SwoleDave is offline Associate Member

I get a month banning for THIS?

WHO CARES.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 05-13-2005 at 07:38 AM.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    we have a strict NO FLAME POLICY. if you continually post harrassing other members, while offering no helpful or useful information, you will be banned..
    I think "douche bag" is enough to violate that one

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    Then why is "douche bag" not filtered. I've seen way worse on this board with nothing done.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    My point is, there should be some sort of process that a banned member can appeal his or her banning to a different mod.
    Yes, you're right. I don't know about your situation, but I agree that personal hurt feelings shouldn't play a role in bannings.

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Word to the wise, If a Mod irritates you, hit the Ignore button, you wont have to listen to a thing they say again. Its worked for me in the past with a pesky mod that no longer works here. : )

colossus1 is offline Member
    Cliffnotes?

There does seem to be some leniency (sp?) towards certain members...
    The more 'well known' can seem to flame and piss people off (i have one person in mind) and just get away with it...

I remember the thread your on about dave it was the soldier shooting the dog, and although it didn't warrant a banning i think a suspenision was in some ways justified......... if people went around calling mods douche bags and getting away with it what would be the point in having them to police the board.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Then why is "douche bag" not filtered. I've seen way worse on this board with nothing done.
    It doesn't need to be. The filter was made because of people excessively using profanity and it just got old. Maybe Bouncer did jump the gun a little bit, but other mods (some former) would have done much worse. No big deal bro, just tone it down and keep it civil when things get heated, that's all.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    I think "douche bag" is enough to violate that one
    Agreed.... He didn't permanently ban you, but if I was a mod, who put time into this site trying to better it (and they get no $$) and someone called me douche bag Id be pissed too! Btw, bouncer is I believe a national champion

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    you called him a douche bag, thats hella funny!

tbrocato is offline Member
    I agree bro you should of not been banned for a month. Maybe jacked up a couple days for calling a mod a douche bag but not a month. Bouncer went over board. Sucks when mods abuse power. It def makes the fourm not nearly as fun to go to.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you should be very careful when saying that "it sucks when a mod abuses his power"!!! Obviously if this was the case then he would have been reprimended by a super mod or Brian.. There could be elements to this banning that we don't know.. IMO this thread should be deleted or locked!!!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I think you should be very careful when saying that "it sucks when a mod abuses his power"!!! Obviously if this was the case then he would have been reprimended by a super mod or Brian.. There could be elements to this banning that we don't know.. IMO this thread should be deleted or locked!!!

Agreed. Be careful bros and don't stir any $hit.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    This ain't court, and you aren't on trial nor do you have the right to an explanation.

What balls you have.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato
    Bouncer went over board. Sucks when mods abuse power. It def makes the fourm not nearly as fun to go to.
    As long as one doesn't act like a dick, one has nothing to worry about.

You are in no place to say what "abusing power" is. You have no idea what we put up w/daily.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength

Finally a smart one in the bunch!!!!!!!!

~SC~

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrocato
    I agree bro you should of not been banned for a month. Maybe jacked up a couple days for calling a mod a douche bag but not a month. Bouncer went over board. Sucks when mods abuse power. It def makes the fourm not nearly as fun to go to.

Your abusing the right to have an avatar here. I find your avatar disgusting and offensive, in YOUR WORDS you've gone "OVER BOARD", Please change it. As for SwoleDave calling me a "douche bag", he got off lightly getting banned for one month. Somethings I have an absolute zero tolerance policy, calling me or anyone else here a "douche bag" will mean instant dismissal everytime. People should try me and see!.

I and all the other Mods work extremly hard to make this board a welcoming place for all its user's, infact I often spend over 1 hour just answering PM's and complaints regarding various issue's even before looking through the forums. I often log on to AR and don't get the time to hang out here with you guys, I wish I had that luxury but I don't.

Finally if anyone has any complaints about me, treat them as you would a complaint about anyother member. Take it to a PM with me, or PM a Mod or Smod about my (or others) behaviour.

Thread Information