Question Anybody here work as a Bouncer??

????

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, descent money, good way to meet girls to if ur workin the front door. can get dangerous and u need to be profesional and correct in everything u do...hot heads are not good bouncers...honestly barbackin or tending can be better cause the money is alot better...but barbackin u meet no girls and its a pretty tuff job...tending is were its at...

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    yeah, descent money, good way to meet girls to if ur workin the front door. can get dangerous and u need to be profesional and correct in everything u do...hot heads are not good bouncers...honestly barbackin or tending can be better cause the money is alot better...but barbackin u meet no girls and its a pretty tuff job...tending is were its at...
    how did you get the job, did you have a friend or relative that owned the place or worked there??

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    yep ive been bouncing for 2 years now. have worked at lots of different places. its a good job most of the time, but you have to deal with alot of shit. if that doesnt get to you then all is good

livewire57 is offline Associate Member
    i started bouncing about 4 yrs ago, and no joke it is hands down one of the best ways to meet people. once i got my foot in the door all these opportunities opened up and i have bounced at at least 10 different places since then, barbacked and bartended and met lots of people as a result. its really fun in college, too, because the drunk bastard you drag out by his neck is in your class the next day lol. ive been approached lots of times on campus "dude you kicked me out last night what the hell"

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    yeah bouncers are so cool till you get killed

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    yeah man respect for respect is a good motto

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freak_of_nature_86
    how did you get the job, did you have a friend or relative that owned the place or worked there??
    the first place i started as a barback...and some nights they needed an extra bouncer, so i worked there....this other place one of my friends new a manager there so i met him and worked for him...

thore is offline Junior Member
    been bouncing for about 5 years now. not to bad of a job. got to deal with a lot of shit, some nights. but other than that not that bad.

skinnyhb is offline Member
    another thread that was covered not more than like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I did it for a few months. I didnt like it too much, it interfered with my eating and sleeping schedule.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    yea man It sucks... honestly.. I have done it here and there.. its late, its tiring.. its hot... theres ugly girls who hit on you as well as good looking ones.. and sometimes you get punched!!

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup i am, great work

had to deal with 2 shootings and 5 stabbings so far, quite a bit of fighting and negotiating some nights - but for the most part it's pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    Yup i am, great work

had to deal with 2 shootings and 5 stabbings so far, quite a bit of fighting and negotiating some nights - but for the most part it's pretty good
    did u get stabbed or shot??

skinnyhb is offline Member
    if by your screen name i can infer that you were born in 86, you can only be 20 at the most. that will probably interfere with your ability to get hired here in the states unless you have some connection who wont mind you working the door. but generally, since you aren't allowed inside the bar, you can't really work there.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    if by your screen name i can infer that you were born in 86, you can only be 20 at the most. that will probably interfere with your ability to get hired here in the states unless you have some connection who wont mind you working the door. but generally, since you aren't allowed inside the bar, you can't really work there.
    my mate does the doors and hes 19. badge and everything

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    my mate does the doors and hes 19. badge and everything
    yeah thats in england, where the legal drinking age is 18. in america, its 21, so technically, even a bouncer under the age of 21 wouldnt be allowed in the bars. i got my sia license when i was 18

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    On the door's for 15+ years.

What do you want to know?.

Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    yeah thats in england, where the legal drinking age is 18. in america, its 21, so technically, even a bouncer under the age of 21 wouldnt be allowed in the bars. i got my sia license when i was 18
    oh right didnt think about that.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    did u get stabbed or shot??
    When i was 19 i got sliced across the quad with a sharpened butterknife from some crackhead (this is before I became sadistically paranoid about human beings naturally evil)

The Story-

I caught a guy snorting crack in the washroom, so i said he had to leave.. he didnt want to go at first, so i spent about 15 minutes of negotiating with him to leave.. eventually we both leave together (without me being forceful at all). While outside with him, i carried on talking to him to inform him he was banned for 2 weeks, as it's policy for people we kick out.

As were both outside, and he clearly see's how nice i'm being, he starts getting mad and making aggressive gestures.... which turns into aggressive fighting gestures.. I try talking him down, and then he pushes me (which of course i interpret as an attack).. so I wrestle with him, while pinned he continued fighting and being aggressive (and rude), so i choked him out (a standard jujitsu move).

shortly after he woke up, and was much calmer (as they always are after chokes). Another doorman phones the police (the non-emergency line, so they can pick up a drunk - we dont like releasing drunk violent people for the cabbies to deal with). Instead of keeping him pinned, i allow him to sit down leaning against the building wall for comfort (rewarding him for being nice).

A few minutes pass, with no direct speaking to him and all of a sudden he lunges out and smacks me on the leg, myself and the other doorman immediatly wrestle him into a pin. To my suprise he is holding a knife, which he releases following a simple wrist lock. I look down at my thigh and see a laceration through my jeans.

