Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

I have BIG balls!!!!!

Ok for starters most of you are checking this out to see just what ole Big T did now, the others are just some sick perverts hoping to see Big T's family jewels.... perverts!

Actually the title has nothing to do with the tilte, I just needed something flashy to get ya'll here. I'm looking to relocate and was hoping ya'll can tell me about the areas ya'll live in, so far Florida, New Hampshire, and Colorado have the lead on sounding interesting. So guys, tell me about the areas ya'll live in the plus and minus's about moving there. Also if you can give me an idea of the job markets in your areas as well. Thanks guy's and gal's.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    What kind of profession are you in?? I live in the Detroit area and obviously the car industy is HUGE. The only crappy thing is that winter goes for about 6 months.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Chicago Kicks ass, but You have to put up with the weather....But it's worth it. What do you do big T?

I'm originally from up north so the winters don't bother me. Well I have no degree and past experience is electrical, laborer, mechanic, and most recent I've gone from laborer at a cement plant to being a purchase agent for the plant, in another words I'm responsible for keeping track and ordering all the parts for our machinery. I have some basic knowledge in other fileds but not certified in.

Ahhhh Chicago..... I was stationed in Great Lakes for boot camp and ET school. I did like Chicago but damn with driving there.... crazy mofo's.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Miami is a beautiful place to visit............Job market is fair and the women are all sexy...............no place to raise a family..............thats why I plan to leave some day.(soon)

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    here's my .02c Big T...whatever you do don't consider moving to NJ, PA or NY. Traveling a 10 minute trip takes an hr., the housing mkt is way overpriced, and most of the people here are ignorant SOB's. I could go on and on...

Big T, even if someone offers you 100K a yr to babysit in this area, avoid this area like the black plague....Hopefully that will narrow down a few of the choices.

Btw- I guarentee this thread reaches at least 4 pgs long. lol

~US~
    Last edited by usualsuspect; 10-07-2003 at 01:29 PM.

mass.... Miami, oh hell no! Cost of living by itself has turned me off of that city. But Tampa, or near Pensacola might do.

~US~ Out of your selection of places, Pennsylvania was on the list...as for this hitting 4 pages, we'll just see.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Stay OUT OF CALIF. This place is getting more fucked up by the week. Soon, illegals will be able to drive, crash into you, run to mexico and not worry about auto insurance.
    The average price of a 2000 sq foot house with property big enough to squeeze your rolling trash can through the side yard costs 500,000
    Taxes are through the roof. not to mention car registration.
    Traffic is the worst than all states.
    Sure we have sun 10 months out of the year but smog also comes with that. Cant even tell where the mountains are due to the smog. Literally.
    Finding a job is out of the question unless you wanna work in retail during christmas time or construction putting up block walls.
    Sure we have beaches, but those are taken over by all the mexicans playing soccor in the sand and taking all the grass shadey areas. Watch out for all the broken glass in the sand cause they are too lazy to throw there trash in the trash cans right next to them.
    Sure we have LA and Beverly Hills. Had to drive through BHills twice yesterday and hated EVERY second of it. Nothing nice about LA except maybe the new staples center.

While we all move out to places like Colorado, New Jersey, Vermont and Other places, you all move in.

Unless you are a doctor lawyer computer software owner or construction co owner, you will not be able to afford a house in the next five years.

jersey juice is offline Member
    For as much as I bitch & complain about North Jersey... best part of the country to live!! I live 15 min out of NYC where it's always open. I can order a pizza at 1am, go to a diner at 3am, Dunkin Donuts coffee open 24hours. No tornado's, earthquakes, where I'm at hurricaines just blow down some branches and maybe a random old tree somewhere. Flooding is rare, summers aren't too bad and the shore is only 45min away. Winter only sucks when it's snowing, otherwise I love cold weather (just hate shoveling & slipping around) There is always a job market no matter what you do. We have so many corporations in NJ and you can take the train into NYC and get work there too. You can catch a movie at midnight and go eat after and we got more nightclubs, bars and afterhours clubs than any other place in the country. Traffic is a bitch because of the congestion cause everyone seems to commute. I have been to many places in the country and even tried to find someplace else to move to, but once your a New Yorker you become spoiled to having everything available virtually 24/7. I could never live someplace where the town closes up at 8 or 9pm. Hell sometimes I don't even go out until 11pm. Hands down bro, move to North Jersey!!!!! Just my opinion....

