addressing the "passing of kidney stones" after a colon cleansing. Your kidneys aren't a part of your digestive system. Oh, and by the way, there is no magical flap in your gallbladder that opens with coffee...

Best advice...don't waste your money. Eat foods with fiber and drink plenty of water. Your colon will keep itself as clean as it needs to be...
    What is this stuff called? :spudniklu

There are various methods for cleansing the bowel prior to colonoscopy. Probably the most common would include drinking large quantities of GoLytely (which is quite a comical name if you talk to anyone who has done this!). It is a combination of polyethylene glycol, sodium sulfate, sodium bicarbonate, and electrolytes like sodium chloride and potassium chloride. There are some who use pill forms that are better tolerated than drinking several liters of this somewhat nasty tasting stuff. In the past clear liquid diets combined with dulcolax (a laxative) and enemas were also used for cleansing the colon, but these tended not to be as efficacious as the GoLytely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information