Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heart Attack!!??

Just got out of the hospital. Easter Morning had a Heart Attack.

Scared sh1tless, made peace with God. Woke up in ICU. God didn't want Mondo yet. If youhave a loved onw you haven' hugged, kissed, or called, lately DO SO NOW. Life is short and sweet. I'm sleepy. Off to bed. More later.

Peace to all my AR friends.

Train Hard

Mondo

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Mondo you gotta be kiddin me! I guess you're done cycling huh? (sorry bad joke) are you at home with the wife? **** this sucks, any other signs? Should I be worried?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Crap, that is scary stuff.

I hope you are doing well!

~SC~

Hey what did it feel like when it was coming on? What were you doing at the time? I'm freaked out.

Yeah, no kidding, me too!

~SC~

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that bro...get well.

this better not be a joke Mondo, April fools?

second that....Heart attacks are too serious to joke about on this forum

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that bro get well soon.

notus is offline Member
    I hope your feeling better now. How old are you?

He's 40 and in about the same shape as me, this is why I am freaked out. I'm 39

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad you pulled through. I had a severe arrythmia, scarey sh!t.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo

Scared sh1tless, made peace with God. Woke up in ICU. God didn't want Mondo yet. If youhave a loved onw you haven' hugged, kissed, or called, lately DO SO NOW. Life is short and sweet. I'm sleepy. Off to bed. More later.

Train Hard

Mondo
    That really bites. Based on the posts of yours that I have read, you seem like a very kewl guy. I hope that you get better really soon.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Mondo is a very straight guy, he wouldn't be kidding.

I didn't think so but this April fools crap gets the best of some.

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    dangg dude im sorry bout that, good thing the big man upstairs decided it wasnt ur time. i wish u the best of luck rest up and take care

justin

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you are doing better.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Hope you can recover from it completely bro

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Bro, I hope you're doing better. Fill us in.....when you can of course.

Hey guys I'm awake for a little while.
    I am back home with the wife(youknow how that goes) and Saturday night I was having a tight chest. I had trained deads and back pretty hard that mornin so I thought maybe I was just trashed. I said to the wife "almost hospital time) and she kinda looked at me like WTF???? I awoke Sun morning to get my beloved Starbucks and get Bagels for the kiddies and I thought there was an Anvil on my chest. I got home soonest and told her it's time to go. She freaked and away we went.

Got to the ER and the triage nurse took one look at me and ran me right into a bed. They hooked up the EKG and the gal ran out of the room. Then I see a flood of faces comin at me and the Doc says "your having a heart attack". I at this point am in utter shock. I'm thinking, no F*ing way. I'm fortry, I look like I'm 25, I'm in great shape Ieat well.WTF. I just remember a tear rolling down my right cheek as I made my peace with God. I'v lived a good life and if you want me you can have me.

I woke up in the ICU.........

Good news I'm alive. Bad news is I lost 15 lbs. lol

I'm tired again. More later.

1vic you prick, you should be worried. Your as old and grouchy as me bro!!!!!!

Peace out

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I am back home with the wife(youknow how that goes) and Saturday night I was having a tight chest. I had trained deads and back pretty hard that mornin so I thought maybe I was just trashed. I said to the wife "almost hospital time) and she kinda looked at me like WTF???? I awoke Sun morning to get my beloved Starbucks and get Bagels for the kiddies and I thought there was an Anvil on my chest. I got home soonest and told her it's time to go. She freaked and away we went.

Got to the ER and the triage nurse took one look at me and ran me right into a bed. They hooked up the EKG and the gal ran out of the room. Then I see a flood of faces comin at me and the Doc says "your having a heart attack". I at this point am in utter shock. I'm thinking, no F*ing way. I'm fortry, I look like I'm 25, I'm in great shape Ieat well.WTF. I just remember a tear rolling down my right cheek as I made my peace with God. I'v lived a good life and if you want me you can have me.

Peace out
    What is your cholesterol numbers? Is your HDL low? Triglycerides high? I seen in the other thread your blood pressure has been 120/80 for years.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    Mondo,

Very glad to hear that you are out of the ER and OK. How much of your attack would you blame on AAS? In other words, any family history or other risk factors that might be the primary cause? Again, happy that your alive and well.

Good Luck?

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Mondo....Im glad you are ok. Please take care of yourself luv
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

bigcut77 is offline Associate Member
    Glad you made it through. That would scare the bejesus out of me. Just goes to show it can happen to anyone, no matter what shape you in.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm glad you're doing well, but sorry to hear that happened to you.

Explosive215 is offline Associate Member
    glad your ok Mondo, makes me worry about my father.

