Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dogs

nadakuss is offline New Member

dogs

hi guys and girls the problem is me and the family want a dog i want something a bit manly. i like american bulldogs staff bull terriers ect.. but the wife thinks otherwise we both like british bulldogs but they come with a high price tag around £2000 (im in the uk) and high vet bills so im told. are they that exspensive in the USA??? any sugestions would be great.
    thanks

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    cane coroso

.....or a bull dog / sitzu mix (they are called a bull shti)

rogue01 is offline Associate Member
    Yes, bulldogs are expensive here as well. All breeds seems to have a set of medical problems that come with them...so that is hard to escape. I would suggest reading up on the breeds and find one that fits your lifestyle...not just one that looks cool. (ie: If you live in a city apartment, a husky is not the dog for you. If you like to mountain climb, a yorkie is not for you.)

Exiled is offline Junior Member
    + 1 on the cane corso, massive dogs, my brothers male is 175LBS, 30" tall.

But if you do go bulldog rout, get the olde english bulldogge, they are the original english bull dog, they are taller, stronger, and faster, they can give birth natty, and have way less health probs as the english bulldog. With that said.

I have a english bull dog, his mom and dad had a good pen hip ratting, but his hips are bad, so it is a gable, he is fine for now, but I have to give him some sort of steroids durring winter, he is a inside dog, but when I let him out his hips freeze up on him, he is only 6, it sucks too, in the winter if you leave them outside too long their hips can get tight, if you leave them outside in the summer heat too long, they can have a heat stroke. with all this said, I would get the olde english bulldogge, they are way tougher.

I just added a pitbull to my family, incase my english bulldog has any more probs.

I payed 3,000$ US. + 500 shipping.

Exiled is offline Junior Member
    check this cane out. amazing animal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPp44D_N1_k

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    Cane Corso's are gorgeous, but I believe they can be a bit pricey as well. I have boxers, I think that it's a breed that you can't get away from once you have had one, they are loyal and protective and have a fantastic demeanor. Mine are 80 and 90lbs the lighter being a very muscular female, as they aren't typically that heavy.

Have you looked into a bulldog rescue? A lot of times you can get great dogs that have been rescued and they are fairly inexpensive to adopt. My family has gotten several boxers from a rescue that specializes in the breed and they have been great pets and protectors. Some people just don't have the time for them anymore or the money to take care of them.

Remember the bigger the dog, the more food they eat...and the more expensive they are, so if you are worried about cost, you need to take that into consideration.

Chopperbox is offline Associate Member
    I have a French bulldog l, he was $3600 at a local petsmart, I got him on sale for $2700, all because of my girl... I would find a local breeder and settle a price with hi
    , stores rip you off.

mrdude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nadakuss View Post
    hi guys and girls the problem is me and the family want a dog i want something a bit manly. i like american bulldogs staff bull terriers ect.. but the wife thinks otherwise we both like british bulldogs but they come with a high price tag around £2000 (im in the uk) and high vet bills so im told. are they that exspensive in the USA??? any sugestions would be great.
    thanks
    Hmm maybe a rottweiler or a Siberian/Alaskan husky if you want a dog to do cardio with.

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I have a mini dachshund and she can run about 3 miles before she gets tired and I dont feel any less manly when walking her around.

hi guys thanks for the input the cane coroso does look amazing but a bit too big i think. as for getting a dog thats right for where i live ect i think your absolutley right. i do have a avarage size house and a large back garden 100ft by 60ft. i live in a little vilage on the south coast wit loads of countryside and im about 15min drive from the beach. iwould have a pit bull tom but the wife thinks there dagerous (lack of education its the handeler not the breed) plus there elligal here. thaks again

Blog Entries
    how about a german shepard. thay are very smart,great with kids and very masculen.once i taught mine all the voice commands ive never had to put him on a leash.very obidient and eager to please.you do have to exercise them everyday or thay will get restless though.

jnewton86 is offline Member
    doberman, great dane?

ph34rsh4ck is offline Member

no other dogs compare. end.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    my .02

You need to realize that a pit or a staff is going to need alot of exercise. When they're young they get tired quick and have to rest alot between boughts of energy release. Then after about a year... Look out, cause that 60x100 may not be enough room for them. A pit or staff needs 45min a day of HARD exercise. It's the only thing that keeps them from chewing your house apart with the extra energy that they're trying to release.
    This is to be said for alot of dogs with similar builds as well.
    They are great dogs and I would consider no other, but they do require daily exercise.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a pekineese/ chihuahua mix and she is my baby.

I dont need a dog to make me feel manly

Although I wennt to mt wife work the other day and her co-worker said-

You big ass husband came up her and had that girly dog and it made him look like a little biotch. (i thought it was funny)

My next dog will be an Englsh bulldog they run about 2000 dollars)

Great dog very good with children and very protective of them which is a bonus.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I honestly feel I did a good job of finding the PERFECT dog for me, and I think most people think they have the perfect dog, but I'll tell you why I got mine.

