Any Full-time bouncers?

I was wondering If any of you guys do this full time. I recently started working weekends and so far its awsome. I get paid to stand around,talk to girls, and eject the ocasional assh0le. I now have the oppertunity to do It 6 nights a week but in order to do so i will quit my day job as a carpenter(which I hate doing anyways). So for those of you who do this full-time how do you like it, does it get old or do you still have a good time doing it?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I cant say man. I did it part time last year, it wasnt bad but really messed up my sleep patterns, also made it hard to eat. I had to bring tupperware and eat just standing at the door which is not too fun. Staying up that late and shit was not worth it to me for the money. Plus it did get boring for me.

-Bino

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i did it 4 days a week ..... fri-mon ........ it was cool ........ like bino said ...... sleep patterns got all fvcked up ....... eating right was kinda hard ....... its great money if u can deal with the all the bullshit that surrounds the job

Ya but if quit my day job I will have a whole new sleep pattern, I can sleep in till noon, no more of this 6am bullsh*t.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    I would love the oppurtunity to bounce full time. Working during the day and bouncing on the weekends really messes you up. But, if you switch to full time, watch that you don't fall into the night life lifestyle and mess up your training life.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i bounce full-time, and yes, it grows old. well, it has for me anyway, have been bouncing 2 years, started when i was 19, then last summer i lived in majorca for 6 months as a bouncer at 2 bars on my own. i worked 7 nights a week, had 2 nights off in 6 months. i now work full-time back in england, and it sucks compared to the summer

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    as for eating and training, i wake up around 11am, spend all day eating, train in the afternoon, eat eat eat, might have another sleep and then off to work. i take protein shakes with oatmeal in them to work with me, eat right before i leave for work, and eat as soon as i get home at about 4am.

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    Im a college student, I bounce part time usually once or twice a week, usually on the weekends. Although I do the occasional club night, the majority of the places I work put on concerts. So I get to see a couple of bands each week which kind of keeps it from getting boring. Like everyone else said though, with my shifts being anywhere from 5-8 hours long at night, it messes up my usuall eating ever 2-2.5 hours. and the late nights get to be annoying if it doesnt become part of your routine.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i sense the respect bro... keep it real

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    It gets old pretty fast to be honest and i've worked in some of the biggest clubs in NYC. They became a real nightmare to work at times and I would constantly come home with some abrasions on the face. Money is pretty good but the amount of shit I had to deal with wasnt worth it. After a while you just start saying to yourself " I really hope this isnt a shitty night." But if you have a good crew to work with it makes things a bit easier. Sleeping days sucks and you always kinda gotta rush to get things done when you are awake. Bars here close at 4am so I would never get home till 5am or even later. You'll have your fun for a while but you'll see what its all about later on.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    It gets old pretty fast to be honest and i've worked in some of the biggest clubs in NYC. They became a real nightmare to work at times and I would constantly come home with some abrasions on the face. Money is pretty good but the amount of shit I had to deal with wasnt worth it. After a while you just start saying to yourself " I really hope this isnt a shitty night." But if you have a good crew to work with it makes things a bit easier. Sleeping days sucks and you always kinda gotta rush to get things done when you are awake. Bars here close at 4am so I would never get home till 5am or even later. You'll have your fun for a while but you'll see what its all about later on.

There ya go!.

ya_man is offline Member
    Im a student and bouncing is my part time job...3 nights a week...solid cash...plus tips....i enjoy it. As for sleeping, Ive got used to it over the last while, i just make sure i plan my next day around my sleeps

what are u gunna be making an hour?

lowstace is offline Banned
    AX_Tanned_Bouncer is the king he gets mad money,chicks with pikes....
    I would never bounce becuz there r people out there like me who love to beat up bouncers for a hobby....... respect remind me of my dad mario little good guy

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup, i'm a door-nazi i love it.

Have a sense of humour, make as many friends as possable, that way when you kick someone out who's violent, you'll have supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    Yup, i'm a door-nazi i love it.

Have a sense of humour, make as many friends as possable, that way when you kick someone out who's violent, you'll have supporters.
    yeah I have gone by this rule myself in the smaller bars I found myself at. If your a dick to everyone, everyone will get their shots in. If your cool with everyone and find yourself in trouble, they may just bail you out. But in the big clubs you hardly see the same person twice so its your crew and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by ya_man
    Im a student and bouncing is my part time job...3 nights a week...solid cash...plus tips....i enjoy it. As for sleeping, Ive got used to it over the last while, i just make sure i plan my next day around my sleeps

what are u gunna be making an hour?
    $15 an hour plus tip outs which is usually $20-$40 a night, Plus cash at the door, so I can make almost the same as I do busting my ass in construction but only have to work 4-5 hours a night so its pretty hard to pass up
    Last edited by MeanMachine2000; 02-15-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Bouncer=JV football players from D 3 schools....I eat em up when I am drunk

