JdFlex is offline Senior Member

Computer Security Question

Let's say I send emails from a yahoo or hushmail account from my work computer. One of the tech guys here was saying that because it goes through the company's internet proxy server, they can read any of the emails. I told him hushmail is encrypted so how could they read it. He said it would be more difficult to read it but its possible for the system admin to read it. What do you guys think?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    Let's say I send emails from a yahoo or hushmail account from my work computer. One of the tech guys here was saying that because it goes through the company's internet proxy server, they can read any of the emails. I told him hushmail is encrypted so how could they read it. He said it would be more difficult to read it but its possible for the system admin to read it. What do you guys think?
    sorry bro, i got lost at proxy server?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i know in the log files your password for yahoo is sent in plain text

so theres nothing stopping them from logging in as you to your email account.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    He would not be able to read the hushmail email....... for him to do that he would have to have the security key.......... besides hush the only other group to have that key would be the goverment.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    He will most definately have your logs, so i would not send anything inappropraite from work.

I got canned last October and they showed me the logs and guess what they read?

www.steroid.com

It logs the times you were on etc... they laid it all out for me to see, i am a Networking student so it was'nt like i did'nt know they could do it.

Thread Information