1. I LOVE the look of a bulldog
    2. I wanted somthing more Athletic than a sausage bulldog
    3. Did not want the vet cost and short life span of a English Bulldog.
    4. Wanted a dog with a good temperament
    5. I'm a single guy, works a lot, so the dog has to be okay laying around but still love to play.

I picked up a Renacasse Bulldog which is VERY similar to a Ode English Bulldog. There are breeders for them in the uK, and I can help you track one down if you would like. They are amazing dogs, and the cutiest puppies you'll ever see.

My little guy is taller than a English (22") and bigger (84lbs) has the head piece of a bulldog but more athletic, he jumps in the truck no problem and is like a little walking tank with impressive agility.

I don't have images of "Krieger" (my boy) uploaded, but here are some of the breeders:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dogs-imag0022.jpg   dogs-imag0023.jpg   dogs-imag0011.jpg   dogs-imag0001.jpg  

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ This is a beutiful dog how is there temperment with other peoples kids I live in a neighborhood with small kids everywhere. Kids are running in and out of my house all day.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Blackmouth cur, amazing with kids and very protective. One of the most fearless dogs I have ever had. Amazing intelligence, great personalitys.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    ^^ This is a beutiful dog how is there temperment with other peoples kids I live in a neighborhood with small kids everywhere. Kids are running in and out of my house all day.
    They have great temperaments,I live in an area with lots of kids and people running around. even my mail lady loves my dog.

My guy is 2 years old and a intact male. I've never had a problem. The worse he's done is accidentally pushed my niece over walking by her, he went to check on her and licked her face. He listens well too, and he is still intact.

I took him to a trainers last summer, he would go 5 days a week and I would recommend that unless you have some training experince. They learn so fast from professionals and it's pretty cost effective.

wanabeMASSIVE! is offline Senior Member
    American bulldog's are banned in britian i think you may need to obtain a special licence! Dont ask me why... a friend mentioned it when he baught his!

Of the breeds I own presently all are great among kids

Olde english bulldogge- Loyal to a fault and great around kids. Low maintence, was a little harder to train but is very good now. Was slightly destructive as a pup. No dog aggression. Excellent with kids.

Afgan hound-Very loyal also. High strung beyond belief. Showed some dog aggression but that is rare in the breed. Very friendly but not the best bet with kids becouse of the energy level. High maintence due to his fur. Also dumber then a box of rocks.

German shorthair pointer-High strung, very intelligent and a great hunting companion..amazing pointer. High intelligence and very much wants to please you. Low maintence.

Bullterrier-Smartest of the bunch, showed some dog aggression but no people aggression at all. Very good with kids and a great watchdog. Low maintence. I would go with this breed in your sitution

Or a black mouth cur, simply put amazing dog.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    My parents own a pitbull, boxer, and 2 yorkies. Boxers are fantastic familly pets..... the pitbull is sweet as pie lol (looks mean tho ) and the two yorkies..... well..... they bark.... A LOT

My next dog is going to be a great dane
    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Get a fvcking hampster there cheap...

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Get a doberman.
    Best dogs ever.

Chopperbox is offline Associate Member
    This is my dog by the way.....

sizerp is offline Banned
    DOGS SUCK!!!!!!!

They just cost money and shed and shit everywhere.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    My dog will eat you all.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    the is sooo funny

fyi the bull dog and shitzu mix was a joke if you mix the two to gather what would you call them?>??????

a bull shitz

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    love my boxers

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    boxers are great dogs...I always wanted a great dane or Rotty but Instead I have a mutt and golden retreiver :P

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingweb50 View Post
    I have a mini dachshund and she can run about 3 miles before she gets tired and I dont feel any less manly when walking her around.
    i have 1 too. He is a pimp and a chick magnet

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    yea thats right i have a 15lb wiener

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i have 1 too. He is a pimp and a chick magnet
    they are really cute doggs my sisters both have one eddy and larryetta.

thanks for the input guys. j dog that dog looks great i just googled it and the only thing that came back was this forum. thanks for the offer of tracking a breader but dont want to rush anything im also looking at the dorset old time bulldog? they look good. thanks again

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    My Pit Rule all humans.

Thunder Monkey is offline Junior Member
    I saw this thread and had to post, I just got back my local animal shelter. I just adopted a puppy today. Here's a pic:

He's 8 weeks old and was the biggest in the litter, the mom is a Pit Bull and the father is a Rottweiler. I am going to call him "HEMI". I get to take him home tomorrow

TM

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiled View Post
    check this cane out. amazing animal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPp44D_N1_k
    ^ Holy shit...

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Get a fvcking hampster there cheap...

For OP, i know you live in Britain. IDK if you said they are illegal or not, but APBT is by FAR the best breed of dog ive ever had.

They are loyal, fantastic guard dogs, at the same time, they are great with children. Nothing but positive things to say about the breed, its just unfortunate that some low life scumsuckers use this breed for dogfighting.

A little on the expensive side for a full breed XXL Bully which is what i have. And i highly recommend them.

Best of luck to you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information