Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Super Bowl 50

t.m.s.flyers88 is offline Junior Member

Super Bowl 50

Carolina -4.5
    Total 45.5
    Any thoughts?
    Just for fun, because I read somewhere that gambling is wrong..

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by t.m.s.flyers88
    Carolina -4.5 Total 45.5 Any thoughts? Just for fun, because I read somewhere that gambling is wrong..
    Nothing wrong with gambling

What are you wanting to bet?

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    I like the over and broncos to cover

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I want Denver to win but I think Carolina is just to complete of a football team. I see Carolina winning pretty easy
    bloodchoke likes this.

While it will be a great story to see Peyton go out on top and Denver's defense(especially Von Miller) is playing well, Carolina is just a monster right now. Denver's win was nice but that is not the same New England team. New England has no run game and Gronk was cramping. Carolina is a totally different animal, they just made a really good Arizona team look very mediocre.
    Also and I hate to disrespect probably the greatest regular season and tactical qb of all time, but this is the Super Bowl. Peyton has really never been a big money playoff qb and let's be frank, Denver's defense won that game Sunday. Those Carolina linebackers and Norman are absolute beasts. Manning is not throwing a great ball right now. While I don't see a repeat of Manning's performance in Super Bowl 48, that game was over before it started, I'm afraid Carolina is just to much..
    I will play Carolina and the over..

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I want Denver to win but I think Carolina is just to complete of a football team. I see Carolina winning pretty easy
    Same here.

But Denver does have the defense to do it

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Agreed. Carolina is just way too nasty right now. Special teams, defense, offense, I just think they can be stopped. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    Agreed. Carolina is just way too nasty right now. Special teams, defense, offense, I just think they can be stopped. But you never know.
    they are just the more complete team and Newton is big. The guy is on another level right now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    they are just the more complete team and Newton is big. The guy is on another level right now
    He really is. I meant to say can't be stopped. Newton is an incredible athlete.. Really enjoy watching him. Their defense puts up a ton of points and is as aggressive as they come. Looking forward to the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    He really is. I meant to say can't be stopped. Newton is an incredible athlete.. Really enjoy watching him. Their defense puts up a ton of points and is as aggressive as they come. Looking forward to the big game.
    so big and hard to tackle. Throws a mean spiral too... So much power in his throws and so accurate

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    Peyton is gonna have to play his ass off, its gonna take then managing the game to beat the panthers for sure

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapology
    Peyton is gonna have to play his ass off, its gonna take then managing the game to beat the panthers for sure
    Coaching is a big factor, for sure. Pats let their offensive line coach go today.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Carolina is vulnerable tho..... Just like any other team. Hell..... The Giants played well against them. Nearly beat em..... I'm sure Denver could put something together
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Carolina is vulnerable tho..... Just like any other team. Hell..... The Giants played well against them. Nearly beat em..... I'm sure Denver could put something together
    Great teams win close games though. Giants are much more dangerous then there record. Carolina is vulnerable to second half let down. I will be surprised it manning has enough in his tank to put together enough offense to beat them. I'm pulling for those broncos though

Who beat panthers?

Falcons?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    Who beat panthers? Falcons?
    yes after getting shut out by Carolina a couple weeks beforehand. They played both week 14 and 16.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I think Carolina is a much better team all around! With a good defense... I don't see Manning being able to do it andNewton IS just on another level!

Where is HonkeyKong?

He has to be mad as hell that ole crook neck Peyton won
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    Where is HonkeyKong?

He has to be mad as hell that ole crook neck Peyton won
    Was thinking about how after Brady scored to go down by only a two point conversion only to be stopped the very next play - and what HK was thinking or doing?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Was thinking about how after Brady scored to go down by only a two point conversion only to be stopped the very next play - and what HK was thinking or doing?!?!
    I guarantee that something got smashed!!!

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    It'll be nice to see Peyton "solidify" his career with another superbowl win.

At the sametime Cam is definitely deserving of the win this season and there team is just a whole nother animal this year....

I got panthers
    bloodchoke likes this.

GingerbeardJ is offline Associate Member
    Honestly I think the panthers have it pretty easy. But it all comes down to the panthers o line. If they can't stop ware and Miller it will be a close game. Those two a fuking freaks.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I want the Broncos to win because unlike most New Englanders I really don't mind Manning. If he can get a ring he will retire and even though I don't think his retirement will have the same effect as Brett Favre's, the NFL is still going to miss him. The part that would suck about Denver winning is Champ Bailey missing out on his ring. A class act as a player and a person.
    Unfortunately I think Carolina will get it. They seem pretty stacked going in and Cam Newton is on fire this year. Of course Peyton was 2 years ago and he got blown out by Seattle.

