Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yeah I could need some jewelry, a new computer and a mercedes

11 21.57%
  • No way!

40 78.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IronFreakX is offline Banned
    I think they should dump as much home made napalm as they can.....then without notice just lite it all...

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I'd hit a vet clinic, but that is it.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    No i would not loot.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by booz
    fair point but will it raise it or will they just take more out of wat you pay anyway?

Think about it,

A shop as any business has a profit margin, which must be met, in order for the business to be profitable.

As I like to say, I can sit at home and not make any money.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    how much do you think that increase can possibly be?

I'm not sure,

However I would figure it would be enough so as they make their profit margin.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    I'm not sure,

However I would figure it would be enough so as they make their profit margin.
    lets say walmart does increase price to balance out the increase insurance cost. Imagine the HUGE IMENSE ammount of products they sell each year. The price increase would be miniscule. Almost unnoticable.

I feel like a douchbag defending looting. But like I said I would never loot anything that would seriously hurt someones economy(I wouldnt loot small privatly owned stores or homes). But when it comes to walmart, costco(did I spell this right)? de beers, omega, patek philip ect I wouldnt raise an eyebrown since it wouldnt effect anyone to any greater degree at all.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    lets say walmart does increase price to balance out the increase insurance cost. Imagine the HUGE IMENSE ammount of products they sell each year. The price increase would be miniscule. Almost unnoticable.

I feel like a douchbag defending looting. But like I said I would never loot anything that would seriously hurt someones economy(I wouldnt loot small privatly owned stores or homes). But when it comes to walmart, costco(did I spell this right)? de beers, omega, patek philip ect I wouldnt raise an eyebrown since it wouldnt effect anyone to any greater degree at all.
    Gosh, you dont have a problem taking things, you dont have a problem asking for things... I get it, if it is free to you then ok.

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Why loot and steal guns and tvs and other shit to stay in a sunken city

Stupid ass mufukas

chest6 is offline Banned
    ive been watching the films of all the looters...looks like a bunch of black dudes and girls...not racist..just stating what I see. Oh and ya...if there was a massive hurricane i would throw everything in my car and drive far far away

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef

I cant believe you are defending it. Taking some formula so your baby doesnt go hungry is one thing. Stealing jewelry from de beers is another. Apparently your parents never taught you to not take anything thats not yours.

Blitz777 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Honestly I don't believe in vigilantism, but in a case like that I'd organise a possee and lynch anyone found looting.

A few looters lynched from lamp posts with a sign that says "LOOTER" around their necks may help some people regain their moral sense.

Red
    I'd be there beside you with my hunting rifle in my hands, my over and under shotty strapped to my back, and my desert eagle on my hip. fvcking looters. Worthless.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer

Doesn't matter if it's from the mom and pop shop, the house with the roof blown off, or the big Walmart stealing in the end hurts everyone.

Stealing for survival is an instinct but stealing for luxury is just out of greed. There's no two ways to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Gosh, you dont have a problem taking things, you dont have a problem asking for things... I get it, if it is free to you then ok.
    I have a problem taking things if it means it will effect someone personaly. For that matter I have never stolen ANYTHING in my entire life.

Tell me who would personaly suffer if something is looten from say walmart. Something that would get destroyed from the water anyway.

If I put it like this. If you know something that is abandoned is going to get destroyed will you take it or will you let it get destroyed? there is no difference whatsoever to the owner. What do you do?

If I had left my store and knew everything in it is going to get destroyed then I wouldnt mind people looting things. Why would I care when it will get lost either way.

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    I cant believe you are defending it. Taking some formula so your baby doesnt go hungry is one thing. Stealing jewelry from de beers is another. Apparently your parents never taught you to not take anything thats not yours.
    read the above.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If I was as poor as them, and taking things to survive, yes.

I have a problem taking things if it means it will effect someone personaly. For that matter I have never stolen ANYTHING in my entire life.

Tell me who would personaly suffer if something is looten from say walmart. Something that would get destroyed from the water anyway.

If I put it like this. If you know something that is abandoned is going to get destroyed will you take it or will you let it get destroyed? there is no difference whatsoever to the owner. What do you do?

If I had left my store and knew everything in it is going to get destroyed then I wouldnt mind people looting things. Why would I care when it will get lost either way.

read the above.
    I see what you 're saying but if it's being "taken" then most likely it hasn't been ruined by water yet or it may never be ruined. The less that is destroyed and "taken" means less money the insurance company will need to pay out.

These types of disasters hurt the insurance co. as well. If they don't take out insurance on thier claims to help in a catastrophic lose then they will need to come up with all the money to pay out the claim. It could put some of the smaller insurers out of bussiness too. So when they say stealing hurts everyone it really does.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    If I was as poor as them, and taking things to survive, yes.
    Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor if you're stuck in that mess.......... now everyone is equal....... but yes to survive I see nothing wrong with taking food and water.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I see what you 're saying but if it's being "taken" then most likely it hasn't been ruined by water yet or it may never be ruined. The less that is destroyed and "taken" means less money the insurance company will need to pay out.

