Anyone ever had a hernia?

This sucks. I have a hernia. I have noticed it over the past couple of weeks, but just ignored it as weird. Now I know what it is. It pops out at the weirdest times too. (an arching back stretch or lifting your leg over a high object). I guess it is relatively common and won't kill you unless it become prolapsed so we will see what happens.

FWIW...if you are wondering....it feels like something on the side of your six pack that pops out and goes back in quickly like a balloon. I have spot on form and never do stupid movements so it can happen to anyone.

The doc sd to avoid heavy lifting until I see him in a month. HA HA HA

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Have surgery and get it corrected.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    got an unbilical hernia repaired last Oct, get it done asap it isn't going away.

Is surgery really necessary? I read that you are out for three months. No lifting at all. That sucks.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    no way bro it will never go away, it may seem to heal until one day you lift heavy and it's gonna blowout.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a double hernia when i was a kid. Its hereditary or you can get it from heavy lifiting. Its pretty common, and surgery IS really necessary bro...Good luck

OG

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I had a double hernia when i was a kid. Its hereditary or you can get it from heavy lifiting. Its pretty common, and surgery IS really necessary bro...Good luck

OG

i had same thing as a kid too.

but you def wont be able to lift, cause i could barely walk for a few days after the surgery.

goodluck with it west coast

Ok, ****! I will keep you posted. Maybe I can have my tonsils out and my hernia fixed in the same surgery. Maybe I will have them snip my boys while I am at it. May and June will be bad months. So much for cutting in to prime shape. Let's see how I can do until then.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I got one last summer, and just have been ignoring it. It has started to really bother me lately and plan on having the surgery this summer.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Had one two years ago that I had repaired. The surgery wasn't anything but man when the pain meds wore off and the first time you get up to move.....all I can say is you'll be amazed at how much your abs work for everything you do.

No way around it bro you'll need to get that fixed. Bite the bullet and get it ver with so you'll have the summer to play.....sitting around watching soaps during the summer sucks....did that as well when my knee got blown out.

This could not come at a worse time. I have travel plans, int'l business deals...the works. Super lame. Thanks for the input bros.

Jugg, how long were you out of the gym for after your surgery?

nj123 is offline Member
    i had hernia surgery about a year ago and it wasnt bad at all, it was a only a one day thing. i had it done on a thursday and missed school friday, then was back at school by monday.

the most common cause of a hernia is not breathing during sets, generally has nothing to do with your form. if youre not breathing youre puting a lot of stress on your diaphram(sp?) which is what pushes it out.

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    that sucks bro, get well soon!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Jugg, how long were you out of the gym for after your surgery?
    Not to long really. Surgery in a day, rest for three and back to work. Doc wouldn't let me lift weights for a month, if I remember correctly. I know I bugged the hell out of him until he released me.

Thread Information