Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223

    Anyone seen these?

    I was searching gym eqpt sites and I saw this, kinda like a smith but better and with pretty much full range of motion:

    http://gymratz.co.uk/weight-training...nt/item502.htm

    Make sure you take a look at the Lee Priest vid clips.

    Has anyone used one? - I've never seen one in a gym.

    Are these really old news and I'm the last one to hear of them?

  2. #2
    ToTheBuckeT21's Avatar
    ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    We have these gyms where i live called future fitness... kinda reminds me of globo gym from dodge ball... its mostly a bunch of bs and over priced hype.. like who needs to surf the net while you ride a bike but anyways, they have like every machine u could imagine and yea they have that.. its actually pretty cool i'd prob use it for benching since it would be like having the perfect spotter

  3. #3
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    We have these gyms where i live called future fitness... kinda reminds me of globo gym from dodge ball... its mostly a bunch of bs and over priced hype.. like who needs to surf the net while you ride a bike but anyways, they have like every machine u could imagine and yea they have that.. its actually pretty cool i'd prob use it for benching since it would be like having the perfect spotter
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, it would be great for benching on your own - way better range of motion than a smith.

    Don't really get the bike comment though dude

  4. #4
    ToTheBuckeT21's Avatar
    ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,152
    O that gym...future fitness they have the net on the bikes and tredmills there its pretty stupid

  5. #5
    J.S.N.'s Avatar
    J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    all up in yo' buttho'
    Posts
    3,081
    i wouldn't buy one of those, but one great thing to do is get a power vage, and then you can buy either these chains or like this super heavy duty strap that gets secured to the bar on top of the cage and then tied to the bar at you preferred height, and then it's like a more adjustable than the pins, and less in the way.

  6. #6
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Does it lock you in a fixed range of motion like a Smith Machine? Never seen one of these things before...

  7. #7
    J.S.N.'s Avatar
    J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    all up in yo' buttho'
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Does it lock you in a fixed range of motion like a Smith Machine? Never seen one of these things before...
    nope, it's almost like you've got it on a retracting cable.

  8. #8
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    nope, it's almost like you've got it on a retracting cable.
    So then it assists and isn't "free weight"

  9. #9
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    So then it assists and isn't "free weight"
    No, it is free until you let go of the bar, then the cables lock.

    Did you watch the Lee Priest vid clips on there?

  10. #10
    bs54 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    29
    Doesn't look to me like it assists. I think it just follows the motion of the bar until the bar is released, and then it locks - at whatever height the bar was at when the hands were opened.

    Looks like a great piece of equipment, but I've never seen or heard of it before either.

  11. #11
    brewerpi's Avatar
    brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    370
    we have one at the physical therapy center where I'm currently rehabing my knee, they're pretty cool,range of motion and you can workout on your own...

  12. #12
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Hmmm... these Kinesiology Engineers do pump out great things from time-to-time... the last greatest thing IMO, was the Hammer Strength line of equipment.

    I can't watch the clips of Lee right now - but I will download them tonight...

  13. #13
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Looks really cool...... I just wouldn't want to be under the bar when the sensor stops working

  14. #14
    J.S.N.'s Avatar
    J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    all up in yo' buttho'
    Posts
    3,081
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Looks really cool...... I just wouldn't want to be under the bar when the sensor stops working
    lol. one thing that seems kind of dangerous is the fact that you have to condition yourself to quickly ungrip the bar if you're in trouble, which is easier said than done esp. when you're squatting.

    i'm more of a keep it simple, stupid kind of guy- i'd rather just use safety pins or chain the bar to the top of the cage.

  15. #15
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    lol. one thing that seems kind of dangerous is the fact that you have to condition yourself to quickly ungrip the bar if you're in trouble, which is easier said than done esp. when you're squatting.
    Yeah - that'd be a difficult thing to try and accept

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •