Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Big Rush's Avatar
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wal-Mart
    Posts
    3,498

    How come I can't post in the "Ask the Opposite Sex" forum??

    All I want to do is post this question there:

    http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...352#post187352

    Will someone let me know how to post there. Do
    I need special permission???? There just isn't an option at the top to "submit a new thread".

    Peace

  2. #2
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    The forum has been locked for the time being and is a "Read Only" status.

  3. #3
    Big Rush's Avatar
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wal-Mart
    Posts
    3,498
    thanks canes...why is that???

  4. #4
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    There was a big brouhaha last week about things getting out of hand in the forum, so the mods and the administrator thought it best that it was closed for at least the time being.

  5. #5
    EXCESS's Avatar
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    4,450
    The "Ask The Opposite Sex" section is locked indefinitely.

  6. #6
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    The "Ask The Opposite Sex" section is locked indefinitely.

  7. #7
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    Dizzy I even e-mailed you asking to talk to me about the opposite sex board and you never did. Don't be mad about it, discuss it with me. The only reason I haven't deleted it yet is because you haven't talked to me yet. Now, last chance, PM me, e-mail me, or reply. Let's come to a compromise. The opposite sex board is in your hands.

  8. #8
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by PTbyJason


    Dizzy I even e-mailed you asking to talk to me about the opposite sex board and you never did. Don't be mad about it, discuss it with me. The only reason I haven't deleted it yet is because you haven't talked to me yet. Now, last chance, PM me, e-mail me, or reply. Let's come to a compromise. The opposite sex board is in your hands.
    Huh ? Dizzy get to decide if it stays or goes ? Wow....he's only been here a month or so....that's odd Jason.

    Don't the older members get a say in it ?

  9. #9
    bex's Avatar
    bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,380
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever


    Huh ? Dizzy get to decide if it stays or goes ? Wow....he's only been here a month or so....that's odd Jason.

    Don't the older members get a say in it ?
    We must be past it canes...

  10. #10
    Big Rush's Avatar
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wal-Mart
    Posts
    3,498
    Ya, what's that all about????

  11. #11
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by bexsome


    We must be past it canes...
    huh ? Now I'm more confused than ever.....

  12. #12
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    no no, what I was saying, and you have no way of knowing unless you saw the e-mail I sent him, was that obviously Dizzy is upset about the opposite sex board being locked and I was the one that locked it. I want to compromise with everyone here. I think the opposite sex board can have a good purpose if used correctly, but everyone has to know the rules of it. I want to come up with rules that are fair to everyone. My thoughts were that if I could convince Dizzy that what I was doing was fair, then I could please just about anyone regarding the way the opposite sex board was run.

  13. #13
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by PTbyJason
    no no, what I was saying, and you have no way of knowing unless you saw the e-mail I sent him, was that obviously Dizzy is upset about the opposite sex board being locked and I was the one that locked it. I want to compromise with everyone here. I think the opposite sex board can have a good purpose if used correctly, but everyone has to know the rules of it. I want to come up with rules that are fair to everyone. My thoughts were that if I could convince Dizzy that what I was doing was fair, then I could please just about anyone regarding the way the opposite sex board was run.
    Okay now that sounds right.... Before it sounded like he was gonna be the sole person to decide if the board stayed or went and I was my head thinking, "What the hell is that, who is Dizzy, is he a new Super Moderator of the Sex Board ?", that would have probably ticked me and a lot of other folks off I'm sure.

    I mean I'm sure Dizzy is a nice guy but that would have just seemed wierd since he hasn't been here very long.

  14. #14
    solid90062's Avatar
    solid90062 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    605
    Jason, not too Diss on Dizzy, but YOU come up with rules that you think is best, and to hell with anyone that wants to bitch about it. It your job to administrate, not placate.

