Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    G-13 is offline Member
    Fuk the compromises, your the man..lay down the law and rule with an iron fist..all i mean by that is dont take any shit and show her you wont take any shit..women are always testing men, turn it around and test her...no male friends and thats the end of the discussion, or walk, most men are afraid to do that. I have done it and it may take a couple of days but they come back begging, and guess what, with no more male friends...

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    no reason to cause undue frustration or ever add the temptation...women are scandalous...and guys just don't care...that is all...

You have angelina jolie's lips.

and... and..

If you assosiate with immoral people, they will do immoral things to you, male of female.

Not everybody is an ass, just most.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    What do you guys think about your wife having male friends and hanging out with them? I think it's just asking for trouble. From observing other couples, one person, in the female-male friendship, usually develops feelings for the other, in the long run.
    It's guaranteed trouble.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Well, I have to say that I am really surprised by all the answers to this question. All these people and not one person really seems to think it's okay, dont you guys think that is a little close-minded?

Now this is coming from someone who has had platonic male friends all her life. I thing that as long as the woman is not ATTRACTED to the man then the friendship can easily work. I have plenty of male friends that I am in no way attracted to them whatsoever, if they find me attractive and make a move, well then friendship is over cause it would just be weird and awkward after that. And if the guy doesnt know better to know someone is not interested and not make a move in the first place, well thats his own stupidity.

Also theres different levels of friendship. I mean, is she talking for hours with some guy every day, that is definitely a sign that there is something else going on, I dont even talk to my girlfriends for hours daily. But if your wife has a male friend who she's known for a long time and every once and a while goes for a drink or coffee or catches up on the phone, or whatever, I dont see the problem. And if you cant trust her, well then there are other issues with your relationship altogether.

Now, if she is out SEEKING new male friends then that is a different story. Any male friends I have, I have known for 10-15 years, I also have some male colleagues that I consider my friend but I am not out meeting new guys and calling them "my friend", thats just wrong and the same goes for you and women. At this age, if you meet someone of the opposite sex, iether you try to make them more than your friend or they just remain an aquaintance you may see from time to time when you are with mutual friends.

As a woman, if my man did not trust me that the male friends I had previous to knowing him were just friends and he tried to "forbid" me from seeing them unless he was around, well sorry, bye bye boyfriend. If you dont have trust then really you have nothing.

rsmihula is offline Associate Member

Noooooo

Bottom line females are deceptive to feelings and emotions and being around another male is just asking for trouble I'd say according to study's most people who cheat do it with someone from there workplace because of the frequent contact and chemistry developed and if she is hanging with them outside the work place that's a big NO NO!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    hmmmm, interesting SK. I guess I trust ya then.

Do whatever you want baby... I know that you're a smart woman and will do the right thing.

I personally don't care if you have male friends, just as long as their not better looking than me, or have a nicer car, or make more money or have better prospects or things upcoming than me or if they are taller than me... or dont have any more "vices" than me...or if you'd rather hang out with him than me...or are funnier than me or more interesting.

kewl?

kewl.

HEY!! wait a minute what about SEAN? huh...he has nice M3 ... ohh well, hes ugly and stubby.

ok, KEWL... carry on..yah feehl me? know whad im seyin?

wurd

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    Here's a perfect example of why women shouldn't hang with guys (nor men with other women) if they are in a commited relationship.
    My bf wants to walk into a bar first, he wants to see what goes on when I walk into a bar without him. (he wants me to pick him up) goofy game I know but he asked for it.
    When i walk in order a beer & get quarters for the pool game. I play by myself and then a couple of guys ask to form teams. We form teams and Im playing pool. The bf starts drinking shots of tequila, buys me one and then has three more. Now he is totally drunk and another guy in the bar starts a fight with him. (I hate that) Now I refuse to acknowledge him cause he is so sloppy and I continue to play pool, we were betting and I was winning. He walks out (im the designated driver-as i always am) and when im done I say goodby to the guys and drive my bf home. After listening to him yell at me all the way home I haven't called him back. He says that I ignored him and I say, don't play the game with me unless you don't mind loosing.
    It was wrong for him to get drunk and put me in a position that I REALLY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW I REALLY KNEW HIM.
    Last edited by LAW; 08-30-2005 at 08:56 AM.