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    mass.... Miami, oh hell no! Cost of living by itself has turned me off of that city. But Tampa, or near Pensacola might do.

~US~ Out of your selection of places, Pennsylvania was on the list...as for this hitting 4 pages, we'll just see.
    I love living in PA...... prices of homes are good..... job market is ok considering the condition it's in, this part of the country rarely gets very bad weater like tornados, hurricans......... plus I live there

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Miami is a beautiful place to visit............Job market is fair and the women are all sexy...............no place to raise a family..............thats why I plan to leave some day.(soon)
    T, you should just pimp your big ass off! serious, your too ugly even for that!
    T, can't you take your ET experience and use it? Or hell your teams experience could be used anywhere! Check with government agencies, I mean especially with what's going on in the world.

SID

Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    T, you should just pimp your big ass off! serious, your too ugly even for that!
    T, can't you take your ET experience and use it? Or hell your teams experience could be used anywhere! Check with government agencies, I mean especially with what's going on in the world.

SID
    OH... all-do respect to Jersey Juice, stay away from NJ! It bites the wang! Insurace is High (2nd highest in the nation and getting higher) housing is HIGH! Can't get and appartment! for under $1000 amonth! If you go Pa, try West, I believe that pittsburgh area's opening up and growing with jobs, where as the Philly area and NJ is tight! No f'kn jobs! Colorado, is tough! Expensive now, a few years ago would have been perfect, but now it's getting hot! Florida is more inexpensive, but I'm not sure about the job market.

SID

Trust me Cali is definately out of the question, unless Arnie gets elected and legalizes gear, I'll be there in a heart beat. As for Jersey.... thought about it but SID makes a good point.

Mudd... there's an excuse to move to Penn. I can hear it now, "But baby we need to move to Pennsylvania.... that's where Mudd lives."

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Trust me Cali is definately out of the question, unless Arnie gets elected and legalizes gear, I'll be there in a heart beat. As for Jersey.... thought about it but SID makes a good point.

Mudd... there's an excuse to move to Penn. I can hear it now, "But baby we need to move to Pennsylvania.... that's where Mudd lives."
    She would be like WTF is a Mudd

its not to expensive here....you can still get a decent single family home for around 120 g's.......but I do hear texas is alot cheaper......I think its all relative if im not mistaken........meaning if you live in an more expensive city...the wages are higher......I could be wrong..........oh and dont go to tampa....(sorry Jugg).......too boring for my taste................If I dont see a hooker or some sort of gang fight...my day just wouldnt be complete

Mudd- You should see the looks on her face when I start talking about you guys. She's like who the f'ck is Jugg, SID, and all these people.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    If I dont see a hooker or some sort of gang fight...my day just wouldnt be complete
    That's what I mean bro I am trying to raise my kids somewhat right. Besides that living in a city like Miami...... spells BIG TROUBLE for Big T.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm originally from Massachusetts, am familiar with that neck of the woods. Yah, it has its good points, but as I've mentioned before, I'm in Texas now, and much prefer it here. Cost of living is much lower, for starters. Same is true for the southern part of New Hampshire. Should be better in the northern (rural) part, but then, good luck finding a job.

Of all the other states in the US, the only other ones I'd consider living in would be Nevada and Tennesee. Might wanna check them out, too . . .

That's what I mean bro I am trying to raise my kids somewhat right. Besides that living in a city like Miami...... spells BIG TROUBLE for Big T.
    exactly why im leaving..........

We may even optto stay in Texas, just somewhere besides the Southwestern area. Hell all the Texas bro's and gals seem to live in Houston, of course that wouldn't sit well since that's where that f'ing cop got transfered.... or would it.

We may even optto stay in Texas, just somewhere besides the Southwestern area. Hell all the Texas bro's and gals seem to live in Houston, of course that wouldn't sit well since that's where that f'ing cop got transfered.... or would it.
    Sometimes a new start is just what you need..........

