TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

long/tiring job hours and lifting....

how many of u have jobs of long and physical hours at job and still manage to workout?? im about to start construction again next week and im happy about the money, but its 5-6 days a week @10 hours a day of doing labor outside in average of 80-90 degree weather which seems to really **** up my training. i get home and all have 0 energy at all. my training was slacking real bad anyway before this due to me being completely broke and ****ing up ankle. for the past week and a half ive had no protein powder, and hardly any money for food. as of next week once i start this job ill have money now, but basically gonna be drainined by the time i get home, anybody got any advice or been through similiar type of situation?? ?

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    taking energy pills was the only way i was making it through 12 hour days and lifting before work. lots of clean food to get you through the day without going catabolic. i tended to go hypoglycemic really fast when i was doing that. now i work at a desk all day.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    I'm in the same situation , only time i get a break from the heat is when i drive from one job to another in my work van. It sucks sweating all day and being in that 90 degree heat all the time. Only thing that seems to really help me is to stay hydrated at all times and make sure your eating enough during the day. Do you ever get sick to your stomach or have loss of appetite because of the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    I'm in the same situation , only time i get a break from the heat is when i drive from one job to another in my work van. It sucks sweating all day and being in that 90 degree heat all the time. Only thing that seems to really help me is to stay hydrated at all times and make sure your eating enough during the day. Do you ever get sick to your stomach or have loss of appetite because of the heat?
    definitely get appetite loss, its like im basically too thirsty and tired to eat. after thinking about all this though, i really think the only way to get around this is to get a new job. if i could eat alot i would, but we start at 7am, take 15 mins break at 9am, then 30 min lunch at 12. from 12 -5 no breaks, and the supervisors are assholes, the owner got pissed once because 1 time he drove by i was on my cell making a dr apt. basically i dont get a chance to eat from 12-5 unless i wanna hear bitching from the foremans.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    taking energy pills was the only way i was making it through 12 hour days and lifting before work. lots of clean food to get you through the day without going catabolic. i tended to go hypoglycemic really fast when i was doing that. now i work at a desk all day.
    yea i dont know if its just me or what but ive tried redline energy supplement a couple times and really didnt notice a thing. not sure if they dont have same effect on me or i just need something different

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    Funny , i was just thinking about this . I'm laid off from my normal job , so i been installing furnaces and air-conditioning for a company ......well I hardly ever take a lunch break , work 10+ hours a day....wich half the time can be in an attic thats 130+ degree's .

I havent been to the gym in a month.....and i bet i wont the rest of the summer , gaining alot of fat on my stomach...feeling like im shrinking everywhere else.....but i still must look ok because they call me roid boy .

Guess im just gonna enjoy the summer on my new boat....and hit the gym hardcore after summer....

I said i was done with juice....but what the hell , 1 more cycle .

What sux about my job is you have to work in all types of conditions, if its tornado like weather we still work, if its a blizzard out we still work, if its 100 bazillion degrees outside we still work. I dont mind it much because i get free cable/internet/ and pay 20 bucks for phone and month and I get a work van and they pay for all my gas and I get to take the van home and I never have supervisors looking over my shoulder.

I always seem to get headaches when its super hot and sunny outside, I dont know if its the heat or the sun being super bright. One day I sweat so bad I drank 2 gallons of water in a 9 hour work day and i swear i only went to the bathroom once. O.fO.shO I dont know how you get in attics when its this hot out, I cant stand being in them I almost pass out.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Im an electrcian and have to be at work at6;00am, sucs balls but still hit the gym, hope I win lotto one day and can just train!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTSTARTINGNY
    Im an electrcian and have to be at work at6;00am, sucs balls but still hit the gym, hope I win lotto one day and can just train!!!
    thats what im saying, wish i had some money and some time.....id be about 215 ripped by winter if that were the case....hope my scratchoff tickets will pay off one day

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    I work as a furniture delivery person so i do that for at least 8 hours a day and then go to the gym for about 2-3 hours after that

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    BTW, the gym I lift at doesn't have A/C so it's typically around 80-85 degrees

radar1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyspt4
    I work as a furniture delivery person so i do that for at least 8 hours a day and then go to the gym for about 2-3 hours after that
    thats a long time at the gym!

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    ECA about an hour b4 you want to go to the gym should get you in there!

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billyspt4
    BTW, the gym I lift at doesn't have A/C so it's typically around 80-85 degrees
    neither does mine and yesterday it hit 108 degrees here. the gym was not pleasant. i guess it's time to switch to morning workouts, but i hate waking up at 6am to get there before work.

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain bro... I work in network security for a brockerage house. I work stupid hours and long ones at that. lack od sleep has always been my thorn in the side, I do my best but a typical day involves working about 7 am to 4 pm, then I go to the gym fo ra couple hours, go eat, and then come right back to work for another 2-5 hours depending... I do thatprobably 4 of 7 nights a week. its hell on the recoveries...

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles74
    I feel your pain bro... I work in network security for a brockerage house. I work stupid hours and long ones at that. lack od sleep has always been my thorn in the side, I do my best but a typical day involves working about 7 am to 4 pm, then I go to the gym fo ra couple hours, go eat, and then come right back to work for another 2-5 hours depending... I do thatprobably 4 of 7 nights a week. its hell on the recoveries...
    i actually had a chance to take a security job at some power plant, but it was 7.25/hr and the shifts were all ****ed up. its like one day u work 7am-5pm then the next day u work 7pm-5am. its like they expect u to not have a sleeping schedule and just fall asleep whenever u want. i turned that down just because of the pay 7.25 compared to 14/hr at construction and the sleeping schedule would not work well with me

Heracles74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDfromGC
    i actually had a chance to take a security job at some power plant, but it was 7.25/hr and the shifts were all ****ed up. its like one day u work 7am-5pm then the next day u work 7pm-5am. its like they expect u to not have a sleeping schedule and just fall asleep whenever u want. i turned that down just because of the pay 7.25 compared to 14/hr at construction and the sleeping schedule would not work well with me

I feel your pain bro... but I think you are referring to physical security... I work in Information Systems and manage Security appliances such as our firewalls, Intrusion detection systems, and monitoring tools.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I drink a nice big fruit smoothie before my workout and remind myself of how guilty and lazy I'll feel if I don't go. Besides if I can do 9-10 hours in my shop on a 90 dgree day then one more hour in an air conditioned gym should be no sweat. Get it, no sweat. Whatever you do, don't sit on the couch when you get home or you'll never get up. Sometimes I take a cold shower too, it really helps to wake me up.

Thread Information