Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member

Pro Bodybuilding and Muscle Dysmorphia

Do you think that the top ten Olympia contenders have muscle dysmorphia ("bigorexia") or do you think they have reached a point where, even if they did have it at one time, now they are like, "****, I am huge."

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    I've wondered this myself... like how big do I have to get before I think I'm not small anymore? I guess I'll know when it happens lol

I think at that point they only search for flaws in thier bodies, if they gave themselves any credit there would be less motivation to train for the next show. If you come in at 295 lbs at like 3 or 4% bf and you think you need to get bigger for the next competition, yeah I think there might be some muscle dismorphia there, but then again I think some just do whatever it takes to win, regardless of the cost financially or health wise.

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Froid
    Do you think that the top ten Olympia contenders have muscle dysmorphia ("bigorexia") or do you think they have reached a point where, even if they did have it at one time, now they are like, "****, I am huge."
    I think to some extent that this quality would be beneficial to a bodybuilder. Otherwise they'd be like "Hey I wear Abercrombie, I have 13" arms and ILS, I am 123 pounds of shredded mass, and I look great!" Mark

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    I think to some extent that this quality would be beneficial to a bodybuilder. Otherwise they'd be like "Hey I wear Abercrombie, I have 13" arms and ILS, I am 123 pounds of shredded mass, and I look great!" Mark
    Oh man, do you goto my gym?

whats even funnier is the ones with the 13" arms that wear tight tight shirts. We had this one dork back in high school that came in one day wearing his little sisters t-shirt, I think she was in middle school at the time. I mean, I'm 229 lbs, I might be able to squeeze into a medium, but it's pushing it, probably more like a large. These idiots must be wearing childrens sized clothing.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    i think the do have it, i guess you do have to have it too some degree to be at that level, geez i have it and i am 220lbs and still feel like a runt, but then again 220 is pretty small...

Thread Information