Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Housing in my area is out of control to but the financing rates are rediculous. I know a ton of people that have been getting 1 year arms at about 3.25 to 3.5 %. Working for a mortgage co. you get sweet deals on all the fees. They have refi'd over and over for almost nothing and have been enjoying sub 5% rates for years now. Think about it, a 1 year arm at 3.25, you can afford one hell of a house compared to a 6 or 7 % rate. The 3.25 can only go up a max 1% per year and then can only cap out at a little over 8% for life. Depends on how long you want to stay somewhere but there are a ton of smart people who are working this situation the right way while migating the risks.
    I have a friend working in a high end mortgage co.Things are slowing down rapidly.WHY you say,everyone has done already what you spoke of above,at least the smart ones.Rates are on the rise.The bubble is going to burst within 1yr from now.Your point is well taken,but it's getting a little late in the game for the young home buyer.That's where my concern lies.I have several friends that have had thier beautiful homes on the market for 6-8 mos now and no lookers are even showing up.This is the sign the times are coming.Buyers beware. DB

Tayman is offline Junior Member
    I understand what you are saying DB, but a savvy real estate investor can always come out ahead.

If young couples get stuck with an over leveraged mortgage, there will be more forclosures on the market... If the house appraises for less than what is worth, then the bank will have to take a loss if they honestly want to sell the house.

It's sad the way things work, but one person's loss is another's gain. Thanks for the encouraging words btw.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    My dad has a substantial amount of money tied up in the stock market. I was talking to him yesterday about it and he says he makes 5 percent off of every 100,000 he has tied up per month.
    The internet now a days lets the individual have access to things that only stock brokers had access to. Five years ago, you would not have had minute access to graphs and charts and reports like the internet provides. Plus trading companies allowing limitless trades for monthly fee.

If you have the money, you can make a slow, low risk profit. Like I said 5 percent from 100,000 is a good 5k a month

We debated and compared notes as to whether his stocks vs my land developement makes more.
    NO COMPARISON: Only thing is, he has more money to invest

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    My dad has a substantial amount of money tied up in the stock market. I was talking to him yesterday about it and he says he makes 5 percent off of every 100,000 he has tied up per month.
    The internet now a days lets the individual have access to things that only stock brokers had access to. Five years ago, you would not have had minute access to graphs and charts and reports like the internet provides. Plus trading companies allowing limitless trades for monthly fee.

If you have the money, you can make a slow, low risk profit. Like I said 5 percent from 100,000 is a good 5k a month

We debated and compared notes as to whether his stocks vs my land developement makes more.
    NO COMPARISON: Only thing is, he has more money to invest
    Shit,I made 11% today so far.I average 35-40% a year.But I daytrade though.Internet stocks are flying withYahoo's earning report.DOW 10,000 & NASDAQ 2000 here we come. It's earnings season now.This will be the best quarter in years.Yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! DB

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I feel the same way DB.........my indicators seem to be showing signs of life. About damn time...........a good Q4 I think will do us all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I feel the same way DB.........my indicators seem to be showing signs of life. About damn time...........a good Q4 I think will do us all good.
    When Big T,Mass,you and me hook up in FL.I'm buying the lunch and drinks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information