Hard time for bodybuilding w/ financial demands of our economy

This is a very tough time to be in this sport right now. Aside from rising gas prices last year, and still high this year, I've noticed everything going up. I mean everything and anything. Groceries are getting more $, meat is becoming more $, eating out is just ridiculous(even at places like Hardees or Arby's its nothing to drop $10 on just 1 meal) I buy groceries and I'll drop like $150 and the fridge doesnt even look half full, and it seems gone in 3 days. Now we factor in supplements, gear if your on at the time, gym membership, tanning, massage(You dont need this, but seems more and more crucial as you get bigger) etc, and the lifestyle is just becoming harder and harder to live with everything on the rise. And I dont make bad money at all, and its still hard as hell. I think its time to just worry more about staying defined and maintaining what I can, and forgetting the 240-250 shredded for now. I'd much rather be 210-220 lean and have money in the bank, **** it.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, its almost insane to try and have any type of active lifestyle now.. gym dues are going up, food, gas, and 2 trips to the gym ED, work, and so on.. but i think thats part of the hustle.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i hear Stacked but you gotta make sacrafices to get what you want you can do with out the tanning and massages, but you just gotta stay on track

Logan13 is offline Banned

income

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    This is a very tough time to be in this sport right now. Aside from rising gas prices last year, and still high this year, I've noticed everything going up. I mean everything and anything. Groceries are getting more $, meat is becoming more $, eating out is just ridiculous(even at places like Hardees or Arby's its nothing to drop $10 on just 1 meal) I buy groceries and I'll drop like $150 and the fridge doesnt even look half full, and it seems gone in 3 days. Now we factor in supplements, gear if your on at the time, gym membership, tanning, massage(You dont need this, but seems more and more crucial as you get bigger) etc, and the lifestyle is just becoming harder and harder to live with everything on the rise. And I dont make bad money at all, and its still hard as hell. I think its time to just worry more about staying defined and maintaining what I can, and forgetting the 240-250 shredded for now. I'd much rather be 210-220 lean and have money in the bank, **** it.
    Yes, but your income should be going up as well. It should be a great year.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    or you can look at it...
    buying all the food you would on a normal sedentary lifestyle
    all the money you would spend at the bars/going out every weekend
    no one said looking/feeling good was cheap and easy, if it was, everyone would do it brother.

alphaman is offline Member
    The economy is actually looking pretty darn strong right now. It's a shame that everyone uses gas prices as their economic indicator. We've been fortunate in the US to have very inexpensive gas for a long time. But really, prices went up like .46 a gallon? So what, that's like an extra 9 bucks a week? I don't think that'd put a strain on anyone who can afford a car. Oh, and the dollar is inflating at a healthy rate of about 3%, so...........................

The glass is half FULL!!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ya..im bulking and it costs a fortune..my parents are bitching at me nonstop

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Somehow I'm going to always make it happen.

~SC~

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Actually the economy is much better than two years ago. I agree with you everything is getting more expensive but that happens everywhere in the world! Man, there are many places in the world where people cannot find something to eat, forget about BBing. We are still very lucky.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I feel ya stacked, this lifestyle can get financially overwhelming at times, but in the end you jsut gotta weigh the worth of certain things and ask yourself if they are worth sacrificing for the price of being XXXlb at XXXBF% ya know? Also, I saw your GH thread, and you probably are thinking this way b/c the GH has set you back some. Just think, leave out the GH (you can do without it) and you save a bundle right there. Just start homebrewing your own gear, take the cheap supplements and do what you NEED to reach your goal, not anything above that. Buy your groceries at a whole sale place (ie: costco, sams etc..) Find a bucher in your town and buy meat in bulk for cheap, or shit even take up hunting and shoot your own . Doing these things can cut down a lot right there.

Quote Originally Posted by spound
    I feel ya stacked, this lifestyle can get financially overwhelming at times, but in the end you jsut gotta weigh the worth of certain things and ask yourself if they are worth sacrificing for the price of being XXXlb at XXXBF% ya know? Also, I saw your GH thread, and you probably are thinking this way b/c the GH has set you back some. Just think, leave out the GH (you can do without it) and you save a bundle right there. Just start homebrewing your own gear, take the cheap supplements and do what you NEED to reach your goal, not anything above that. Buy your groceries at a whole sale place (ie: costco, sams etc..) Find a bucher in your town and buy meat in bulk for cheap, or shit even take up hunting and shoot your own . Doing these things can cut down a lot right there.

Yeah, the GH has def been cutting into expenses pretty good. You figure on average $400/month, **** man, thats a nice car payment.

chest6 is offline Banned
    GH is some expensive stuff..didnt kno that ss..theres ur problem

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Yeah, the GH has def been cutting into expenses pretty good. You figure on average $400/month, **** man, thats a nice car payment.
    OOOOUUUCCCHHH!! Yea, that a lot brotha! You could take that and eat a nice steak dinner almost every day! LOL Like you stated in your other thread, it is not an essential ingredient in "getting huge"

brewerpi is offline Associate Member

the good old days of 11 cent gas...

It's a choice, people who are in to cars or computers or anything else prioritize. Adjusted for inflation gas is as cheap as it has ever been. Sure gas used to cost 11 cents a gallon, but a car cost 1500. you could rent an apartment for 100. and fill your fridge for 40. But back then there was no internet or a wide variety of supplements, so you'd probably spend the extra 200. bucks a month on 8 track tapes, bell bottom levis and shag carpet for your van...

Thread Information