Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I don't want to get into a pissing match with you man but you offer no proof! If you read anything on tom's hardware site it's all Nvidia and ATI. Nvidia and ATI make insane cards and they all get tested on tom's site. Do you ever see MAC going head to head with Nvidia or ATI? I'd like to see some testing.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I am not into a pissing match with you. For christ sake! were having a discussion. What would you like?? info reports or "Tom" to tell you Nvidia or ATI is not as fast as MAC?? Go to anybody that is a sound professional or a grafix/web designer and see what there using?? Look into professional sound magazines for studio applications and see what they are using. I am not speaking out my azz here. I have a friend who owns his own records company, my brother is a web designer out in CA and i have a vast amount of friends and associates who are in both of these fields. Like I said PC's have there place and mac has there's. Why do you think macs are so expensive?? Have you ever tried to run 3-4 grafix applications on a mac and did the same on a pc with a faster processor??? try it some time have you ever tried to run 2-3 audio programs with editing software such as Logic Audio on a Mac or a PC. See which one is more effecient in processing powers. I have both PC an mac and from testing experiece on my own equipment and my friend who owns a studio. my powerbook with only a 500mhz g4 processor is much more effecient than his 2.5mhz PC. his constantly freezes while mine can run simultaneous applications with no problems. Do google search on some forums for grafix/web designers or Pro Audio. Ask Warrior on this board who works with grafix programs. Ask Carlos on this forum who is a engineer. I really dont care if you belive me or not. I dont know it all and I surely dont have all the answers but I do know Mac's are far superior in grafix and audio applications than PC.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I don't want to get into a pissing match with you man but you offer no proof! If you read anything on tom's hardware site it's all Nvidia and ATI. Nvidia and ATI make insane cards and they all get tested on tom's site. Do you ever see MAC going head to head with Nvidia or ATI? I'd like to see some testing.

Your talking about a video card. Nvidia and ATI are manufactures of Video cards. This has nothing to do with the capabilites of a Mac or PC. Mac powerbooks come with a Nvidia video card in them. It's all about the processing capabilites and ability to run multiple programs simulaneously without any hang ups. Thats why grafix professionals and Audio professionals choose mac over pc. If you go to any school that is know for there grafix programs or Audio programs such as Full Sail in FL or The Conservatory in AZ or some of the greater ones in CA you will see they teach their students on Mac.

http://www.emagic.de/home/artists/da...in.php?lang=EN
    http://www.emagic.de/home/artists/al...rs.php?lang=EN
    abstrack@protonmail.com

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    So The Jury Is out? all around what is the baddest ass pc laptop?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Man you can say what ever you want about MAC, but when it comes to processing power it comes down to one thing.....Hyper-Threading Technology. And this is a couple months old. The new shit makes this shit BOW.

Record-breaking - Tom's Hardware breaks records once again, this time by building a 4100 MHz+ system. It's a PC of superlatives, including dual DDR400 and 700 MHz FSB - one of the world's fastest PCs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me purchase a laptop-start.gif  

mammoth is offline Member
    You guys are comparing apples to oranges. Two completely different processor schemes. CISC to RISC. Both have advantages and both have disadvantages.

abstrack -- I will agree that Macs are the main platform used in audio and video houses but this is only because of Mac's history within that structure. Apple was the first to run high-end graphics applications. In this day and age PC's have the same graphic and audio capability as Macs.

I am a Mac supporter only since the inception of OSX because I am a Unix fan. The company I work for uses mainly Macs for production but the servers are Linux, and Windows based. I have worked in both environments (Mac and PC) and both have its problems. However you can't compare the two simply because the coding and processing schemes are not the same. Many comparisons have been completed between the two and all have had different results. Macs have (in some cases) shown to be faster in loading times even though the clock speeds and Bus speeds are technically slower than PCs. It is because of its coding scheme and processing architecture.

If you are looking at a consumer based computing solution tht offers the widest array of software selection then PCs are the way to go. Macs don't have the software base or flexibility that PCs have. However if you are more concerned about reliability and intuitve aspect of a interface then Macs are the way to go. You will be limited in application selection and especially gaming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information