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Ahhhh Chicago..... I was stationed in Great Lakes for boot camp and ET school. I did like Chicago but damn with driving there.... crazy mofo's.
    Hahahaha. Boot camp and SM school. I did a winter up there, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Hahahaha. Boot camp and SM school. I did a winter up there, never again.
    Bro we were lined up in formation one morning awaiting to goto chow and I looked up at one of those signs that banks have that flashes the time and temp. Well the damn thing was reading -18 degrees!!!! I just closed my eyes and tried remembering why in the hell I volunteered for that crap.

OH... all-do respect to Jersey Juice, stay away from NJ! It bites the wang! Insurace is High (2nd highest in the nation and getting higher) housing is HIGH! Can't get and appartment! for under $1000 amonth! If you go Pa, try West, I believe that pittsburgh area's opening up and growing with jobs, where as the Philly area and NJ is tight! No f'kn jobs! Colorado, is tough! Expensive now, a few years ago would have been perfect, but now it's getting hot! Florida is more inexpensive, but I'm not sure about the job market.

SID
    HEY HEY HEY.... gotta remember 1 thing though, in Jersey the salaries are higher and I think it's the 2nd or 3rd highest income states in the country, that;s how we can afford the insurance and rents. Sure PA is cheap and if I moved out there with my Jersey salary I'd live like a F'n king!!! I'm in the real estate business so the job market is ridiculous for that, there are more job openings for that then I can count. No doubt our car insurance BLOWS, can't even try and argue that one. Well you can find a place with rents for $500-700 a month, just make sure you have a pitbull and a firearm readily available because you'll need them in those neighborhoods LOL! I thought about moving to PA but the commute would just kill me, I need to hear buses & ambulences and police cars and those fuking stupid ass 18year olds with the god damn bass blaring out of their suped up 1990 civic's with that stupid looking spoiler on it. Ahhh to live in the city....

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Bro we were lined up in formation one morning awaiting to goto chow and I looked up at one of those signs that banks have that flashes the time and temp. Well the damn thing was reading -18 degrees!!!! I just closed my eyes and tried remembering why in the hell I volunteered for that crap.
    What a joke. I was up there when it was negative 5 outside. I'm walking from my hall to go to school (SM School). It literally hurt to breathe outside. (Coat, sweater, scarf, hat, etc). I have lived in MA nearly my whole life and I've never had it cold like Lake Michigan cold.

Thank god I'm not from Chicago.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im a pervert.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Come to vemont. Nice and laid back cheap living and with all the contruction going on here you skills could land you something half ways decent. It is pretty nice here i came from new york via salt lake city and i am going to stay here for awhile. Then it is of to sarasota florida. that is another nice place i would like to live

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Connecticut is pretty nice. And i don't mean the only parts you hear of on the gold coast.. but inland. I grew up in the northwest hills, and it was a great place to grow up. few drugs, low taxes, nice schools. I plan on going back when i'm done.

Btw... big green is lurking. GO SOX!

huh? is offline Associate Member
    i live north of dallas in plano texas

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Clearwater,FL-Nice people,good schools and plenty of work in the fields you are qualified for.Good old family style living right on the Gulf and hardly any crime.Good climate year round.Don't go to southern Florida,to trashy.I lived in Miami 6yrs,trust me.This area has that southern touch to it similar to Geogia.Food for though bro.Propery not expensive and overall cost of living low ie propert tax,food ect.Good luck on your decision. DB

T, I did forget one thing, as far as kids and education the the parts where I live in NJ has awesome schools, public too. That is one of the benefits and why I'm still here. Hell, I think the amount of grads to follow up to college around here is really high!
    And some of the salaries are high, just a huge fat thick assed line that seperates haves and have nots! and it's pretty depressing at times.
    You'd be surprised at what a huge variety there is around here, you go a couple miles this way and it's all farms, you go that way tons of huge homes, just alot of stuff and hell we're 15 mins from philly 1 hour from nyc and 40 mins from the beach. I still hate it, but well 99.9% of the people love it...again, I'm the minority!