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    Guys should have male mates and girls should have female mates. If you wont both then it should be as a circle of friends with both of you present.

Quote Originally Posted by LAW
    Here's a perfect example of why women shouldn't hang with guys (nor men with other women) if they are in a commited relationship.
    My bf wants to walk into a bar first, he wants to see what goes on when I walk into a bar without him. (he wants me to pick him up) goofy game I know but he asked for it.
    When i walk in order a beer & get quarters for the pool game. I play by myself and then a couple of guys ask to form teams. We form teams and Im playing pool. The bf starts drinking shots of tequila, buys me one and then has three more. Now he is totally drunk and another guy in the bar starts a fight with him. (I hate that) Now I refuse to acknowledge him cause he is so sloppy and I continue to play pool, we were betting and I was winning. He walks out (im the designated driver-as i always am) and when im done I say goodby to the guys and drive my bf home. After listening to him yell at me all the way home I haven't called him back. He says that I ignored him and I say, don't play the game with me unless you don't mind loosing.
    It was wrong for him to get drunk and put me in a position that I REALLY DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW I REALLY KNEW HIM.
    Theres a huge difference between people who you've known since childhood and some random guys you meet in a bar. Those are not what I consider "friends".

I guess I am the only one that thinks its okay to have mixed sex friends, depending on the circumstances. Also, I just use the rule of thumb, if I am not willing to introduce them to my significant other, then somethings not right, there are alterior motives. I dont have one male friend that I wouldnt introduce Dally to and have us all hang out together. But then again, I dont find any of my male friends in the least bit attractive so I know there is no issue as I am very picky.
    Last edited by SexyKitty; 08-30-2005 at 09:08 AM.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I have several good friends who are girls that I've known for over 10 years. We've never had sex and never will. I just enjoy their company and they enjoy mine. However, I will say that it's a dangerous game when it's people you don't know or trust. I'd be wary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I have several good friends who are girls that I've known for over 10 years. We've never had sex and never will. I just enjoy their company and they enjoy mine. However, I will say that it's a dangerous game when it's people you don't know or trust. I'd be wary of it.
    Exactly! When it comes to old friends, it comes to a point where you dont really think of them as being a guy friend or a girl friend, there just friends. But if your wife/gf is out SEEKING and MEETING new guy friends, then there could be an issue

LAW
    LAW is offline Female Member
    SK yes your right I do have male friends that are just friends and I would have no interest in them. I took this thread out of context, friends vs guys at a bar.
    Need CARBS NOW!

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Like Dally said, as long as they have no way to compete with my near-perfection, it's cool.

If they are even moderately attractive or desireable, I may get jealous, and heads may get bloodied.

Now that I think of it, I do have a few female platonic friends that I can confide in, or even hang out with. The fact does need mentioning however that I do not find them attractive, and never will. Now if they were attractive, I know myself well enough that, if I am around them long enough, we are going to end up bumping uglies, and I respect the gal I'm with way too much to do that.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyKitty
    Exactly! When it comes to old friends, it comes to a point where you dont really think of them as being a guy friend or a girl friend, there just friends. But if your wife/gf is out SEEKING and MEETING new guy friends, then there could be an issue
    Ok good point, now if you have an old school friend (a guy )that you are friends with and asks you to go have dinner or to stop by the house or go out for a couple of drinks ........ Is it ok to leave your BF or husband at home???? and go out with him

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Ok good point, now if you have an old school friend (a guy )that you are friends with and asks you to go have dinner or to stop by the house or go out for a couple of drinks ........ Is it ok to leave your BF or husband at home???? and go out with him
    If it's in the middle of the afternoon or afterwork and you just want to meet up for a quick drink or coffee then yes, it's acceptable. If it's a Friday or Saturday night however, it's too "date" like and I personaly would not go, unless it was a group of friends, then it's okay. I dont think that B/F and G/F have to go out together ALL the time, it's perfectly acceptable and healthy to have your own social lives, especially if you have your own friends from before you met, just need to know where to draw the line.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Sorry Dally but-Kitty if you got un-dressed and layed on a bed in front of one of your male friends, what do you think he would do? Men say its no good because we know how men think. Not because we are close minded.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Sorry Dally but-Kitty if you got un-dressed and layed on a bed in front of one of your male friends, what do you think he would do? Men say its no good because we know how men think. Not because we are close minded.
    I dont care what the man would do because I would not do that in the first place! And like I said, if one of my friends is stupid enough to not know that I am NOT interested and he put the moves on me then I would very quickly end the friendship. I would never be friends with a man that I was attracted to in the first place, if I was attracted to him then he wouldnt be my friend, he'd be my boyfriend. Why is that so hard to understand?

