One of the best days I've had in awhile!!!

Today was killer. For starters I landed this job I've been trying to get for over 6 months now as a firefighter. I finally feel like my life is going someplace, then after I got the phone call I drove out to my old job where I worked as a fabricator in a marble shop and talked to my old boss a little bit. I just brought up the idea of doing sub contract work w/ different builders and shops installing the kitchen counters p/t and he told me that they were busy enough they'd use me if I were to do it. I'll get like 4-500 bucks on average for each kitchen I install, I can do 2 in a day w/ a helper. So w/ the firefighting schedule which is 24 on/48 off I'll be able to install as well and make some good bank. So I'm saving right now for a truck and some tools so can get this thing rolling by next spring. So being so stoked about the job and everything I just had a great workout. Downloaded some Guns n' roses on the mp3 and went to it. I deadlifted 550/4 tonight, a new personal best for me. What a great day, I really needed this. I'm probably going to have to take a piss test, but the only thing I've done for quite some time has been juice and GH. I dont think they'll test me for that stuff though, at least I hope not or I'm screwed. More worried about a polygraph, but I dont know if they do that or not, maybe more for cops. Wish me luck fellas

TheSickOne is offline Junior Member
    Sounds awesome mate.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah that ****in sweet, havin a good direction and goal is great..im glad that things are startin to look up for u....

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    You should be more worried about the Lut interview and cheifs interviews if you make it that far.. you are very moody and being a pro fire fighter myself i will tell you that we weed moody people out as probees if they make it that far.

Not a knock on you bro as i happen to like you. Just telling you get your emotions and mouth in check.

BUT.. past that.. great day yes... your gonna be makeing bread with that kitchen gig

Is your Lutius or whatever going to be helping out? lol

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Good stuff, SIS. My buddy does work on t-tops for boats on his days off from the dept.

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    Is your Lutius or whatever going to be helping out? lol
    Tranzit, do you mean "Is Rassis going to finally give it to Stacked in the assis?"

JK, Stacked.

Stacked---><----me

YES! raisis! haha stacked you need to say screw it with the FD, cabinets and all that shit and start writing comedy books dude.. you crack me the hell up.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Today was killer. For starters I landed this job I've been trying to get for over 6 months now as a firefighter. I finally feel like my life is going someplace, then after I got the phone call I drove out to my old job where I worked as a fabricator in a marble shop and talked to my old boss a little bit. I just brought up the idea of doing sub contract work w/ different builders and shops installing the kitchen counters p/t and he told me that they were busy enough they'd use me if I were to do it. I'll get like 4-500 bucks on average for each kitchen I install, I can do 2 in a day w/ a helper. So w/ the firefighting schedule which is 24 on/48 off I'll be able to install as well and make some good bank. So I'm saving right now for a truck and some tools so can get this thing rolling by next spring. So being so stoked about the job and everything I just had a great workout. Downloaded some Guns n' roses on the mp3 and went to it. I deadlifted 550/4 tonight, a new personal best for me. What a great day, I really needed this. I'm probably going to have to take a piss test, but the only thing I've done for quite some time has been juice and GH. I dont think they'll test me for that stuff though, at least I hope not or I'm screwed. More worried about a polygraph, but I dont know if they do that or not, maybe more for cops. Wish me luck fellas
    you better believe they do test for steroids man...sry

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    awesome deal bro .... hope everything works out for u

Nope, they didnt test me for roids. Went down today and did all my paperwork and did the drug test which came back negative for everything they tested me for. They actually have these new cups you piss into that have little graphs on the side of them and built in thermometers that tell the temp of your piss as well as if you tested positive for either weed, coke, amphetamines, halucinogens, etc. You get the results right then and there. The last step is to get checked out by this health and wellness place which does blood tests for diseases such as hepatitis, turburculosis, etc. They also do a physical and I think they hook you up to something and you walk on a treadmill for so many minutes. They took my blood pressure today, even w/ the gear I've been doing and no cardio for the past 2 months it's still 120 over 80, so I'm in the clear on that.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Good to hear Mr. Stacked.

I was getting a lil worried about ya there for a sec after your encounter with RAZZIZZZZZZZZZZ.

chest6 is offline Banned
    good to hear you're doing better. You still gonna have time to lift/eat?

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    good to hear you're doing better. You still gonna have time to lift/eat?

I'll always make time for that, but it's going to be tough for awhile until I get used to things. We start at 6am doing physical stuff like jogging and pushups, etc etc. Not sure if we lift or not, I hope so. But it's going to be a bitch, I'm going to have to eat breakfast mad early, like 5:00. For somebody who eats 7-8 meals/day, this one is going to be tough, but I'll manage.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Good job man!

~SC~

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    you better believe they do test for steroids man...sry

Here in NYC they dont test, when I was going for NYPD I got a hair drug test and a urine test and both times I tested clean AND I was ON at the time.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Here in NYC they dont test, when I was going for NYPD I got a hair drug test and a urine test and both times I tested clean AND I was ON at the time.

are u nypd bro ??? .... shoot me a PM

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Good deal. GH can't be detected in urine so dont worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Good job man!

~SC~

Thats your best avatar right there bro

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    congrats bro, whats the pay like for the FD? this is one of my options if i get out of the corps

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    Congrats and good luck on everything sounds like everything is gone as planned

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    congrats SS i been trying for firefighting for a long time now its pretty hard here in TX to get on

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Nope, they didnt test me for roids. Went down today and did all my paperwork and did the drug test which came back negative for everything they tested me for. They actually have these new cups you piss into that have little graphs on the side of them and built in thermometers that tell the temp of your piss as well as if you tested positive for either weed, coke, amphetamines, halucinogens, etc. You get the results right then and there. The last step is to get checked out by this health and wellness place which does blood tests for diseases such as hepatitis, turburculosis, etc. They also do a physical and I think they hook you up to something and you walk on a treadmill for so many minutes. They took my blood pressure today, even w/ the gear I've been doing and no cardio for the past 2 months it's still 120 over 80, so I'm in the clear on that.

They were most likely looking for THC content and to test steroids is a diffewrent test if i am correct? Anyways, i am glad to hear your life is on track..i am trying to do the same..i am getting ready to accept a position for Lockheed Martin doing help desk work which will be great for my resume.

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Screw the damn firefighting!
    Personal Best on Deads?! That's Awesome stacked, way to go Bro!

I guess you could celebrate a little on the firefighter thing.

Cheers!

brewerpi is offline Associate Member

I love it when a plan comes together...

sounds good man, congrats and as someone who recently had a structure fire-thanks for signing up to a very important job!

Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    congrats bro, whats the pay like for the FD? this is one of my options if i get out of the corps

Alot of it has to do w/ where your located, but here the pay starts only around 24,000 your first 12 wks in the academy. Then when you get out they bump you to almost 26,000, then after 6 months on the job total it goes to near 28,000, and after 1 year I believe your around 30k. From then on the raises are annually I believe but they'll give you up to 4.5% raise based on your job performance and work ethic. So you move up pretty quick. However I'm not doing it for the money, it's more for the benefits and retirement. I'll probably make more outside of it p/t. Thats the beauty of it, they have alot of down time working 24 on/48 off. Most of the guys have their own gig outside of that, alot of them even own businesses.

Thread Information