Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Personal Trainers... are you more motivated to train because of your profession?

Personal training is a career I am looking into. Specifically personal training and eventually opening my own training studio or gym.

Wondering if being a trainer would motivate you more to go train yourself and look good. (your body is a selling feature, etc...)

Or whether the opposite is true; you spend your whole day in the gym and in the end want to get out of there.

right now the gym is sort of my sanctuary, where I go to 'relax' even though I train my ass off.

But if you're there for 9 hours a day, it could be a different story.

Any input ?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Alot of personal trainers dont have flat 8-9 hour schedules. They book different times for when their clients are able to train, so some days they may not have to be in the gym long at all.

Though not a personal trainer myself, I did consider it at one time, and I think it would be motivation to be in there. Most people assume that if you are built and have a nice body, then you would know what to do to help them reach their goals. Although thats not necessarily true as one of the biggest guys I personally know is 100% genetic..lol...lifts like twice a year.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    being a full time personal trianer killed my urge to lift

its like u dont wanna eat the food where u werk

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally can't stand working out at the location I work at, I always have to go to one of our other locations. For me, after 12 hours in a gym all day is more demotivating than anything, and I personally just want to get out of there. I still love my workouts but I would definitly enjoy them more if I didnt work in a gym.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    I personally can't stand working out at the location I work at, I always have to go to one of our other locations. For me, after 12 hours in a gym all day is more demotivating than anything, and I personally just want to get out of there. I still love my workouts but I would definitly enjoy them more if I didnt work in a gym.
    VERY TRUE w/ everyone i know in this profession inc. myself

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    When i did it it made me not want to train. I was sick of the gym. Also how you look isn't as big as a selling feature as you think. Where i tried me and another guy looked good and there was a girl who competed in figure. We didn't do better then everyone else. The average looking trainer usually did the best.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Maybe our Golds Gym is different. The personal trainers are there when they have appointments, they may train someone at 8, then leave till noon etc etc.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    you have to talk alot in that type of work.
    to keep clients happy.
    constantly explaining everything to them.
    that would so annoying.
    but it might motivate you and it might not .
    because since you will always be in gym.
    you might hate going in there.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    demotivation is a fear of mine. feck. makes sense though.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    alot of the trainer i know pick a preson or people whothey train , and do there workoutwith the person they are training(the person has to be of equal potential as the trainer, you cant take newbie and put him through an advanced workout) or they schedule times btwn. clients.

Thread Information