new exercise!!! Egomaniac 1/8 deadlift/shrugs!!!

I got in sort of a confrontation with this guy at the gym tonight. He loads up a bar in the squat cage with about 900 lbs(seriously) puts on his wrist wraps, lnges down and explodes upward snatching his elbow joints every rep and managing to get the bar about an inch off the rack, then slams it back down. I think he is destined to bend the **** out of every bar in the gym. Pisses me off because when I go to squat the bar is off balance and tends to want to roll back. I finally said something to him tonight. Wasnt trying to be a dick, just told him that what he's doing is ruining good bars in the gym. Oh, by the way, he's probably 6'0 and 160 lbs tops!!! He has the nerve to say back tome" Well I'm not going to stop doing the exercise ya know" so I told him I wasnt asking him to stop doing the exercise , just to have some god damn consideration for others. The he was like "Well if I was squatting that you wouldnt have a problem with it right?" I started laughing and told him that if he squatted a quarter of that weight in good form his legs would be twice the size they are right now. The guy was just a ****ing prick, I hate guys in the gym like this. Then they wonder why they dont grow, hahaha.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    lol, good story, there is a guy in my gym kinda like that we have an iso pull down machine and he will put about 200-250lbs per arm on that thing and move it no more then a few inches, its quite entertaining to watch hime, he has no size or strength by the way he uses all momentum, my friends an I refer to him as captain back since that is about the only thing he does in there.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    One day he's gonna pull his trap off his neck or mess up his back, then he'll realize how stupid he is.

~SC~

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    Yeah right fag. You would never say that **** to my face. Next time you come in the gym make sure you bring me a one of those protein shakes in a can, a tasty one.

PS: I fvcked your mother

Quote Originally Posted by Insane_Man
    Yeah right fag. You would never say that **** to my face. Next time you come in the gym make sure you bring me a one of those protein shakes in a can, a tasty one.

Who are you directing this to and what does it have to do w/this thread?

~SC~

I got some protien for ya', you can crouch down like you do at the start of your worthless exercise, hahaha.

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Who are you directing this to and what does it have to do w/this thread?

~SC~

it was directed at the thread starter, the guy who asked me for a spot while he was doing negatives with the bar.

Ahhhhhh, I see.

~SC~

Nah Swole, he was trying to pull 900 lbs an inch off the bar with nothing but momentum and wrist wraps. When he was done it looked like he tried to slit his wrists or was in handcuffs for a year straight.

Yeah, I can paint the image in my head of how stupid he looked.

~SC~

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    im impressed a guy 160 could even shift 900lbs a quarter inch!! thats nearly 6 times his bodyweight!

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    im impressed a guy 160 could even shift 900lbs a quarter inch!! thats nearly 6 times his bodyweight!

Thats what I was thinkin..

Just laugh it off bro... He will hurt himself one of these days..

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Huh

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    is he the real guy who was doing that ?
    if so, !!!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    next time he is doing those tell him to widen his grip...

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I'm impressed he could get 900 lbs on the bar, they must have 100 lb plates at their gym. The most I can load is 765

Tiftan090 is offline Junior Member
    I've seen a guy do the exact same thing and it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. This moron loads the bar up with plates, and starts shrugging it, using his full body momentum to make it spring a quarter inch off the rack when the bar unflexes, then keeps adding more and more weight even though he couldn't even lift it in the first place. Everyone was looking at him like he was an idiot, and he couldn't have been more pleased with all the attention he was getting. Thankfully, the athlete gym reopened and we didn't see him anymore.

Thread Information