jammergsxr is offline Member

What keeps you guys going?

Whats your motivation?Not everyone here is a Pro BB,and many don't compete.So I was wondering what pushes you guys.I've always been a small guy graduated at 5'6 135pds.I finally grew some and now at 189 5ft.11 but I still see that little guy when I look in the mirror.Weird huh!But I do like it because I'm doing what most are to lazy to do(eat right and exercise).Kinda in a weird mood tonight,anyways could be a cool thread.

orto is offline Junior Member
    When you eat right and execcise for years it becomes your rutine. IMO we all are a little bit narcissoide.

Madmax is offline Senior Member

Re: What keeps you guys going?

Originally posted by jammergsxr
    Whats your motivation?Not everyone here is a Pro BB,and many don't compete.So I was wondering what pushes you guys.I've always been a small guy graduated at 5'6 135pds.I finally grew some and now at 189 5ft.11 but I still see that little guy when I look in the mirror.Weird huh!But I do like it because I'm doing what most are to lazy to do(eat right and exercise).Kinda in a weird mood tonight,anyways could be a cool thread.

bro, at that weight you are probobally ahead of your class as far as development...so i wouldn't worry to much bro...here is what i do to keep me going..it's a little wierd...

theres this guy i really want to fuck up...problem is i haven't got him in a place where i wuldn't go to jail for doing it...so as i rep out wieght i picture me beating the living shit out of him, worse than he has ever had it beat in his life...my hate for him gets me through the harder sets....told you it is weird...Madmax..

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    at first for me lifting was a way to relieve stress, improve my body, and organize my life. what started as goals to 1.) lose some fat 2.) put on some mass and 3.) look good has now evolved into a more of an awareness for me. sure going to the gym is part of my routine, and juice is also present, but i feel so at ease and content after a great workout nowadays. almost equivalent to walking up the 18th hole and only needing par to break even (if you're pickin up what im puttin down). working out and the benefits it carries certainly help me regain focus at times when i really don't feel motivated, but there is more to it than that for me. maybe i read too many books about zen, but i feel like i understand myself better in the gym than any place else because of the great introspective nature that lifting carries.

Slypknot is offline Member
    Well, coming from being overweight - my motivation lies in EVERY picture taken of me over the past 5yrs considering how over-weight I was.

Another thing, of course, which helps is when friends who haven't seen ya in a while comment on how good ya look - or how ripped - or how in shape... it really helps to give me an extra bump for the day.

Then there's juice - ya really CAN'T stop while running a cycle...Must..go...to...gym... but it'll be interesting to see how I react once the cycle is over. Maybe lesson my intensity/weight/reps/etc and get back in to a toning phase.

So I just keep on keep'n on...

Re: Re: What keeps you guys going?

Originally posted by Madmax

bro, at that weight you are probobally ahead of your class as far as development...so i wouldn't worry to much bro...here is what i do to keep me going..it's a little wierd...

theres this guy i really want to fuck up...problem is i haven't got him in a place where i wuldn't go to jail for doing it...so as i rep out wieght i picture me beating the living shit out of him, worse than he has ever had it beat in his life...my hate for him gets me through the harder sets....told you it is weird...Madmax..
    Are you a fellow Italian?LOL

Re: What keeps you guys going?

Originally posted by jammergsxr
    Whats your motivation?
    1 - I enjoy it

2 - It makes me feel good

Thats all!

Red

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    visual progression

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    hate to admit it, but for all my purported logical thought, intelligence and rational thinking that i'd like to think i possess, most every rep is for a girl....she was there for my 135 bench, 185, 225, 275, 315 and have every reason to believe she'll be there for 365. Pathetic, I know, but with the anonymity of the net comes either pure honesty or pure bullshit, I've chosen the former here at AR, so laugh away.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1. goals
    2 dreams of one day holding a trophy for my physical accomplishments
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Decoder is offline Banned
    Constantly getting laid, and eyed down by girls keeps me going!

Originally posted by Decoder
    Constantly getting laid, and eyed down by girls keeps me going!
    Yeah,I'd have to agree it is a good thing!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

good timing

the girl i'm on my cell w/ right now

Thread Information