These types of disasters hurt the insurance co. as well. If they don't take out insurance on thier claims to help in a catastrophic lose then they will need to come up with all the money to pay out the claim. It could put some of the smaller insurers out of bussiness too. So when they say stealing hurts everyone it really does.

Exactly. The same goes for frivolous lawsuits. Some stupid b**ch spill coffee on herself a McDonalds, she gets a million, and I get higher insurance bills. That shyt grindes me.

I understand your point aswell.

Does inscurances cover natural disastes btw? If they do doestn that mean its some kind of special insurance that costs alot? Hasnt the cost been covered already? I have terribly unfamiliar with insurances...

I understand your point aswell.

Does inscurances cover natural disastes btw? If they do doestn that mean its some kind of special insurance that costs alot? Hasnt the cost been covered already? I have terribly unfamiliar with insurances...
    Insurance companies will insure areas, people, vehicles, structures all by risk calculations. If you fall in "High" risk your premium is a lot higher then the low risk premiums. So yes they make sure they are pulling enough money from the premiums but in a cases like this there may not be enough because of how big of a disaster it was.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Exactly. The same goes for frivolous lawsuits. Some stupid b**ch spill coffee on herself a McDonalds, she gets a million, and I get higher insurance bills. That shyt grindes me.
    I thought that case got dismissed?

that seems to be a problem with the law system(making it possible to sue for petty shit like that). We dont have anything stupid like that in sweden.

Insurance companies will insure areas, people, vehicles, structures all by risk calculations. If you fall in "High" risk your premium is a lot higher then the low risk premiums. So yes they make sure they are pulling enough money from the premiums but in a cases like this there may not be enough because of how big of a disaster it was.
    I see.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    we can also include the juiced shemale hooker as one of those stupid enough to stay. I wonder of that is a trait of all shemale hookers
    Dude..juiced shemale homo or whatever is full of sh!t about being from the new orleans area because there's no power. So unless the he/she has a generator he wouldn't be able to get online I call

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Dude..juiced shemale homo or whatever is full of sh!t about being from the new orleans area because there's no power. So unless the he/she has a generator he wouldn't be able to get online I call

be a nice boy and play along atleast its humorus for a while

The point that I would like to make is that companies that have to constantly file with their Insurers will see an increase in their insurance rates, that can eventually lead to higher prices or the collapse of the company.

This isn't a perfect example, but a Construction company that I am familiar with, due to a poor safety record, had to go out of business. Their insurance rates were so high, due to accidents, that they could not competitively bid work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    The point that I would like to make is that companies that have to constantly file with their Insurers will see an increase in their insurance rates, that can eventually lead to higher prices or the collapse of the company.

This isn't a perfect example, but a Construction company that I am familiar with, due to a poor safety record, had to go out of business. Their insurance rates were so high, due to accidents, that they could not competitively bid work.

I understand the point but I fail to se how looting stuff that possibly would get destroyed anyway would have any long term consequenses on the economy. Im not saying we should all loot what we want. Just this wierd surreal situation in new orleans right now.

these insurance issues seems to be a major problem in the states but I never hear anything about it in sweden so I suspect your system is fu'cked.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    If I or my family needed food or water that I did not have or could not get right away- I would surely join the crowd but only for that reason.

BG
    Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor if you're stuck in that mess.......... now everyone is equal....... but yes to survive I see nothing wrong with taking food and water.
    No tv's or dvd players!!!

No tv's or dvd players!!!

LOL.............. Where the hell would I plug them in?

BG
    LOL.............. Where the hell would I plug them in?
    I dont know but there still taking them!!!!!Maybe next theyll hit the hardware store for a generator!

I dont know but there still taking them!!!!!Maybe next theyll hit the hardware store for a generator!
    No gas to fill them LOL.

It's a shame about everything that has happened to New Orleans. Out of all the cities I have been to for vacation it's the best one. I just hope when it's all said and done that a lot of what gave New Orleans it's charm (French Quarter, Garden District) is pretty much still intact.

My wife and I were to go there Oct 28 - 31 for all the crazy stuff that goes on for Halloween. I don't see that happeneing

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    No, because I would not be in New Orleans right now. I would have been smart enough to listen to the national weather service, the mayor, the govenor, and about 10 other places that told me to get out of there, because there was a cat 5 hurricane in the gulf. So No I would not, and if I was dumb enough to be stuck there, no I'm not a dirty ass scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    No, because I would not be in New Orleans right now. I would have been smart enough to listen to the national weather service, the mayor, the govenor, and about 10 other places that told me to get out of there, because there was a cat 5 hurricane in the gulf. So No I would not, and if I was dumb enough to be stuck there, no I'm not a dirty ass scumbag.
    That's easier for everyone to say then do. There are people with medical problems, mental problems, some didn't have the means, and there were some that were afraid to leave everything they worked for behind.