After hearing cam newton's latest comments on criticism on him only because he's a black qb....it's annoying at this point

bloodchoke is offline Member
    It would be great to see Manning win and then retire. It would be a perfect ending. I do believe that Carolina has the advantage and will only lose if they have a really bad day.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80
    After hearing cam newton's latest comments on criticism on him only because he's a black qb....it's annoying at this point
    Cam was a douche bag in college and a douchebag now. Has nothing to do with race. It just suites him perfectly to play the race card. If he DOESNT get mvp he will say it is because he is a black qb. Whatever, he is a beast regardless but I can't stand to hear him talk or look at his weird ass ears any longer.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    You all need to watch the video again because he didn't say ppl was complaining g because he is black. He pretty much said he is African American a that's the way we do. He wasn't playing a race card. That's just his personality, I don't agree I think he takes it to far but that's him. As long as he plays the way he should idc.

Every time Barry Sanders scored a touchdown he trotted over to the official and handed him the ball. The con so mate professional. I've been here before and I'll be here again.
    To expect everyone to act accordingly is completely unrealistic. I like Can Newton and think the Superman and especially the handing the ball off to the nearest kid is awesome. I do not care for all the extra dancing and bouncing around. I especially don't care for it on defense when you see a tackle and the player goes nutty. This season a player for my Eagles knocked his teammate out with a big hit. He jumped up and started dancing and flexing not realizing the big hit was against his own teammate.
    Now do I think that is showing up your opponent? Yes.. Do I think it sets a bad example for the youth playing sports? Sure it does.. But I play a sport,ice hockey, in which we shake hands after every game but also celebrate every goal.
    Do I wish players would tone it down? Absolutely.
    But acceptance is a big part of the world we live in. I wish we lived in a word where someone didn't have to say, for example, I'm African American.. I can't remember the last time I had to remind someone I was an Irish Catholic Caucasian American. I find that people do plenty of things that I don't like. But to be prejudiced over something someone had no choice over from birth like race is beyond me. Who am I to tell or someone else how to live or act.. Ive never spent a day in someone else's shoes. So again, I try to practice more acceptance..
    Still love like Carolina and the over..

Every time Barry Sanders scored a touchdown he trotted over to the official and handed him the ball. The con so mate professional. I've been here before and I'll be here again. To expect everyone to act accordingly is completely unrealistic. I like Can Newton and think the Superman and especially the handing the ball off to the nearest kid is awesome. I do not care for all the extra dancing and bouncing around. I especially don't care for it on defense when you see a tackle and the player goes nutty. This season a player for my Eagles knocked his teammate out with a big hit. He jumped up and started dancing and flexing not realizing the big hit was against his own teammate. Now do I think that is showing up your opponent? Yes.. Do I think it sets a bad example for the youth playing sports? Sure it does.. But I play a sport,ice hockey, in which we shake hands after every game but also celebrate every goal. Do I wish players would tone it down? Absolutely. But acceptance is a big part of the world we live in. I wish we lived in a word where someone didn't have to say, for example, I'm African American.. I can't remember the last time I had to remind someone I was an Irish Catholic Caucasian American. I find that people do plenty of things that I don't like. But to be prejudiced over something someone had no choice over from birth like race is beyond me. Who am I to tell or someone else how to live or act.. Ive never spent a day in someone else's shoes. So again, I try to practice more acceptance.. Still love like Carolina and the over..
    *like*

Well said.... Too bad not everyone thinks like you. It's so disheartening to me when I hear people talk about race. I'm not better than the next guy.... And he's no better than me. We're human and here on this earth trying to do well in life. I hate race issues....

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    I want the Broncos to win because unlike most New Englanders I really don't mind Manning. If he can get a ring he will retire and even though I don't think his retirement will have the same effect as Brett Favre's, the NFL is still going to miss him. The part that would suck about Denver winning is Champ Bailey missing out on his ring. A class act as a player and a person.
    Unfortunately I think Carolina will get it. They seem pretty stacked going in and Cam Newton is on fire this year. Of course Peyton was 2 years ago and he got blown out by Seattle.
    How can you not hate The Mannings? I hate all three of them (although Eli's DirecTV commercial did make me laugh).

To side away from my hatred of the Mannings and on to the topic of The Panthers, I will say they made a believer out of me this year. This whole season they were ranting about how Cam should be MVP and that Carolina were this superteam. I was always like "yeah, but who did they play this year?" I really didn't give them much credit other than being a good team. I told people "yeah, but I bet they wouldn't have that record if they played in the AFC North." I figured if they played in a strong conference, in a strong division where you had 3 great teams in it, they probably would've lost more often.

But then they beat the Seahags.... They kicked their ass in the first half (despite nearly losing, because they took their foot off the gas). So I justified that with "yeah, but Seattle isn't the same team they were last year." And then Carolina manhandled Phoenix, my pick to win the NFC (and after the Pats got eliminated, they became my favourite to win the Superbowl). I'll tell you what, I'm a believer in that team now.

Here's what I see going on for the Superbowl. Let's say Peyton has a good day on that field. How many points do you think that team could rack up against Carolina's defense? 24? 28? 35? Now do you think that Denver's defense can hold Cam's offense to 34 points? Cam is going to do everything he can to run up the score here. I bet you Carolina will score at a minimum of 38 points, probably around 42 points.

