Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: Taste In Music

  1. #1
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760

    Taste In Music

    My life pretty much evolves around music in one way or another, I'm a musician (guitar/vocals) and music is just a huge part of my life, so I thought I'd see what you guys like to listen to..I think it can tell a lot about someone.

    I listen to:
    Almost everything. ..I'm into the underground music scene where the bands arent tainted by fame or dressed up to be "Marketable"

    my 2nd fav. is old black music, blues..Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson etc.

    I listen to some hard sh*t to get pumped up to lift sometimes on the way to the gym:Norma Jean, Every Time I Die..etc.

    But really, there isnt one genre that I would say I "Cant" listen to, I love all sorts of different stuff.

    what about you guys?

  2. #2
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Norway Black/Death Metal
    and the Doors ofcourse when i'm HIGH

  3. #3
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Hell yea! I'm way down with the Doors..Death Metal is sweet too

  4. #4
    smokethedays's Avatar
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    In The Kitchen :)
    Posts
    4,548
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    Hell yea! I'm way down with the Doors..Death Metal is sweet too
    since u r a Vocal, try this band ARCTURUS, the album called Aspera Hiem Symphonya

  5. #5
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    19,319
    hiphop but some hard core evry now and then

  6. #6
    SprinterOne's Avatar
    SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    An apartment
    Posts
    1,069
    My favorite would have to be bands like Thrice, Yesterday's Rising, FATA, etc. Not sure how they are classified. I also like more melodic punk like Face to Face (another one of my all time favs), Pennywise, Lagwagon, Snuff, etc. I listen to some hip hop as well.

    Also, I don't care if a band has been "tainted by fame" or "dressed up to be marketable" as long as they are still putting out good music. More power to them if they can make a living, and a good one at that, doing what they love.

  7. #7
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    I'll check that out SmokeTheDays!


    Quote Originally Posted by SprinterOne
    My favorite would have to be bands like Thrice, Yesterday's Rising, FATA, etc. Not sure how they are classified. I also like more melodic punk like Face to Face (another one of my all time favs), Pennywise, Lagwagon, Snuff, etc. I listen to some hip hop as well.

    Also, I don't care if a band has been "tainted by fame" or "dressed up to be marketable" as long as they are still putting out good music. More power to them if they can make a living, and a good one at that, doing what they love.
    Hey dont get me wrong, I love some "Pop" stuff, definitely, I just find that the bands that arent "Making songs to get on the radio" are more unique and arent afraid to experiment a bit more and be "themselves"....but yea I love Maroon 5, Jackson 5, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, I love that type of stuff too for sure.

    Thrice and stuff like that is kinda like harder rock and some going into metal with the technicality of the guitar and stuff like that, good choices! anyone else?

  8. #8
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    I'm totally diggin the Postal Service right now...you like them?

  9. #9
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    mmmm...yes! Postal Service and Deathcab For Cutie (Same singer) are 2 of my all time favorites. I met Ben Gibbard (the singer) when they played here, the concert and everything was so amazing. I'm glad you have good taste in music Paris

  10. #10
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Anyone else? C'mon I wanna know what you guys listen to, it's always interesting to hear...SwoleCat!! You bumpin Rap/Hip hop only? lets hear it guys

  11. #11
    1819's Avatar
    1819 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    fla,ny,nj
    Posts
    1,609
    im a huge 80's fan. my favorite station on the dish...old skool rap.

  12. #12
    alphaman's Avatar
    alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The Ron Paul War Room
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tiger_
    My life pretty much evolves around music in one way or another, I'm a musician (guitar/vocals) and music is just a huge part of my life, so I thought I'd see what you guys like to listen to..I think it can tell a lot about someone.

    I listen to:
    Almost everything. ..I'm into the underground music scene where the bands arent tainted by fame or dressed up to be "Marketable"

    my 2nd fav. is old black music, blues..Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson etc.

    I listen to some hard sh*t to get pumped up to lift sometimes on the way to the gym:Norma Jean, Every Time I Die..etc.

    But really, there isnt one genre that I would say I "Cant" listen to, I love all sorts of different stuff.

    what about you guys?

    I'm about the same as you. I like what sounds good. Has anyone ever heard of Haste The Day?

  13. #13
    guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,992
    I am probably the only person I know of that listens to just about every type of music;
    brotha lynch, techn9ne, xraided, metallica(old),pantera,dying fetus, cannibal corpse, slayer, cephalic carnage, ozzy, iron maiden, slipknot,sublime, cypress hill, beastie boys, led zeppelin, aesop rock, el p, rolling stones, hank williams, (some)tool, decapitated, tupac thers a bunch of sh!t I can't even remeber right now. Yea call me a weirdo but, I like all those.

  14. #14
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I am probably the only person I know of that listens to just about every type of music;
    brotha lynch, techn9ne, xraided, metallica(old),pantera,dying fetus, cannibal corpse, slayer, cephalic carnage, ozzy, iron maiden, slipknot,sublime, cypress hill, beastie boys, led zeppelin, aesop rock, el p, rolling stones, hank williams, (some)tool, decapitated, tupac thers a bunch of sh!t I can't even remeber right now. Yea call me a weirdo but, I like all those.
    Good stuff Skull! Its nice to see someone who can listen to any different genre and not be "biased", reminds me of myself...there needs to be more people like that! lol some of my freinds are like "dude my tastes in music are way diverse, I listen to rap, hip hop, AND R&B!"

    Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    im a huge 80's fan. my favorite station on the dish...old skool rap.
    Hell yea bro, 80's music is the shiet! lmao, its got such a good strong beat you can dance to, its so bad! ....anyone else ??

  15. #15
    Lord Humungous's Avatar
    Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South....
    Posts
    484
    Heh....good stuff.

    On my way to and during my workouts, I like high energy stuff. The heavier the better. Right now my faves are:

    Slipknot ("My Plague" is my personal #1 right now)
    Pantera (through Far beyond driven)
    Skinlab
    Hatebreed
    Fear Factory
    Machine Head
    Meshuggah
    Sevendust
    Biohazard (older stuff)
    Sepultura
    Entombed (Wolverine Blues is still awesome)

    But then to settle down, I still like some old 80s metal. Ratt, Helix, Ozzy, Van Halen (pre-1984), Rinnie James Dio (up to Sacred Heart), Black Sabbath etc.

    And then I like some old skool rap...Run DMC, LL cool J, etc. I am not really a fan of gangsta rap.

    But I have to admit I need a daily dose of Slipknot if I'm going heavy that day.

    -LH

  16. #16
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    i hate rap and country..rest my case

  17. #17
    Lord Humungous's Avatar
    Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    South....
    Posts
    484
    Oh yeah I forgot Slayer (duh!) Probably because my wife has it right now...

    -LH

  18. #18
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Van Halen (pre-1984)
    so basically Van Halen and not Van Hagar...I hear ya..Halen is the SH!T!
    -LH
    Slayers bad too

  19. #19
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    Atreyu is AMAAAAAAAZING! I'm listening to them now...anybody else into them?

  20. #20
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    Atreyu is AMAAAAAAAZING! I'm listening to them now...anybody else into them?
    *Raises Hand* Paris..your tastes are impressive!

    ...anyone heard of Bloc Party? Theyre a new phenomenon from the UK..I got a bunch of their songs today..I love em

  21. #21
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz.

    ~SC~

  22. #22
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz.

    ~SC~
    Hahaha JK swole! No shock there!!

  23. #23
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Yup, I know I'm different than the majority here, but I look at that as being unique.



    ~SC~

  24. #24
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yup, I know I'm different than the majority here, but I look at that as being unique.



    ~SC~
    Its good to be unique!

  25. #25
    Evil Predator's Avatar
    Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Moncton
    Posts
    1,453
    Heavy metal and rap for lifting...

    Good old rock n roll when im relaxing..

  26. #26
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz.

    ~SC~
    Hey to each his own. I love all those Genres, I respect anyone who likes jazz because that is some awesome stuff. Underground hip hop ...yea!
    you get into much of that SC? Atmosphere?? anyone? atmosphere? check him out if you havent, he's way good.

  27. #27
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    my favorites are underground hip hop and blues. btw I play guitar too, I love it keeps me sane sometimes.

  28. #28
    BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    sonoma county
    Posts
    457
    Underoath, Hawthorne Heights, Static lullaby

  29. #29
    walling is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    108
    i listen to the alot.. the cd with the first singer they had great fucing cd

  30. #30
    walling is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    108
    drowning pool

  31. #31
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    my favorites are underground hip hop and blues. btw I play guitar too, I love it keeps me sane sometimes.
    hell yea..dont I know it! so Symatech do you know/like Atmosphere? I'm sure you know him being that your into underground hip hop..he's pretty big.

  32. #32
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    anyone else?

  33. #33
    symatech's Avatar
    symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    not where I want to be
    Posts
    7,546
    atmosphere is the shit

  34. #34
    S.P.G's Avatar
    S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk/ south east
    Posts
    4,538
    I cant see anyone in to the hardcore underground music im talking D&B, techno alternative music, like

    AFX TWIN
    SQUARPUSHER
    DAVE CLARK
    Logical progression
    WARP RECORDS
    Intelligent drum and bass

    No one with me lol ok….

  35. #35
    MatrixGuy's Avatar
    MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    UK, Lancashire
    Posts
    5,239
    I like all kinds of music, from pop, rock, indie, dance and R&B.

    I like a bit of Britney too as most of you may already know

  36. #36
    _Tiger_ is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I cant see anyone in to the hardcore underground music im talking D&B, techno alternative music, like

    AFX TWIN
    SQUARPUSHER
    DAVE CLARK
    Logical progression
    WARP RECORDS
    Intelligent drum and bass

    No one with me lol ok….
    AFX twin?..hmm I've heard of Aphex Twin..No?

    MatrixGuy you like BRITNEY SPEARS?! YOU FAG! ITS ALL ABOUT N*STYNK!

  37. #37
    Squatman51's Avatar
    Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,662
    rock,metal, and rap are all good ....depends on the mood

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •