Thread: Lucid Dreaming

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

Lucid Dreaming

Has anyone had an experience with this and if so what have you been able to accomplish during the process?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I get that quite often, almost every other night anyway. Usually it is "flying"...not so much in the superman sense, but, rather, each time I become aware that I am dreaming, I am able to sort of hover, or get SERIOUS hang time if I jump just right. It's tough to explain.

The other, less common (but still, maybe once a week) are both romantic and vanilla sky-esque (perhaps that's why i loved the movie so much) in that I dream that I am with the girl of my dreams that I've been more or less deeply in love with for eight or nine years, and things are just going "right". I know it's a dream while it's happening, and I know it sucks that it's going to end, but since I know it's a dream I confess everything...sort of my own nocturnal catharsis.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    The other, less common (but still, maybe once a week) are both romantic and vanilla sky-esque (perhaps that's why i loved the movie so much) in that I dream that I am with the girl of my dreams that I've been more or less deeply in love with for eight or nine years, and things are just going "right". I know it's a dream while it's happening, and I know it sucks that it's going to end, but since I know it's a dream I confess everything...sort of my own nocturnal catharsis.
    try confessing your love in person...i ruined a great friendship because i was selfish for doing it, but i thought had to be done. in reality, it didn't have to be done since deep down i knew it wouldn't work out

if i could go back, i would have preferred the dream to doing it in person.

Valmont is offline Banned
    I do occasionally and hopefully they come more often. I am keeping a dream journal in hopes of gainful full awareness. So that I can astral travel.

Stay tuned.....

Slypknot is offline Member
    I did quite a bit of research on these types of dreams years ago.... there was a very simple act I could do throughout the day to almost ensure a lucid dream experience. The method was 'reality testing' - throughout the day just ask yourself 'am I dreaming?'. As this habit builds it will carry over into your dream life - thus you'll find yourself in a dream asking if you're dreaming....and more times than not it'll be easy to spot. This combined with a high B-12 intake supposedly creates the best environment for these things.

I got sick of em after a while as previously posted - just sucks really bad when they end because you're kinda like God while dreaming. Found myself looking forward to sleeping too much and wanting to escape reality through the dreams. Not healthy so had to go.

Originally posted by daem
    try confessing your love in person...i ruined a great friendship because i was selfish for doing it, but i thought had to be done. in reality, it didn't have to be done since deep down i knew it wouldn't work out

if i could go back, i would have preferred the dream to doing it in person.
    Yeah, that prospect scares me to death, to the point where just thinking about it has me all out of sorts. I know one day I'll absolutely have to...I sincerely know that I could never get married and start a family (something I really want to do one day) without having "exorcised that demon". It's not exactly like we're friends though...she's one of my best friend's sisters, and we have a slight history, mostly of one drunken night her saying how she's in love with me and then some other drunken night seven or eight months down the road me saying the same to her. But nothing ever comes of it. In the past, we saw each other a few times a year....suddenly, though, the past few months we've been talking on the phone a couple of times a week, she sends little e-cards once a week or so saying that she misses me and can't wait to get together....so I still have some hope...I hope.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Originally posted by BigGreen
    I get that quite often, almost every other night anyway. Usually it is "flying"...not so much in the superman sense, but, rather, each time I become aware that I am dreaming, I am able to sort of hover, or get SERIOUS hang time if I jump just right.
    Psychologically (Freudian Terms), this "hang time," is due to repressed sexual feelings/frustration....any truth to that?

Originally posted by HeartDocMD
    Psychologically (Freudian Terms), this "hang time," is due to repressed sexual feelings/frustration....any truth to that?
    For real? What is the rationale that allows for such a translation? I'll have to think about this one a bit.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Slypknot
    I did quite a bit of research on these types of dreams years ago.... there was a very simple act I could do throughout the day to almost ensure a lucid dream experience. The method was 'reality testing' - throughout the day just ask yourself 'am I dreaming?'. As this habit builds it will carry over into your dream life - thus you'll find yourself in a dream asking if you're dreaming....and more times than not it'll be easy to spot. This combined with a high B-12 intake supposedly creates the best environment for these things.

I got sick of em after a while as previously posted - just sucks really bad when they end because you're kinda like God while dreaming. Found myself looking forward to sleeping too much and wanting to escape reality through the dreams. Not healthy so had to go.
    Is that Kari Wurher in your avatar. Now that is a lucid dream...

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    There are two theories on dreaming which I can somewhat believe. Jung and Freud. It turns out most peoples "lucid dreams" are most commonly flying...why? I guess its because flight is not only something everyone wishes they could do, but also because its so "surreal" that it becomes a lucid dream. Jung theorizes that we love to fly in dreams because we share our evolution with birds and the memory traces are still there. Maybe? And as I said earlier Freud correlated dream flying with sex. There is actually evidence for this in that some dreamers find that flying before dream sex inceases the intensity of the sexual feelings...a sort of flying-foreplay.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    never knew what lucid dreaming was until i took peyote. Ever since then -like green said- evey now and then in bed when im half awake and half asleep i can make pretty much anything happen. It is the shit.

peace

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Slypknot

Holy shit, that sounds fucken amazing! If that works, I def. wanna give it a try! I have dreams in which I know i'm dreaming, but less frequent then before. I'd see some hot chick, know I'm dreaming, and start banging her Lately however, some dreams have been hard to tell from reality. This is mostly due to having very basic, normal dreams, with everyday events occuring, and then, once I begin my day, I can barely remember if it really happened, or if I just dreamed it. For example, paying a credit card bill, asking my parents a question, etc... Very basic things, but I just can't seem to tell.

Dreaming is great, it's one of the most fascinating things to me! The whole concept of why we do it, and how much our brain is capable of to actually CREATE these visual images when we aren't even awake, and all that complex shit So freaken interesting aint it?!?

BY THE WAY, anyone know of any really good books about this stuff? Or websites? I would like to check some out, thnx.

Thread Information