SID

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Palme…………..I KNEW it! And what’s sad about that is…….the fact you’re a perv. turns me on. Hahahaha

All right T, as for Tampa (yes I’m biased) I think you’d do great. Cost of living is pretty good (No state tax, that’s why we’re nice to the tourists). Homes are reasonable (you could find a place in a smaller community around Tampa, Plant City is like living in the country). Job market is not great but there’s work out there for sure. Construction is through the roof and has been for the last ten years. School system is not bad but I’d be more than happy to tell you which ones NOT to send your kids too (everyone in my family has been in the education system so I know something about it). Beaches are great but the water is not crystal clear like the east coast but it’s not bad. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a store, mall, restaurant or anything else you can imagine. Golf courses everywhere (no joke). People are pretty nice (they actually wave at you and let you in traffic when merging) however there are areas that I tend to stay out of but nothing like Little Havana in Miami or ninth district in NO. Did I mention fishing, fresh or salt water, you can’t go wrong. As for cold…………..winters here…………please……..if you pooled all our cold days together you might get two or three weeks of cool weather. No one owns a jacket here.

Also I still talk to my family and friends back home in MS. You know you could move out to Alabama or MS and work for the ship yards……they are always hiring and pay good. As a matter of fact we have a ship yard here in Tampa as well.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I would tell you what it is like living in Louisiana, but that would probobly be a little to close to home for you.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I just moved from NY to Indiana. Its nice here. I bought a house and the prices arent bad (unless you live in W.lafayette or someplaces in Indy. There seems to be a lot of work in Indy. Of course, this is just a perception, I havent tested the waters there. I moved to take a job,though, and my GF found a job within a week of looking. had two offers even. anyway, people are nice, schools are ok and weather is mild. you havta like corn, however!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Palme…………..I KNEW it! And what’s sad about that is…….the fact you’re a perv. turns me on. Hahahaha

All right T, as for Tampa (yes I’m biased) I think you’d do great. Cost of living is pretty good (No state tax, that’s why we’re nice to the tourists). Homes are reasonable (you could find a place in a smaller community around Tampa, Plant City is like living in the country). Job market is not great but there’s work out there for sure. Construction is through the roof and has been for the last ten years. School system is not bad but I’d be more than happy to tell you which ones NOT to send your kids too (everyone in my family has been in the education system so I know something about it). Beaches are great but the water is not crystal clear like the east coast but it’s not bad. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a store, mall, restaurant or anything else you can imagine. Golf courses everywhere (no joke). People are pretty nice (they actually wave at you and let you in traffic when merging) however there are areas that I tend to stay out of but nothing like Little Havana in Miami or ninth district in NO. Did I mention fishing, fresh or salt water, you can’t go wrong. As for cold…………..winters here…………please……..if you pooled all our cold days together you might get two or three weeks of cool weather. No one owns a jacket here.

Also I still talk to my family and friends back home in MS. You know you could move out to Alabama or MS and work for the ship yards……they are always hiring and pay good. As a matter of fact we have a ship yard here in Tampa as well.
    Your right across the bay from me bro.....Cool DB

T, I did forget one thing, as far as kids and education the the parts where I live in NJ has awesome schools, public too. That is one of the benefits and why I'm still here. Hell, I think the amount of grads to follow up to college around here is really high!
    And some of the salaries are high, just a huge fat thick assed line that seperates haves and have nots! and it's pretty depressing at times.
    You'd be surprised at what a huge variety there is around here, you go a couple miles this way and it's all farms, you go that way tons of huge homes, just alot of stuff and hell we're 15 mins from philly 1 hour from nyc and 40 mins from the beach. I still hate it, but well 99.9% of the people love it...again, I'm the minority!

SID
    See, there he goes, changing his story LOL. j/k bro. (He's from SOUTH Jersey... they're a "little different" down there) We call them 609er's up here. Just messin with ya bro... It's so true though, I live in Union County and I'm 1 town over from Newark... you can go from the straight up ghetto with the street gangs & drug dealers to the country roads with horses and exclusive homes in under a half hour. I live in a lower/middle class area, but I can go 15 minutes and I'm in Short Hills (very exclusive) then go down the Avenue and be on South Orange Ave in Orange (very bad area)... we got it all baby!!!

Well where else would I be DB? hahahahaha Small world huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Well where else would I be DB? hahahahaha Small world huh?
    Sure is bro,we need to hit the iron together one day......Be Cool DB

You bet DB! Well have to get together some time.......go easy on me though.......in case you didn't know I'm an old man...............that's what T keeps calling me.

T, I think it pretty much settled................you'll just have to come check out FL bro..........as you can see all the cool bros are here. Now none of you Canadian bros get bent out of shape...........you're all cool as well.........hell you're here when you're not in the Great White North.......that makes you cool as well!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information