Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS......

I'M NOT PERFECT, NO, BUT I TRY TO EMULATE PERFECTION IN MY WRITING, YES. MY BOOK WILL BE OUT IN A YEAR OR SO.

~SC~
    Ditto on all three counts.

In response to the original poster...

I do not agree with your overgeneralisation.

Granted a lot of people lack rudimentary english skills...true.

That being as it is...'a lot of people' does (before you comment: 'does' as opposed to 'do'...as 'a lot of people' represents a singular group: sect) not in anyway represent the whole board.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i do not care to take the time to make my posts well written, im not here to impress anyone, nor do i care if everyone thinks im uneducated bc i dont waste extra time to perfect each sentance..

That's why you're my boy.

Anna Bollick is offline Juiced Shemale Rescue Hooker
    It would be MARVELOUS to come to this board and read nothing but well-written, correctly spelled and punctuated posts that clearly and unambiguously comminicate the author's thoughts to the reader! A bit of care and attention to spelling, grammar, and organization show respect for the board and for its members, I think.

One possible reason for all the errors in so many posts is the desire to increase one's post count. When one is in a hurry, he or she often pays less attention to careful writing and more attention to getting the reply out quickly and moving on to the next thread. Perhaps we should all just slow down a bit, and make certain that our posts are clear and effective messages that are easy to read and pleasurable to read, as well.

Education has little to do with good writing and communicating skills. A native English speaker in American or British schools probably has all the tools he or she needs to write effectively by the 6th grade. It is, I think, simply a matter of applying these basic skills, checking, and double-checking before hitting the "send" button. This is time-consuming, but not brain-taxing and not requiring of an advanced degree in English.

Love to all, Kisses to most,
    Anna "Schoolmarm" Bollick

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick

Education has little to do with good writing and communicating skills. A native English speaker in American or British schools probably has all the tools he or she needs to write effectively by the 6th grade. It is, I think, simply a matter of applying these basic skills, checking, and double-checking before hitting the "send" button. This is time-consuming, but not brain-taxing and not requiring of an advanced degree in English.
    That's very true. I stopped paying attention somewhere before high school and I know what I'm doing.

G-13 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Bollick
    It would be MARVELOUS to come to this board and read nothing but well-written, correctly spelled and punctuated posts that clearly and unambiguously communicate the author's thoughts to the reader! A bit of care and attention to spelling, grammar, and organization show respect for the board and for its members, I think.

One possible reason for all the errors in so many posts is the desire to increase ones post count. When one is in a hurry, he or she often pays less attention to careful writing and more attention to getting the reply out quickly and moving on to the next thread. Perhaps we should all just slow down a bit, and make certain that our posts are clear and effective messages that are easy to read and pleasurable to read, as well.

Love to all, Kisses to most,
    Anna "Schoolmarm" Bollick
    Your correct Anna, but this was originally posted in the anabolic forum where we regularly have posts in there that are, i don't even know the word for it. Anyway the bro's get in a hurry and don't review what the wrote and at times it looks BAD. I just ignore it, but as you can see, others choose not to. I have gone back and reviewed something i wrote and had to change it because of errors. My mistakes were made because..i don't type well, and I'm usually in a hurry..in any case i think everyone gets the point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information