  15. #15
    PTbyJason's Avatar
    PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    70,179
    Originally posted by solid90062
    Jason, not too Diss on Dizzy, but YOU come up with rules that you think is best, and to hell with anyone that wants to bitch about it. It your job to administrate, not placate.
    I know i come up with the rules, and ultimately I am going to decide what happens with the future of it. This is my way of trying to make it fair for everyone. I am offering my hand to shake his and come to an agreement on everything, it is up to him to take the next step. I have a tendency of trying to make everyone happy both on the board and in my own life as well. I don't know if that is a good quality or a weakness. Like i have said before, I was the one that wanted the board to originally exist, so I want to bring it back. But if Dizzy and some of the others don't understand where I am coming from I will have to drop the board. I don't want to drop that board, I just want everyone to use it the way it is suppose to be used.

  16. #16
    bex's Avatar
    bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    england
    Posts
    1,380
    I think that PT should do what he thinks is best ...If some people are going to abuse the board and not follow the rules then we should lose it.But then the bros that did stuff it up for everyone else should be ashamed of them selfs and learn from there mistakes..JMO....

  17. #17
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by PTbyJason


    I know i come up with the rules, and ultimately I am going to decide what happens with the future of it. This is my way of trying to make it fair for everyone. I am offering my hand to shake his and come to an agreement on everything, it is up to him to take the next step. I have a tendency of trying to make everyone happy both on the board and in my own life as well. I don't know if that is a good quality or a weakness. Like i have said before, I was the one that wanted the board to originally exist, so I want to bring it back. But if Dizzy and some of the others don't understand where I am coming from I will have to drop the board. I don't want to drop that board, I just want everyone to use it the way it is suppose to be used.
    Jason thats an extremely reasonable position for you. I commend ya for opening it up to discussion even, it shows your sense of fair-play.

    I vote to keep it open, but have strict guidelines and heavy monitoring.

    just my 2¢

  18. #18
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    PLEASE...I have accepted the fact that it is closed. I'm just letting it be known that I don't like it. I respect the coice to close it. I hope it accomplishes what you want. Thats all.

  19. #19
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    BTW - PTbyJason...EXCESS sent me that pm yesterday afternoon. I made the post friday night. I haven't recieved any thing else on this matter.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 04-28-2002 at 07:08 PM.

  20. #20
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever


    Huh ? Dizzy get to decide if it stays or goes ? Wow....he's only been here a month or so....that's odd Jason.

    Don't the older members get a say in it ?
    You've only been here two months longer than me dude.

  21. #21
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    Originally posted by PTbyJason


    I know i come up with the rules, and ultimately I am going to decide what happens with the future of it. This is my way of trying to make it fair for everyone. I am offering my hand to shake his and come to an agreement on everything, it is up to him to take the next step. I have a tendency of trying to make everyone happy both on the board and in my own life as well. I don't know if that is a good quality or a weakness. Like i have said before, I was the one that wanted the board to originally exist, so I want to bring it back. But if Dizzy and some of the others don't understand where I am coming from I will have to drop the board. I don't want to drop that board, I just want everyone to use it the way it is suppose to be used.
    I just wanted to voice my opinion. If you think a poll or something should be held. Then cool.

    I do definately understand where your coming from PT. I think you should start a poll if you really want to hear opinions on it.

  22. #22
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    You've only been here two months longer than me dude.
    Well, isn't that longer than you ?

  23. #23
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever


    Well, isn't that longer than you ?
    Yes.

    I have spent alot of time helping out members anyway I can. Being as subjective as I can with my opinion about steriods and training. Answering threads and alot of pms daily. The first thing I look for is threads that have zero replies at the bottom of the page. I try to answer these questions, or at least add something to it...just to bump it up top again. I enjoy helping people and I think I have contributed to the board to the best of my ability. I have made alot of OT posts as of late because I just want to mix it up a little.

    The first 500 (at the least) posts were strickly AS, training, or diet related. So I'm not a member who blew up my posts making jokes and talking about movies. I have done my research...and I like to share what I have learned...and exchange ideas with others who have done the same.

    Regardless...I don't think because someone has been here longer gives them the right to say their opinion is more important than anyone elses.

  24. #24
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    Yes.

