Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    My bad bro it's 5.9 sec with the 6 speed and 6.6 with the automatic from what I have read, I have the automatic and have not had it at the track so dont know for sure

Thank you for the correction I wasn't paying close enough attention (at work)
    Hehe, I didn't mean to nit pic, but when I decided that I couldn't afford a G35 Coupe, I started shopping for the fastest car for under $30k which I've been researching for the past 3 weeks or so. When I saw 4.9 secs, lights start flashing in my head and for a sec I thought I had overlooked a gem! =P

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Hehe, I didn't mean to nit pic, but when I decided that I couldn't afford a G35 Coupe, I started shopping for the fastest car for under $30k which I've been researching for the past 3 weeks or so. When I saw 4.9 secs, lights start flashing in my head and for a sec I thought I had overlooked a gem! =P

Mitshubishi Lancer Evolution?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    These are not stories of Mercedes---my grandfather was recently driving home on a major highway in a 2003 maybe 2004 mercedes and his car broke down for no reason---this is just one story that happened to occur a week ago--there are others---lots of people I know with mercedes say that they have a lot problems---mercedes offers no warranty if any problems occur on the car---they offer no roadside assistance--etc. BMW does however--it is the ultimate driving machine ---just playin I personally would pick a BMW over Mercedes any day--just my 2 cents
    The car broke down for no reason? Did you ever find out what the cause was? Cars don't "break down for no reason" my friend. Most of the time, any Merc will shut down if there is a malfunction in the engine, or other safety system fault that could compromise the safety of the driver and/or passengers.

Just to show you know nothing, Mercedes offers full coverage of ANY manufacturers defect whether it is with an electronic system or a faulty part up until the 50K factory warranty expiration. My command NAV system was flickering on and off, and they replaced the old unit with a brand new one with NO labor charge. $0 for an electronic unit that would retail for around $2999 installed.

Beginning with yr 2000 models, Mercs wee equipped with an SOS button that provides access to TeleAid. The TeleAid system integrates hardware and software from Motorola, emergency response service from Protection One and client response and service from the Mercedes-Benz Client Assistance Center and Roadside Assistance Programs.

That clearly shows that Merc has "no roadside assistance."

BMW is the ultimate overpriced and underperfoming vehicle...Not the ultimate driving machine.

Mitshubishi Lancer Evolution?
    Yup...=P Thats pretty much what I gathered. I don't like it though. I get the vibe that everyone is down on Mitsubishi. People tend to think the quality is bad and they are going out of business or something.

The RS model starts at $28,500 and according to Car and Driver, can do 0-60 in 4.8 secs and quarter mile in 13.5 secs. Crazy. Those are the same numbers as an M3...=P

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I just got back and test drove an s430 and an s500. Holy shit on that S500 is all i can say but it was an 05 and the only one they had on the lot. The s500 is like the 430 on tren I'll keep you all posted to what happens since they are bringing an 04 500 with 60k miles from one of their other lots for me to check out Monday.. That one fits my budget since they are doing a special 1.9%/60months on select used cars.
    Last edited by Benches505; 07-28-2005 at 12:06 PM.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a great deal with the 1.9%/60 term...What is the sticker on the S500?

Dang, 60k miles...thats a lot! That would make me nervous.

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    don't know what exactly caused the breakdown--but I do know he was left on the highway and mercedes offered no roadside assistance--he had to have some tow truck tow his benz to their shop and then charged for whatever the problem was---I will try and find out tonight for ya---I am not a mercedes person---I personally like the look of a BMW--and how it drives---if I could get any car out there right now under 100k--it would be a M6--but to each's own

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I just got back and test drove an s430 and an s500. Holy shit on that S500 is all i can say but it was an 05 and the only one they had on the lot. The s500 is like the 430 on tren I'll keep you all posted to what happens since they are bringing an 03 500 with 60k miles from one of their other lots for me to check out Monday.. That one fits my budget since they are doing a special 1.9%/60months on select used cars.

Remember to PM me for values bro and find out if the 1.9 is for the one your looking at.........We car dealers love Gimmicks

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    I like the new BMW 745ci convertible. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    That's a great deal with the 1.9%/60 term...What is the sticker on the S500?
    47k on the one they are bringing in for me to see(2004 with 60k). The new ones they had there were loaded down with every bell and whistle and stickered between 80-90.
    Last edited by Benches505; 07-28-2005 at 12:08 PM.

Remember to PM me for values bro and find out if the 1.9 is for the one your looking at.........We car dealers love Gimmicks

Don't worry, you are my ace in the hole Bro. If ever I can help you real estate wise let me know too.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Dang, 60k miles...thats a lot! That would make me nervous.
    Yeah me too but it's the only way I can get into what I'm wanting. I'll just keep it well maintained and put a little aside for repairs.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Wait for lexus is300, 300+HP, good resale value. New bmw 330i has only 255HP.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    if yuor looking at s class, why not a CL or CLK...but shit s5's are always a sure thing...dont like jags??like a XK8 or something?

Don't worry, you are my ace in the hole Bro. If ever I can help you real estate wise let me know too.

Refinancing my house next month

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Like this...or you could buy a sedan
    the G35 interior sucks, just like any other japanese car...too flat and why whould you use metal for the interior...no style.

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    for 850 a month you should be able to pick up a nice Benz but on lease.. I would take a benz over a bmw anyday.I have 3 friends who work for mercedes and 1 does roadside fulltime. The most he ever has to do is replace window regulators or lightbulbs and jumpstart cars when he is on the road. they break down but thats what happens sometimes when you have a far superior car thats ahead of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by icewind
    the G35 interior sucks, just like any other japanese car...too flat and why whould you use metal for the interior...no style.
    i guess the germans the only one with nice interior cause domestics by far have the worst interior..

I just got back and test drove an s430 and an s500. Holy shit on that S500 is all i can say but it was an 05 and the only one they had on the lot. The s500 is like the 430 on tren I'll keep you all posted to what happens since they are bringing an 04 500 with 60k miles from one of their other lots for me to check out Monday.. That one fits my budget since they are doing a special 1.9%/60months on select used cars.
    drive an s55 and s65 and then youll know what a car on juice really feels like.. there is nothing that sounds like an s65 when it cranks up.. v12 twin turbo.. Yeah...

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i would stick with either Lex or BMW, looks/reliability/luxury is all right on the money............I am thinking of picking up 03 X5 4.4 myself....................

Quote Originally Posted by Deezuhl
    drive an s55 and s65 and then youll know what a car on juice really feels like.. there is nothing that sounds like an s65 when it cranks up.. v12 twin turbo.. Yeah...
    Those are nice! I'm just a working man on a budget so I don't think I can afford those. I'm already out on a limb for what I'm looking at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information