HK, I'm with you pretty much all across that board.. But how can you dislike the Manning's? Peyton is absolutely the qb I would start if I had to win a regular season game. He is IMHO the greatest tactical qb that I have ever seen play the game. True he has faltered in the really big games, but at least he got them to the games. Eli has two superbowl rings. Archie, I didn't see play. All three are squeaky clean off the field. The kind of guys you would want your daughter/sister to marry.. Anyway, again, I agree wholeheartedly with everything else you wrote. I felt the same way about Carolina thru the season, but you can't argue against them now. They just ate up the hottest team in football being Arizona. with keuckly and Norman out there and Peyton having to pass as the broncs have no running game. Not a good situation for Peyton and Denver. IMHO this game comes down to Von Miller vs. Can Newton. The Denver defense MUST create some turnovers, which the broncs turn into points. Some good special teams as well. I see Denver scoring about 13 to 17 points and that's just not going to get it done. Carolina wins 34-16, so I like over the total of 45.

HK, I'm with you pretty much all across that board.. But how can you dislike the Manning's? Peyton is absolutely the qb I would start if I had to win a regular season game. He is IMHO the greatest tactical qb that I have ever seen play the game. True he has faltered in the really big games, but at least he got them to the games. Eli has two superbowl rings. Archie, I didn't see play. All three are squeaky clean off the field. The kind of guys you would want your daughter/sister to marry.. Anyway, again, I agree wholeheartedly with everything else you wrote. I felt the same way about Carolina thru the season, but you can't argue against them now. They just ate up the hottest team in football being Arizona. with keuckly and Norman out there and Peyton having to pass as the broncs have no running game. Not a good situation for Peyton and Denver. IMHO this game comes down to Von Miller vs. Can Newton. The Denver defense MUST create some turnovers, which the broncs turn into points. Some good special teams as well. I see Denver scoring about 13 to 17 points and that's just not going to get it done. Carolina wins 34-16, so I like over the total of 45.
    Because his previous Brady is merely mortal against them lol

- Knockout_Power

Blog Entries
    But how can you dislike the Manning's? / Eli has two superbowl rings. .
    Question and answer right there. Lol.

As a NE fan myself, I'm supposed to hate the Mannings, but I do enjoy watching them play. Say what you will about both Peyton and Brady, but the game will not be the same without them.

I seriously hope that Peyton has he best game of his life, because I think the Panthers are the better team. I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton go out with a SB win. I just don't see it happening.

Swolberham_Lincoln is offline Junior Member
    i hoping the sheriff can go out on his own terms and go out on top. He took a bunch of crap the past 3 years about his arm strength, and especially this year about being done and never playing another game after he got benched for osweiller

I agree SL, Manning going out on top is a great story. He will have dig really deep and pull out the best game in a few years. But realistically he just isn't the qb he once was. I don't think he has it to take the team on his back against a team like Carolina. He will have to be so precise against a great Carolina defense. They have no running game so Peyton will have to throw all day.. Carolina will be ball hawking all day and Denver can't afford turnovers. Denver has to play a near perfect game offense, defense, and special teams. Unfortunately I just don't see it...

Spread up to CAR-6; o/u 45.5

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I think the Lakers have got this one in the bag!

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35
    I think the Lakers have got this one in the bag!
    haa.

Well this is when the rubber meets the road. Any last minute thoughts? The spread has moved up a point to a point and a half and the money is coming in at about 70% on the panthers. The over/ under is at 44-441/2 and about 60% of the money is being bet on the over.
    I just can't see anything stopping Carolina. Game time temp is going to be about 70 with a slight wind. If this game was in Denver maybe but Carolina is a juggernaut, they will not take their foot of the gas today. It is Cam Newton & James Stewart vs. Von Miller and Peyton vs. Kueckley & Norman. Peyton throws at least two interceptions today. Cam Newton has been on the big stage before so I don't see him getting overwhelmed by the whole thing. Defense wins championships but it's not like Carolina has a bad defense, far from it..
    I will play Carolina ats(5 units) and as far as my over under I like the over(1-2 units, my concern is Denver doesn't do their part). Maybe will do a small parley for a unit just because its the super bowl.. Good luck to everyone..

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Well this is when the rubber meets the road. Any last minute thoughts? The spread has moved up a point to a point and a half and the money is coming in at about 70% on the panthers. The over/ under is at 44-441/2 and about 60% of the money is being bet on the over. I just can't see anything stopping Carolina. Game time temp is going to be about 70 with a slight wind. If this game was in Denver maybe but Carolina is a juggernaut, they will not take their foot of the gas today. It is Cam Newton & James Stewart vs. Von Miller and Peyton vs. Kueckley & Norman. Peyton throws at least two interceptions today. Cam Newton has been on the big stage before so I don't see him getting overwhelmed by the whole thing. Defense wins championships but it's not like Carolina has a bad defense, far from it.. I will play Carolina ats(5 units) and as far as my over under I like the over(1-2 units, my concern is Denver doesn't do their part). Maybe will do a small parley for a unit just because its the super bowl.. Good luck to everyone..
    Heads or Tails?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information