View Poll Results: Can I still lift considering my injuries???

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
    hoss827 is offline Banned

Can I still lift????????????!!!!

I was at the gym warming up on incline (125, 10 times) i can usually do 155 4-6 times. Well 6 months ago my shoulder popped outta place, all the ligaments were torn apart. Today, it popped outta place on my 6th rep of 125 pounds. Just for a few seconds though...they had no slings big enough to fit me so they made one out of a gym towel, which i am wearing now...I think i just stretched a ligament on accident long enough for it to pop out of place a few seconds then it popped back in . The doc said that next time it happend, surgery and 6 months of physical therapy but last time the ligaments were RIPPED APART! He also said that i would be done for good after the 2nd time this happend, no more sports or physical activity! Fuck the sports, i just wanna lift! But some consider lifting as a sport... This time i think the ligaments just stretched...So im sitting here now, with an okay feeling arm, wondering if its okay to go back to the gym a couple weeks, or if i should go to the doctor and face the news ....what do you guys think??? Pray to God that i can still lift, I'll be doing that. Thanks...Also, for the guys that know how the fight went , check out the "Need help fighting.." Thread. But do you think i can still lift considering my injuries????

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn bro sorry to hear that...I would diffently take it easy for a little while. Since u have a history with this u know how it felt before compared to now. If is still giving u problems in a few days u should see your doctor. I would get a 2nd opinion before going under the knife.

U can still work lower body exercises while your shoulder heals...good luck.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I replied to this in the fight thread. There's a few basic tests you can do to see if your shoulder is hurt. You're looking for a sharp pain in all of them, or a feeling of looseness. k? i've had shoulder problems, tendonitis, and they had me do all these for them for structural tests. Good luck, hope you pass.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Regardless of whether you see the doc or not. If you do continue to lift i would lift VERY light. you do not want to fuck your shoulder up. My friend did this freshman year of High school and he has had at least 4 surgeries since then. now a junior in college. he does play ball though....

Thread Information