    I have spent alot of time helping out members anyway I can. Being as subjective as I can with my opinion about steriods and training. Answering threads and alot of pms daily. The first thing I look for is threads that have zero replies at the bottom of the page. I try to answer these questions, or at least add something to it...just to bump it up top again. I enjoy helping people and I think I have contributed to the board to the best of my ability. I have made alot of OT posts as of late because I just want to mix it up a little.

    The first 500 (at the least) posts were strickly AS, training, or diet related. So I'm not a member who blew up my posts making jokes and talking about movies. I have done my research...and I like to share what I have learned...and exchange ideas with others who have done the same.

    Regardless...I don't think because someone has been here longer gives them the right to say their opinion is more important than anyone elses.
    Excuse me....wow, a bit touchy today aren't we ?

    Dizzy I have no beef with you bro, so relax okay. I think EVERYONE'S opinion is valid on the board, unless you are a troll or a spammer. I mean even Doofy's opinion counts (j/k Doofy ).

    The reason I took exception to what I had assumed Jason meant by his 1st post was that YOU and you alone were going to make the decision to keep the board open or not. Go back and re-read Jason's post and see why I came to that conclusion.

    So bro, sit back and relax, it's no biggie !

  25. #25
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    PTbyJason - I just realized something. You said you emailed me. I don't check that operamail account anymore. I rarely can even get to it anymore...like right now. So that is why I didn't answer you. (if that is where you sent the email) because other than that EXCESS is the only one who has pm'd me about this.

    As soon as I can get to that email. I will reply. Maybe I'll just pm ya.

    Canes - Cool. I didn't think you were attacking me. But I wasn't trying to attack you either. I'm relaxed dude. Just making sure everyone knows that I do care what happens to this board.

  26. #26
    Big Rush's Avatar
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Wal-Mart
    Posts
    3,498
    Wow, I'm almost sorry I started this post...everyone relax

    Peace

  27. #27
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    Canes - Cool. I didn't think you were attacking me. But I wasn't trying to attack you either. I'm relaxed dude. Just making sure everyone knows that I do care what happens to this board.
    I would never attack anyone unless they deserved it Dizzy, even being here a month or so I know you know that much. I am not a fighter.

    Dizzy, we all care about AR, and I know I certainly do, or I wouldn't have devoted so much time lately to helping build up the Picture Galleries in the Pro News & Pix forum. Hopefully you enjoy my contributions to the board.

    Since I don't have a great deal of knowledge in the anabolic steroid field, and I really get lost on those threads, I don't spend to much time reading them, and certainly don't post in them. I would never want to take away from the pertinent information that you and others are contributing to the valid questions that newer and less experienced steroid users have. I commend you on your knowledge and hopefully when I have questions on them I will be able to look to you for guidance.

    Maybe my contribution to the board is different than yours, I try to be pleasant and nice to newcomers and welcome them to the board, and I also try to have something funny to say when things get a little bit too stuffy. We all have different roles here and the diversity is just as like that of any other family. Everyone makes a different contribution which none of which more or less worthy than the others.

    Dizzy, have a good evening brother

  28. #28
    Dizzy's Avatar
    Dizzy is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    1,113
    I appreciate what you've done for the board Canes. Believe that. And if your not positive of it now...then do know that I think your a great person and I respect you alot.

    Good evening to you sir.

  29. #29
    Canes4Ever's Avatar
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Miami, Fla
    Posts
    4,744
    Originally posted by Dizzy
    I appreciate what you've done for the board Canes. Believe that. And if your not positive of it now...then do know that I think your a great person and I respect you alot.

    Good evening to you sir.
    Sir ??? UGH, that is a fightin word bro

    (just kidding )

    Makes me feel soooooooo old

  30. #30
    EXCESS's Avatar
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    4,450
    I'm glad to see that everyone is so passionate about the decisions made regarding the board, whether you agree or disagree with them. That effectively is what a message board is all about. Thanks to everyone that has expressed their opinions in a mature manner.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •