Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lobsterman is offline Associate Member

Any policeman on here ?

Thinkin about becoming one possibly career change how hard is it to become a cop ? And what about stress ? Thanks

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    yes they are here but they are "invisible"

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    My brother-in-law is a cop. Basically it works like this.

1. You had to of went to public school for grades K-8.
    After getting your ass kicked everyday and realizing you are nothing but a punk you go to step 2.

2. You go to Catholic High School to avoid the ass kickings you got in public school previously. Amongst your fellow sissies you excell and get good grades.

3. You decide you want to beat those minorities with sticks that used to beat you up.

4. You take Criminal Justice.

5. You go to the Police Academy.

6. You get a job. To feel like a big man you give people speeding tickets for doing 10 miles an hour over the speed limit.

7. After generating revenue for your town you get a promotion. Now you are patroling the mean streets. You start harrassing people and showing everyone how tough you are because you have a gun.

8. You work so many hours you cant workout or eat right so you become a fat slob.

9. You take a job investigating stolen cars because you are now a lazy fat doughnut eating slob.

10. You retire.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterman
    Thinkin about becoming one possibly career change how hard is it to become a cop ? And what about stress ? Thanks
    Please don't cross over to the dark side, police men use to have good rep., protect and serve. Now it seems that most of them are the dorks in highschool who never got any respect, and are out to prove a point. Not all cops are bad, but I mean even when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, 9 out of 10 are on complete power trips. If you do decide to go this route please don't be one of these guys. Also stay away from donuts, and bacon..jk..

cjp85 is offline Member
    I think Loz summed it up. I hate the majority of cops, but there are some good ones. If you do become one, good luck and keep it real.

let's not start this again! Do we need an I hate cops thread once week? Cops are indeed people just like us. Why do some of you guys bounce? Perhaps to crack some heads legally? Leave this alone it's tired.

Cop lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    let's not start this again! Do we need an I hate cops thread once week? Cops are indeed people just like us. Why do some of you guys bounce? Perhaps to crack some heads legally? Leave this alone it's tired.

Quote Originally Posted by kman
    Please don't cross over to the dark side, police men use to have good rep., protect and serve. Now it seems that most of them are the dorks in highschool who never got any respect, and are out to prove a point. Not all cops are bad, but I mean even when you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, 9 out of 10 are on complete power trips. If you do decide to go this route please don't be one of these guys. Also stay away from donuts, and bacon..jk..
    Yeah,I have seen this but i'm not a dick and wasn't picked on,just business has been bad for awhile and sometimes I think about doin something else although there isn't anything like working for yourself

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod

After getting your ass kicked everyday and realizing you are nothing but a punk you go to step 2.

2. You go to Catholic High School to avoid the ass kickings you got in public school previously. Amongst your fellow sissies you excell and get good grades.

3. You decide you want to beat those minorities with sticks that used to beat you up.

6. You get a job. To feel like a big man you give people speeding tickets for doing 10 miles an hour over the speed limit.

7. After generating revenue for your town you get a promotion. Now you are patroling the mean streets. You start harrassing people and showing everyone how tough you are because you have a gun.

8. You work so many hours you cant workout or eat right so you become a fat slob.

9. You take a job investigating stolen cars because you are now a lazy fat doughnut eating slob.

10. You retire.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterman
    Yeah,I have seen this but i'm not a dick and wasn't picked on,just business has been bad for awhile and sometimes I think about doin something else although there isn't anything like working for yourself
    Go for it. I know a few cops and they make a pretty decent living. Just keep a good head on your shoulders and keep integrity.

You have discovered my penchant for leather wearing mirror sunglassed men and women..........I can deny it no olonger

You have discovered my penchant for leather wearing mirror sunglassed men and women..........I can deny it no olonger

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member

10. You retire.

LMAO .... Classic

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    just wut we need more cops

cjp85 is offline Member
    So what's the deal Lobsterman, the fishin' biz not treating you too good lately?

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Why do some of you guys bounce? Perhaps to crack some heads legally?
    so youre saying this is not a "normal" thing??

I'm saying I see some similarities

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    go for it. i have alot of friends, some family, and some co-workers that are cops. you have a couple ways of going about it

go through the military

go through college

go through reserve police

one of the above should get you to the academey eventually

ive considered being a reserve. the cops around here arent dicks. they usually dont pull people over unless you are flying through town, or if they are being stupid. they dont write tickets for **** that they do themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    So what's the deal Lobsterman, the fishin' biz not treating you too good lately?
    no man die off back in 1999 still waitin for it to come back around put it this way in the summer now i'll catch 150 to 200 pounds a day back then it was 800 to 1000 pounds a day at 4.00 a pound do the math,big diffrence in the amount of money I make now

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member

10. You retire.

count me inn

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Try going to www.officer.com. There's a forum there where you can get good answers to your questions and won't have to deal with the moronic bullchit you have here.

Nice answer Billy......at least someone can show some maturity here.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

zuke is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    go for it. i have alot of friends, some family, and some co-workers that are cops. you have a couple ways of going about it

go through the military

go through college

go through reserve police

one of the above should get you to the academey eventually

ive considered being a reserve. the cops around here arent dicks. they usually dont pull people over unless you are flying through town, or if they are being stupid. they dont write tickets for **** that they do themselves.
    hhmmmm, don't write tickets for things they do themselves? we must not be including state troopers in this discussion

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Ftp!

zuke is offline Member
    F F Ftp!

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member

10. You retire.
    yeah, until the day you are cooped up in the corner of your bedroom during a home invasion calling 911 crying like a bitch for them to save you. No i am not a cop but it would be a lot more ****ked up here w/o them.

as for me i have 2 dogs, one of which will take a bullet for me while i am getting to the nearest room in my house to get one of my 12 guns. after they are dead. i'll call the non emergency line to report a gun death.

SoSolid is offline New Member
    You know what I hate the most about cops? They keep driving around my house in mini vans with tinted windows and stealing my garbage...is this something I should worry about??

Quote Originally Posted by SoSolid
    You know what I hate the most about cops? They keep driving around my house in mini vans with tinted windows and stealing my garbage...is this something I should worry about??

i would say so. your from canada so i dont have much advice though sorry. In the US we call it FBI.

F fat B bastards I investigating ?

F fat B bastards I investigating ?
    yeah and for my people its...

Forever
    Bothering
    Italians

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member

LMAO!

I was once stopped by a cop for my expired tag on my plates. He was writing me a ticket and there was this huge horse fly buzzing around his head while he wrote. I said to him, "Officer, I see that horse fly is bothering you". He says..." Is that what you call them"? I says "Ya, back home they fly around horses behind's"....He says..."Are you implying Sir that my head is the same thing as a horses ass?"!!!

I said.." Oh no Sir!!!but you can't fool those horse flies"!

Old one...but good one

zuke is offline Member
    i always liked this one:

cop pulls man over and says "sir, your eyes are red, have you been drinking?"

man replies "officer, your eyes are glazed, have you been eating doughnuts?"

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    hhmmmm, don't write tickets for things they do themselves? we must not be including state troopers in this discussion
    well i cant vouch for my entire state. most the ones i know and hang with are sherrifs and local pd. i know a couple st. i know they do ****. none walk the perfect line of law, i know some that are complete assholes too.

it sucks, the bad ones really give a bad rep. i can sure tell you i remember asshole cops better than the ones that were cool and just trying to do their job.

its different when you work along side them though. most of my EMS runs, and all of our fire runs we have alot of the local pd on scene and usually a sherrif if one is around. its nice to have some backup when you have a pt overdosing on pcp and trying to kill you...that has happened. sure i could have wipped his ass, but not if he had drawn a gun. and id be ****ed if i would walk out into intersections or on the innterstate if pd wasnt there watching our backs and controlling traffic.

zuke is offline Member
    i work with l.e. all the time also, and i know what you mean. i meet a lot of them that are pretty hypocritical... including some pretty good friends of mine

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    the police protect those who cant protect themseleves, henceforth upholding social order

go for it lobster!

I'm throwing alot of mud around bout cops but I have to say that I don't care what they do after work...and I don't care what they are like as people...I am just glad they take care of business and lay good beatings on the as#$%^#es that put woman and children in danger or actually hurt them. Some of the best cops are the ones who would also make the best criminals if they went that direction earlier in life. When I am in bed sleeping they are driving the streets looking for those who are out looking to do nasty things. As long as they stay away from my AS stash there won't be any beatings at my house.

Peace

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    the police protect those who cant protect themseleves, henceforth upholding social order

go for it lobster!
    Exactly

How about the days I was 15 and lived in the white part of the city and the police would catch us doing something like smoking weed, and instead of arresting us, they would drop us off in the black part of the city. In parts where people get get shot and robbed. I wonder what their intentions were? To serve and protect? Luckily after being in Juvenile enough it was just a free ride to see friends. That is my experience with cops.

I do not believe in calling the cops for anything. I wouldn't huddle in the corner during a home invasion. I lived in neighborhoods you would fear to drive in. If it did happen I would kill them or they would kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    yeah, until the day you are cooped up in the corner of your bedroom during a home invasion calling 911 crying like a bitch for them to save you. No i am not a cop but it would be a lot more ****ked up here w/o them.

as for me i have 2 dogs, one of which will take a bullet for me while i am getting to the nearest room in my house to get one of my 12 guns. after they are dead. i'll call the non emergency line to report a gun death.
    Last edited by Lozgod; 04-15-2005 at 06:58 PM.

sorry if you you lived in compton instead of tampa I would say you know what a bad city is. sorry ybor city doesnt count as a bad area. Take a trip over to miami and hang out there a for bit. maybe try out liberty city. I wasnt dropped there by the cops but yes i have been there at night when i was a naive highschooler. I find those that hate cops are the ones that arent smart enough to not get busted doing **** wrong. The worst I have got are speeding tickets and i have done some sh!t that would get me 5-10 yrs atleast but never got caught.

I dont want to get in to an internet tough guy contest with you. No one wins. I will say I lived in North and West Philadelphia and it would make Miami look like the old person retirement destination it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    sorry if you you lived in compton instead of tampa I would say you know what a bad city is. sorry ybor city doesnt count as a bad area. Take a trip over to miami and hang out there a for bit. maybe try out liberty city. I wasnt dropped there by the cops but yes i have been there at night when i was a naive highschooler. I find those that hate cops are the ones that arent smart enough to not get busted doing **** wrong. The worst I have got are speeding tickets and i have done some sh!t that would get me 5-10 yrs atleast but never got caught.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information