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i was doing it part-time at one of the local russian restaurant/club. after getting stabbed in between the ribs, dropped all that and now i am network admin, getting paid very well.
    the only thing made me continue for a short while after the incident was plenty of different poon each night.
    Last edited by Sage; 02-15-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Football_Bill
    I would love the oppurtunity to bounce full time. Working during the day and bouncing on the weekends really messes you up. But, if you switch to full time, watch that you don't fall into the night life lifestyle and mess up your training life.
    The main reason I'm considering doing this is to be able to train more and make the most of my workouts by not overtraining from all the physical labour at work. So training is top priority

Quote Originally Posted by lowstace
    lol... we had your type when i actually bounced... we would always forgive and forget, and then, all of a sudden, one night when you got a lil to drunk, we would beat you to within a half inch of your life... no one is unbeatable..

LOL what a bitch (i'm talking about YOU lowstace)

" JV football players from 3 schools " - wtf? that's like 20 people for every 1 doorman

You stated this 3 posts ago....thanks for your reminder....and how wrong you are. Run your shit here in NYC and watch what happens.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    So - How many of you bouncers have watched Bas Rutten Lethal Streetfighting DVD? (http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...69&cat=&page=3) See all the bar situations he runs through? Do you think it was good? He has a rep of being an incredible bouncer for a lot of years.

Quote Originally Posted by sp9
    So - How many of you bouncers have watched Bas Rutten Lethal Streetfighting DVD? (http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...69&cat=&page=3) See all the bar situations he runs through? Do you think it was good? He has a rep of being an incredible bouncer for a lot of years.
    LOL yah, i've watched it. Bas is the bouncer idol

Unfortunetly theres alot of very shady, aspects to it which would offend people on this board.

(such as the distrubtion of drugs, gangs, repercussions of stomping gang members, police, the police's opinion of you, keeping staff morale up, making sure people have fun, etc)

Never watched it....he use to be a hard partier and bouncer in holland for years. He basically went to MMA right from being a bouncer good martial art skills. He said in his first frank shamrock fight he didnt know jackshit about ground game or what a submission was. I believe he said he was 29 when he first started learning submissions.

Never watched it....he use to be a hard partier and bouncer in holland for years. He basically went to MMA right from being a bouncer good martial art skills. He said in his first frank shamrock fight he didnt know jackshit about ground game or what a submission was. I believe he said he was 29 when he first started learning submissions.

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Bas did a seminar at my gym several years ago and then went out partying at the bar several of us bounced at. The guy was hillarious, making people laugh all dam night long. I can't even imagine someone wanting to fight him unless they had an awful big chip on their shoulder. Very cool guy.

Bas beat up a bunch of bouncers in...bouncer= ugly guys cant get laid on the weekend so work at a club....when you work in the devils den =bar,nightclubs hell comes to pay a visit...Karma is a bitch....guys who get jobs to try to fight drunk college kids=losers....all the guys who failed out couldnt make the cut in my class became bouncers lol lol no offense GQBouncer Do u AX_Tann-Bouncer work at the same club lolol haha you guys seem a lot a like.....

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Bas beat up a bunch of bouncers in...bouncer= ugly guys cant get laid on the weekend so work at a club....when you work in the devils den =bar,nightclubs hell comes to pay a visit...Karma is a bitch....guys who get jobs to try to fight drunk college kids=losers....all the guys who failed out couldnt make the cut in my class became bouncers lol lol no offense GQBouncer Do u AX_Tann-Bouncer work at the same club lolol haha you guys seem a lot a like.....
    did you just come in drunk from the bar bro? I can hardly make out your sentence structure. I bounce part-time, and I am not ugly and I get laid just fine as it is.

I use bouncing as an outlet to get out and go to a bar without actually drinking and spending money. It doesn't mess with my training although it does screw up my sleeping patterns somewhat; I try to get weekend shifts only. I find if I work a weeknight it throws me off for the rest of the week.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    people failed out before you?

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    people failed out before you?
    I would reply to that, but i cant top this

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Doesnt the smoke bother anyone. I nvr go out cause i cant stand feling like shit the next day during training because of all the smoke i inhaled the previous night.

!!!!!!!UULAS is offline Banned
    Allot of you people on this site are small, you all need more bannana in your diet

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by !!!!!!!UULAS
    Allot of you people on this site are small, you all need more bannana in your diet
    roflmao!

haha lowstace will be voted mr popular by weeks end

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    HA HA HA!!!

Thread Information