Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vandam vs segal

marka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    i may be biased as well, but this is the way i see it.i know the things you're talking about, i've trained with some pretty impressive aikido guys, and i felt completely helpless once they got one of those wristlocks sunk in on me. they could fling around where ever they wanted, and you feel like a child.

but it's really hard to grab someones wrist while they're swinging hard, fast, non choreagraphed shots at you. the gracies have their succcess by coming in and grabbing body or legs, they don't even attempt to pick off a wrist while punches flying at them.

that stuff is much harder to do in reality than in a movie (or a friendly dojo).

peace
    True. I took 6 months of just aikido. After researching a bitKnow I found a school that teaches both Judo and Aikido, and its pretty cool. I go frustrated with Aikido, because of just that, that in real life, its not that easy to grab someones wrist, and so forth, but combined with Judo (I would have prefered BJJ), its awesome. As far a seagal or van damme, I would say seagal, but I think Gracie, or any of todays UF champs could kick both of their buts.

bigcat3727 is offline Junior Member
    any1 see that thing on VH1 bout Van Damm gettin his a$$ beat in Scores by his former bodyguard (a Hells Angel)

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    If were going with b movie action heroes my vote goes to Dolp Lundgren just because he is swedish and way more stiff then both vandam and segal put togheter lmao. **** I love those cheesy crap actors they make the best movies and have the most memorable lines.

ONaMission is offline Junior Member
    the "hells angel" that kicked vandams ass is Chuck Zito. Hes an old dog that grew up in the bronx and not to be ****ed with. He also gaurded Liza Minelli, Pamela Anderson, Mickey Rourke, Sylvester Stallone. Just the gaurding Mickey Rourke you know he can handle his own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vandam vs segal-zito_shirtless.jpg  
    Last edited by ONaMission; 01-12-2005 at 08:29 PM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are talking right OUT OF THE MOVIES. Vandam cause he won the kumita meaning he is the best in the whole **** world. Segal needs guns and stuff to kick ass in his movies.

When they were both at their peak, vandam still would have won cause he just would have kicked segal in the head. Vandam won against Noris in a competition fight way back when.
    Segal is just about arm grappling and stuff. Now he is a fat ass and Vandam (Van vandenburg from Brussels) is a skinny fag who gets his ass kicked by teamsters on his movie sets.

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONaMission
    the "hells angel" that kicked vandams ass is Chuck Zito. Hes an old dog that grew up in the bronx and not to be ****ed with. He also gaurded Liza Minelli, Pamela Anderson, Mickey Rourke, Sylvester Stallone. Just the gaurding Mickey Rourke you know he can handle his own.
    Thought he got into it with Mikey rourke over something even got a little physical but he walked off or something not wanting to kick his ass.

And for seagal was listening to other guys talk about his teaching said he had one of the most respectable teachers im just wondering how he went blackbelt with this teach in like 3 years or something in a 18 year something MA ?

Gants is offline New Member
    i dont know if some of you guys are being serious here with what you say, i hope your not. I got the privilege to attend a seminar with steven seagal, he is unreal, the dude is BADASS and can throw down like nothing you have ever seen. he is for real, he holds an 8th degree rank in Nihon Goshin Aikido. it is one of the most dificult martial arts to master, and he is one of the best in the world at it, first american to ever study it in japan, and first to ever open up his own school there. Van Dam has no chance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information