chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

Distal clavical resection anyone?

Ok you know what is the WORST thing in the world? BEING INJURED!
    I have osteolysis of distal clavical, so they are going to shave off 1/2 inch off my clavical (resection) . This is a shoulder injury for the less informed.

Anyone have this done? Or know info on this, I have surgery soon. It sucks because I was 2 weeks into a cycle when the pain started so now no more juice for a while......

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    that sucks man. hope everything works out for the best.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Haven't heard of that one but I had reconstuctive surgery on my left clavical years ago in H.S. , metal pin and stuff. It took quite a while to heal and I worked out what I could with light weights to try to stay in some shape. I wasn't back to normal for almost a year. Sorry to hear , hope you get well BTW I am originally from INDY.

This is a condition where your collar bone hits the AC joint in certain movements, it can be pretty painful. Im only 23 WTF! This shouldnt be happening to me!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Nope, ive dislocated my left shoulder, torn the rotator cuff, and tore the ligament between the collar bone and shoulder bone. This was all in like a 14 month span.

How did you recover? How long till you got back to where you were?

darmadoc is offline Member
    I had the same problem on both sides. I've had both distal clavicles resected. It was done through a scope, so I had no big incision. Nevertheless, it put me out of the gym for about 3 months. The good news is that after I recovered, I had no more pain.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    How did you recover? How long till you got back to where you were?
    Well it took like 4 months before i could even use the shoulder joint in resistance each time, but on the last one i only gave it like 3 months, then I started football, it was quite painful. I still have major issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by darmadoc
    I had the same problem on both sides. I've had both distal clavicles resected. It was done through a scope, so I had no big incision. Nevertheless, it put me out of the gym for about 3 months. The good news is that after I recovered, I had no more pain.

Could you tell me a little more about it? What kind of pain were you having before the surgery? Range of motion before surgery? How was the surgery? How long before you were able to get in the gym and how long till you could lift really heavy?

darmadoc is offline Member
    I first noticed the pain in my upper arm with benching. Then I started to have trouble reaching over my head (pulling on a shoulder belt in the car was a killer). My ortho guy figured it out right away. First, he injected the A-C joint with steroids . This relieved the problem for a few months and verified the diagnosis. When it came back it was worse than ever. That is when we scheduled surgery. It was day surgery, done through a scope, and thus there was no major incision. I was in a sling for a day or two. By the end of a week I was getting decent motion, but it took a few weeks to get full ROM back. I was not allowed into the gym for about 4 months. At first I had to take it easy, but within a few more weeks I was able to start pushing pretty hard. By the end of six months or so I was back to where I started, in terms of the amount of weight I could lift. I occasionally have a little twinge when I bench heavy, and my benching motion is a little asymmetric, but otherwise things are fine.

Wow that sucks, I heard I might possibly be able to get back into the gym sooner, but everyone is different. I go to the doc tomorrow about having the surgery will update soon.

Am having surgery this wednesday =( will let you guys know how it goes.

Lenin is offline New Member
    How are you doing?

Thread Information