Mondo you're my long lost Jewish twin brother from the west coast, I would feel it hard if I lost you bro, rest up and give us some more details when you can. God be with you.........I guess he is huh?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer

Train Hard

Mondo
    Sorry to hear that bro................... but it's good to see you are back with us.

OK.

So I just finished a little chicken, rice and greens. I'm sitting here sweating like an Indian in a Sweat lodge.

So, I wake up in ICU goin Ok I guess it wasn't my time. The Cardiaoligist had been with me for almost 12 hours. They know me as I am very actice in the community and he was trippin because I'm forty with 3 kids and there was no way he was gonna lose me. (so he says). He thought that I was an Irish guy. Which is funny, because my father was Irish(mostly I believe, and Mother Jewish) So toall you micks out there raise one for me tonite. ANyway I hurt like he11 from the ANgioplasty, they put a brick on my hip for 8 hours so it wouldn't bleed and I wasn't able to move my leg, hence my back hurt like heck, so I informed the nurse in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that morphine was our friend..... Kids came that night to see dad and flipped out. the 5 yeear old would not come within 10 feet of me and the 13 and 14 year old were in shock. Tubes and wires and ****. Best part of ICU was that the nurses are used to old folks so they were all asking to feel my muscles . I of course let them. Don't remember **** Monday and Tuesday night they moved me to CCU or Acute care. Again the muscles were keepin me in business. Then my training pard comes in, wearing a freakin Tank Top and needless to say I was not that big of a deal anymore, the bastardito. He is this months MD by the way, making a comeback so to speak.

Results: Low fat diet, Low sodium.No caffeine. So my 5 shots of Espresso over ice every am is over. I told the doc that I was continuion on my quest to compete in December. He sais that he figured as much. He pretty much told me to eat all the protein I want. He said that boatloads of Tuna are just fine. Just jeep the fats down.

I feel lucky to be here.

Some info that might help others: This is my history, not good bot bad, just facts.

Played ball thru HS. Football, Baseball, Track. Recruited by many Midwest, Wac type schools. First back surgery at 17. Ended career. Played Rugby 3 years in College cause they don't require a physical.(at that time) Power lifted from 17 to about 22. First cycle dbol at 17. aftrer college got a job and started training with Mentzer for about 2 years. Got HUGE and Ripped. A number of cycles under my belt by now. The 80's were in swing and drugs and Alcohol were becoming more imprtant than anything. 90-93. I was an alcoholic mess. I got sober in 93 cause of the kiddies. Been training pretty much all the time at different levesl. At this point in life in So. Cal. beaches you gotta earn if ya wanna live here so I sorked more. I have done Martial ArtsBoxing, JIu-Jitsu since my teens, I ski, Surf, play softball etc. I am an overall jock. The last few years life got very stressful with business etc.

I feel the stress is what got me, that and genetics. I am 40. I weigh 223 now and 232 at the4 Cardiac attack I am 6 foot and am the most in-shape father around town for sure.

Bottom line is keep the stress at bay, eat properly, and DO NOT BE AFRAID of the doc's. AS's only came up a little bit and my statement was " does it really matter'????? The only response was about the liver and the hdl's. My hdl's have beeen low for years so I was already on top of that. So that discussion went nowhere. Ya just never know I guess.

This is one old man happy to still be here givin ya some shheiit.

I'll be back to top form in no time. As my wife and kids have let me know..............Evil never dies.....................

Mondo

Back to sleepy, very tired now.....

BDTR is offline Retired
    Glad you're ok, that's just scary.. get well quick.

One question though, are your roid days over?

Wow bro. Glad to hear you are doing better. Best of luck to you in your competition in december aswell.

I have bloodwork in two months and I don't wanna go! I never want to go, but now that I've read this, my (__!__) is going.

I wish you the best, you're a soldier bro, the real deal.

~SC~

One thing is fer sure, my blood will be monitired like REAL close from here on out.

I live to train and compete, so that is what I will do.

Better to die on your feet, then to live on your knees..

OK, whose quote is that??? Besides mine of course.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Emiliano Zapata, although its been creditted to dozens of others.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to hear you're OK and posting again.

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member

Peace out
    wholly F*ck bro, I hope u r making out ok. U know i beliver that when it is ur time to go its time to go n nothing is gonna change that. For u my friend the man upstair is lookin out for

BDTR,

Figures you would know it in a heart beat!!!!

Heart beat??? Mondo Moron.

Kinda the way I live. Like mr. Zapata.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    that s ****ing scary, get well soon.

what part do steroids play in ur calculation why u got that heart attacked? when was ur last cycle? have u been using a lot of 17aa steroids?

books555 is offline Senior Member

Train Hard

Mondo

Gods will for your life is not fullfilled yet. He's got some big plans lined up for you hopefully.
    Ill pray for ya. Get well

zuke is offline Member
    glad you pulled through bro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information