RA
    I dont care what the man would do because I would not do that in the first place! And like I said, if one of my friends is stupid enough to not know that I am NOT interested and he put the moves on me then I would very quickly end the friendship. I would never be friends with a man that I was attracted to in the first place, if I was attracted to him then he wouldnt be my friend, he'd be my boyfriend. Why is that so hard to understand?

To have someone as a friend you must see something in them. It could be they are smart or funny or good looking. Thats a start and I guarantee its in the back of his mind. Unless hes gay.

To have someone as a friend you must see something in them. It could be they are smart or funny or good looking. Thats a start and I guarantee its in the back of his mind. Unless hes gay.
    This is just pitifull. Does that mean that I must see something in all my female friends and I am secretly attracted to them? Sorry but all my guy friends are in the short, bald and/or fat category and therefore would never look twice at them sexually. If they want to hump me secretly then I couldnt care less, as long as they dont act on it.

But whatever, I'm done defending myself because I really dont think you guys understand my point of view and I dont expect you to. My ex-boyfriend didnt understand it iether, he also couldnt understand that some people just like the taste of beer and can have a beer without wanting to get drunk, he was a an idiot....enough said.

RA
    This is just pitifull. Does that mean that I must see something in all my female friends and I am secretly attracted to them? Sorry but all my guy friends are in the short, bald and/or fat category and therefore would never look twice at them sexually. If they want to hump me secretly then I couldnt care less, as long as they dont act on it.

But whatever, I'm done defending myself because I really dont think you guys understand my point of view and I dont expect you to. My ex-boyfriend didnt understand it iether, he also couldnt understand that some people just like the taste of beer and can have a beer without wanting to get drunk, he was a an idiot....enough said.

Fair enough. We disagree.

RA
    he also couldnt understand that some people just like the taste of beer and can have a beer without wanting to get drunk, he was a an idiot....enough said.

Very subtle.

I think that the point is that what if they are not short fat and bald and they were tall good looking and muscular, and they have a natural attraction to you and your hanging out without your husband and one thing leads to another due to drinking or flirting

BAM oops I slipped and fell right into sex!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that you cant have a guy friend or a guy having a girlfriend but hanging out and talking on the phone would just eventually lead to trouble especially if both are attractive!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    I think that the point is that what if they are not short fat and bald and they were tall good looking and muscular, and they have a natural attraction to you and your hanging out without your husband and one thing leads to another due to drinking or flirting

BAM oops I slipped and fell right into sex!!!!!!!

I'm not saying that you cant have a guy friend or a guy having a girlfriend but hanging out and talking on the phone would just eventually lead to trouble especially if both are attractive!!!!!!
    Bingo!!! We have a winner. I guessed you must have missed what I said about men and women who find EACH OTHER attractive cannot be friends. That will lead to iether a) a relationship or b) cheating on a relationship. And if only one person finds the other attractive well then they'll iether have to suck it up or move on.

I would never be friends with a man that I was attracted to in the first place, if I was attracted to him then he wouldnt be my friend, he'd be my boyfriend. Why is that so hard to understand?

your missing some very important and more likely scenario's ...

she met these fellas from the chicks she sat beside/hung out with in school....guys buddy'in up with her friends and nothin else... school chumps out in the smokin section..all chillin...sure he or whoever may have some of the qualities you mentioned .. but not attractive right? so...

there you go friend status.

but, the thing is with women is that they can grow to like you more and more and more to hump, but usually if they're not attracted to ya, they aren't gonna just lay the fuk down so you can plow that snapper.

P.s i use that scenario ALL THE TIME when talkin to my friends...ehehhee (so your tellin me IF she was lyin on the bed all naked rubbin herself ... you wouldn't hump er?

ahhahaha

thats a fukin classic)

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    i think that issue has to do with the wife ofcourse, how much does she respect her husband, and ohw much does she respect her self and control her self.
    plus u gotta understand that women usually have the upper hand in how guys deal with them, if the guy notice that the woman is easy going and seems like he can get something, he'll go for it (every guy will), but if the women showed respect and and have enough dignity that won't happen.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    What do you guys think about your wife having male friends and hanging out with them? I think it's just asking for trouble. From observing other couples, one person, in the female-male friendship, usually develops feelings for the other, in the long run.
    no way unless its to do somethign with work , even then (thank god) she invites me to any of her lunch talkings if she ever gets invited , and really dont care what others think she will not be there if her hubbys not there , i respect her for that way of thinking , since we are talking about future wives , its still a no , if she did wanted to hang out with other males whlist being married she has some problems , or some uncontrolled lust , very dangerous even if she thinks she isnt doing anything , something will happen. MORALs keep the marriage right for any couple . and beign straight with what u want from her before marriage will save u a lot of misunderstanding in the future !

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by THE CROW
    Does she need another friend? a good friend?
    thats IT in a NUTSHELL !

xxSmartyPantsxx is offline Junior Member
    marriage requires absolute trust. if you don't have it, the marriage will be painful and tiresome to at least one party (if not both).

if you don't trust someone absolutely (meaning they'd be free to have friends of either gender), then why would you marry that person?

my future wife has guy friends that she hangs out with mainly in a group environment. i don't expect or require her to stop being friends with them once we're married.

if you don't trust your mate or her judge of character, to chose friends that would endanger your relationship with her, then i'm sorry for that. if your mate isn't savvy enough to chose friendships with positive people, then her decision to be with you is also in question.

i don't live in a fantasy world, and i understand that people cheat...but if you chose your friends/mates wisely, the risk is largely mitigated.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Fag that gay guys get jelous and will work against you, no friends at all unless bi females who love your cock!!!

thats the type I like, the only friend she needs.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    your missing some very important and more likely scenario's ...

she met these fellas from the chicks she sat beside/hung out with in school....guys buddy'in up with her friends and nothin else... school chumps out in the smokin section..all chillin...sure he or whoever may have some of the qualities you mentioned .. but not attractive right? so...

there you go friend status.

but, the thing is with women is that they can grow to like you more and more and more to hump, but usually if they're not attracted to ya, they aren't gonna just lay the fuk down so you can plow that snapper.

P.s i use that scenario ALL THE TIME when talkin to my friends...ehehhee (so your tellin me IF she was lyin on the bed all naked rubbin herself ... you wouldn't hump er?

ahhahaha

thats a fukin classic)

Dally, I must say, you have a unique way of putting things. I just have never ever known any guy that just wanted to hang out with a girl and didnt want to get in her pants. Never. Unless of course hes gay.

My apology was for painting the picture.

Dally, I must say, you have a unique way of putting things. I just have never ever known any guy that just wanted to hang out with a girl and didnt want to get in her pants. Never. Unless of course hes gay.

My apology was for painting the picture.

well, this will fix it for ya... say she was fat....

huh? still wanna bang er? nope.

but if shes just a good person to chill with or is loaded and buys everyone drinks or if she lets you drive her Bentley .... then hey! everybodys happy.

do it man, go out and get yourself a girl friend ... and then the next thing you know, you got a girl who knows girls who knows others....

ya fee meH?

wurd

but if shes just a good person to chill with or is loaded and buys everyone drinks or if she lets you drive her Bentley .... then hey! everybodys happy.

do it man, go out and get yourself a girl friend ... and then the next thing you know, you got a girl who knows girls who knows others....

ya fee meH?

wurd

What if one night she offers to suck you dick when youve had a few too many????????

RA

ya fee meH?

wurd

Yes, thats what I want to be seen with. A real fat pig.

lmao

Jerzey is offline Member
    I have to say I had this problem with my ex-boyfriend.. 90% of my friends are guys as my hobbies have been cars, motorcycles and bodybuilding since I was 15.. Not many women ride sportbikes and workout..