Though it had been a long cut, it wasn't deep at all, I still have a scar though. The rest is insignificant really, another doorman re-called the police as a 'stabbing' and the police reponse time was really quick. They arrested him, I told them I didnt want to press charges I just dont want to see him again, so they put a no-contact order in with my club and some staff.

----

The lesson i've learned from that experience is that human beings only understand violence - I am almost positive that he had the confidence to attack me because he saw my kindness as weakness. As exciting as being a doorman is, it's also a soul destroying job, you tend to lose alot of respect for human beings.
    Last edited by GQ-Bouncer; 04-14-2006 at 07:58 PM.

yes a couple times ive worked as a bouncer, not that great of money though.

bball_playa is offline Associate Member
    the door is where it was at for me. tons of chicks and the place wasnt to crazy so not to much regulating.

Quote Originally Posted by ~fuelforfire~
    yes a couple times ive worked as a bouncer, not that great of money though.
    you look to small to be a bouncer if that is you in your pic

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    i work as a bouncer part time...although a little different then the typical bar/club scene. although there is the occasional club/bar night, the majority of the work i do is for concerts, and events. everything from hilary duff to hardcore music like killswitch engage and atreyu. ive done some fashion shows, and private parties as well.

unlike other bouncing jobs, i work at a few different venues and see different music all the time. rarely do i get bored at work barring an off night where the crowd is old and quiet and the music sucks.

the pay isnt fantastic, but the job lets you meet a lot of new ppl (lotta women) and always leaves you with a story for a conversation starter

you look to small to be a bouncer if that is you in your pic

Seriously, its nothing to do with size.

And what CQ said about losing respect for human's, its true. As a result of my many years on the door my tolerance for human's is zero. I love a beer (I'm irish ) but I rarely drink to get drunk anymore, I hate what it does to people.

i love yelling at people who deserve to be yelled at. feel like a drill sergeant or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    i love yelling at people who deserve to be yelled at. feel like a drill sergeant or something.

Quick way to get a smack in the mouth!.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Quick way to get a smack in the mouth!.

nah, i work at a college bar. i'm like one of the biggest guys there.

Quote Originally Posted by AnatomicallyBlessed
    nah, i work at a college bar. i'm like one of the biggest guys there.

Oh, little guys love bringing big guys down to size!.

But only time and experience will teach you I'm afraid!.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

This is so true, it seems the bigger you are the more they want to fight you, people go out to fight sometimes. They know they can beat up the little guy, they wanna go for the prize.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I'm a bouncer and a barback. Good job its fun, its a laid back club so i really dont gotta deal with anything to worry about

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    just got hired pt bouncing...we'll see how it goes. I don't care about loosing respect for humanity (already pretty cynical), but not to excited about it f-ing up my eating/sleeping schedule

musclefreaks is offline New Member
    was a door man for meny a year only good thing it did for me was made me give up drinkin,that was 9 years ago,never touched a drop since

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Bouncing is not worth the money. I just turned 19 today, and I bounced for about a year at 3 different clubs and 1 bar. It's cool that you get paid $10-15/hour cash, but you can get paid a lot more as a personal trainer - especially as a private personal trainer. Think $30 per half hour CASH. 8 Hours a day with 2 clients an hour... that's $480 a day. Bouncing you might make $100 a night and you have lots of risk IN ADDITION to being around smoke all night. At one of the clubs I worked at 7 people were shot in 4 months. 2 of them died and one of them is in a coma. luckily these were just customers but last year one of the bouncers was shot in the face and killed (that was before I got there).

Superhuman is offline Banned

you're exactly right. I got sucker punched by this kid half my size - he hit me right in the eyeball and I couldn't see for like 5 minutes. I just started swinging and yelling and he ran away, but still he probably could've beat my ass if he really wanted to cause I couldn't see sh*t!

this reminds me of

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sust999
    Hi, i started taking sustanon250 about 6 week ago. Ive never used it before. The other night i caught some guys breaking into my car, I thought now was my chance so i flexed up and went outside expecting the sustanon to take over. I ended up getting my arse kicked. What is going on? I thought steroids make you able to fight??

steroids don't make you a better fighter and neither does being big. If you already know how to fight, though, it helps for sure

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    size dont mean s h i t everybody i ever got into it with was always bigger than me and boy from the way they act when it is done i think it sucks getting ur ass beat by a little guy muhuhahahahaha i luv it when bigger guys try me on gear or no gear u better come at me like u want to kill me or not at all muhuhahahahahah.but all in all it takes a special person to be a good bouncer anybody can kick some1,s ass its the guy who can stop the fight before it starts is the 1 that gets my respect.

Thread Information