There were shelters turning away people if they didn't leave thier pets behind. There's no way in the world I would leave my dogs to die.

That's easier for everyone to say then do. There are people with medical problems, mental problems, some didn't have the means, and there were some that were afraid to leave everything they worked for behind.

There were shelters turning away people if they didn't leave thier pets behind. There's no way in the world I would leave my dogs to die.
    It sure is easy to say.... lets see 145 mph winds.... Die or don't die... very easy.

It sure is easy to say.... lets see 145 mph winds.... Die or don't die... very easy.

It must be nice to be you. I hope you never have to make decission or live through something like this but if you do you may change your attitude a bit.

It must be nice to be you. I hope you never have to make decission or live through something like this but if you do you may change your attitude a bit.
    Great pull the sympathy card mudman... please bro. I feel sorry for these people I really do, but sometimes you did ur own grave. Its not like they did not know what was coming. Unless you lived in a cave and did not turn on the TV, Radio, Phone, or talked to any person, you had to know what was coming. Its not like hurricanes are something new. I feel bad for them now, but I still think they are morons for not leaving when they were told to get out. Granted there were some that probably could not get out. i am talking about the ones that choose to stay. If you have been to NO you know there are signs everywhere that say "you are now below sea level".... Comon man.... please. My comments are not going to stop me from donating to the red cross either. Oh yea, how much have you donated so far? And you right I hope I never "make a decision" to live through something like this... Guess what I would have made the right decision.... I would have left when the govenor told me to get the hell out....

Great pull the sympathy card mudman... please bro. I feel sorry for these people I really do, but sometimes you did ur own grave. Its not like they did not know what was coming. Unless you lived in a cave and did not turn on the TV, Radio, Phone, or talked to any person, you had to know what was coming. Its not like hurricanes are something new. I feel bad for them now, but I still think they are morons for not leaving when they were told to get out. Granted there were some that probably could not get out. i am talking about the ones that choose to stay. If you have been to NO you know there are signs everywhere that say "you are now below sea level".... Comon man.... please. My comments are not going to stop me from donating to the red cross either. Oh yea, how much have you donated so far? And you right I hope I never "make a decision" to live through something like this... Guess what I would have made the right decision.... I would have left when the govenor told me to get the hell out....
    Your going to donate means you haven't.............. My wife and I did tuesday when the Red Cross asked for donations............. also don't ask me how much I donated........... even if it was a penny it's something.

I wasn't pulling a sympathy card........... but what you have been posting it makes you look like a heartless dick................. but I do agree the people that stayed behind so that they could loot or maybe profit are the morons but you do not know what some of these people's siyuations are.

Your going to donate means you haven't.............. My wife and I did tuesday when the Red Cross asked for donations............. also don't ask me how much I donated........... even if it was a penny it's something.

I wasn't pulling a sympathy card........... but what you have been posting it makes you look like a heartless dick................. but I do agree the people that stayed behind so that they could loot or maybe profit are the morons but you do not know what some of these people's siyuations are.
    Wanna know why I havent donated yet?????

Because my company has offered to match my donations, and I am waiting to donate when they open that up for me.... I am different. i am listening to what people tell me. As far as being a heartless dick.... well mudman... I would call names, like some people do. Sometimes the truth hurts.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    GREAT THREAD JOHAN!
    Yes, i would.
    I would loot EVERYTHING! except peoples homes n stuff. But only cuz the whole place is gonna be obliterated anyway, so it does no benefit to let goods that i need or want get washed up and disapear forever. Insurance is gonna have to pay for damages anyway so the small effect of looting wont be crap. And i would especially raid the pharmacies first and get a ton of gear. But hell ya, Walmart, sure, why not? Actually i wouldnt bother. they got nothin i want anyhow.
    by the way, i am not a crimiinal, and i STRONGLY support vigilantism. I love Batman and the Punisher and all that shit! I wish those guys were real, i really do. And the closest i have come to stealing was swithcing one snickers bar from one store(that i was in 5 minutes before) for one in another store, becuase it was "fresher" i guess, when i was like 9, and i felt BAD about it, okay?
    So i am by no means an asshole. But if the whole citi is gonna be desimated, i might as well take somthing i want before it gets destroyed or lost forever. Doest that make sense? Itd actually be dumb not to.
    Last edited by AnabolicBoy1981; 09-01-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Wanna know why I havent donated yet?????

Because my company has offered to match my donations, and I am waiting to donate when they open that up for me.... I am different. i am listening to what people tell me. As far as being a heartless dick.... well mudman... I would call names, like some people do. Sometimes the truth hurts.
    LOL............. You do that big guy........... Yeah the truth does hurt doesn't it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information