When I met my ex I had just moved to North Jersey and we hit it off immediately. Problem was he feels like most of you do and just about all my friends were guys (not guys I slept with, just acquaintances and/or friends). I had no problem with him meeting them or whatever but he eventually chased them all away (he was about 6' 240-250 lbs with a very very low bf). He was overboard though.

On my own i stopped hanging out with them because (1) I sold my bike (2) I wanted to spend my free time with him, however, that didn't stop him from picking up my phone and threatening to break their legs if they called again.. (he was right about most of them though....I have to give him that much..)

Problem is, he's the one that always left his cell in the car, I never shut mine off or hid it

My point here is in a good relationship, there's honesty, trust and respect. I wouldn't have disrespected him and/or put myself in a situation with guys that could possibly be trouble. I think that if your friends are mutual friends and can not only hang out with you alone, but you and your significant other, there's a difference.

I have to say, in most male/female friendships... one person does eventually catch feelings. There are exceptions to every rule though and i know of some long time friends who have not fooled around (as rare as it may be).

I personally wouldn't hang out with guys alone if I was in a serious relationship as I wouldn't want my significant other going out with women. Women can be just as bad as men, however, I'd have to trust whoever I'm with in order to be with them, therefore, I would trust them not to do anything.

By the way Vixi, that new pic in your avatar is hot
    Last edited by Jerzey; 08-30-2005 at 02:39 PM.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I have to say I had this problem with my ex-boyfriend.. 90% of my friends are guys as my hobbies have been cars, motorcycles and bodybuilding since I was 15.. Not many women ride sportbikes and workout..

When I met my ex I had just moved to North Jersey and we hit it off immediately. Problem was he feels like most of you do and just about all my friends were guys (not guys I slept with, just acquaintances and/or friends). I had no problem with him meeting them or whatever but he eventually chased them all away (he was about 6' 240-250 lbs with a very very low bf). He was overboard though.

On my own i stopped hanging out with them because (1) I sold my bike (2) I wanted to spend my free time with him, however, that didn't stop him from picking up my phone and threatening to break their legs if they called again.. (he was right about most of them though....I have to give him that much..)

Problem is, he's the one that always left his cell in the car, I never shut mine off or hid it

My point here is in a good relationship, there's honesty, trust and respect. I wouldn't have disrespected him and/or put myself in a situation with guys that could possibly be trouble. I think that if your friends are mutual friends and can not only hang out with you alone, but you and your significant other, there's a difference.

I have to say, in most male/female friendships... one person does eventually catch feelings. There are exceptions to every rule though and i know of some long time friends who have not fooled around (as rare as it may be).

I personally wouldn't hang out with guys alone if I was in a serious relationship as I wouldn't want my significant other going out with women. Women can be just as bad as men, however, I'd have to trust whoever I'm with in order to be with them, therefore, I would trust them not to do anything.
    I kinda agree, but what if they were friends who went out to bars or clubbing, I wouldnt trust anyone when alcohol was involed, shit happens when your drunk.

Jerzey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    I kinda agree, but what if they were friends who went out to bars or clubbing, I wouldnt trust anyone when alcohol was involed, shit happens when your drunk.
    I agree. Totally. I also believe most guys are around as "friends" to try to work their way into your pants... Personally, when I'm with someone, i wouldn't put myself in that situation as I wouldn't want to be on the other side. I try to always thing of what the other side would feel like. The guys who didn't stick around after I said I couldn't hang out w/o my bf, they are the ones I knew who were there to get in my pants (by the way, that was at least 3/4 of them, lol)..

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerzey
    I agree. Totally. I also believe most guys are around as "friends" to try to work their way into your pants... Personally, when I'm with someone, i wouldn't put myself in that situation as I wouldn't want to be on the other side. I try to always thing of what the other side would feel like. The guys who didn't stick around after I said I couldn't hang out w/o my bf, they are the ones I knew who were there to get in my pants (by the way, that was at least 3/4 of them, lol)..
    Absolutly!!I had a girlfriend that took it as a challenge cuz I didnt want her hanging with her guy friends anymore, she made it into such a big deal I walked away, her loss! So I like to think!!!

BG
    The guys who didn't stick around after I said I couldn't hang out w/o my bf, they are the ones I knew who were there to get in my pants (by the way, that was at least 3/4 of them, lol)..
    Thats fuc'd up . Good way to weed the friends out!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information