View Poll Results: What do you think about Arnold S's Encyclopedia of Modern Day Bodybuilding?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • own it and live by it

16 31.37%
  • own it and think its ok

19 37.25%
  • own it and don't really like it

1 1.96%
  • don't own it and want it

11 21.57%
  • don't own it and don't want it

4 7.84%
    clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Modern Day Bodybuilding?

my friend lent it to me. its a bit old, is what it teaches still valid? his excercise routines are waaaay too much, imo...

i have a question: is it ok for me to do biceps and chest every other day? they are never sore really after a workout, even though i work them till exhaustion. i typically do 4 chest excercises (3-4 sets each exercise, reps 10-8-6-4) and same with bicepts.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I read it and I go by it. I would do each body part once a week. Every other day, you got to give them time to rest and grow.

AnabolLecter75 is offline Junior Member
    I work each body part once a week, and I use the encyclopedia as a source to tweak the workouts. His info on each muscle and how they work really help to improve your workout plan.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I voted for live by it because I think it's an excellent source for training development(especially for the beginer).
    I started working out using it and eventually structured my own routine but it's a great book to have for reference, even though it's dated material.

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Same here Phreedo. I bought that book years ago, and I learned a lot from it. I eventually made my own routines, but it is still a good source of information.

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    Great book for any beginner to the sport,lots of good advice and information.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had it for years. Read it 100s of times. Mine is falling apart and missing pages. Love it love it. BUT I do not recommend anyone using Arnold's routines. The guy was a freak. He worked every body part 3-4 times a week....Most people can't physically handle that.

Great stuff on exercises, Body Building history, Posing, ect.

Ironweb is offline Member

great book

I love his book. It gives me ideas to my routine and is loaded with great info and his passion comes through the words that I read in the book and it always inspires me.

Once a week on the work outs for split training of muscle groups. That part of his book is a lot but lets not forget that he did use AAS and that would be for someone on a heavy dose of it. Remember you grow when you rest not when you train.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Its a awsome book and I love it. To bad he didnt write more about steroids in it.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    Hey Clocky,
    I also believe that this is a great book for beginners and a great asset for the intermediate and on. It provides awesome techniques, facts, and most important - motivation. I can't believe Arnie can write so well. Oh yeah, your beer is warm.

fooboy

Ironweb is offline Member
    Originally posted by johan
    Its a awsome book and I love it. To bad he didnt write more about steroids in it.
    I agree. He even talks steroids down in his book when he mention it very briefly. However he gives us everything but that.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I love the book, i dont mind it not having steriod info, no book could compete with the information we share with each other daily here.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

It's an Oldie but damn worth the money

Had that book for years. Actually, I use to carry the damn thing around with me in the gym looking how to do different excersises when I was in my early twenties. It is top notch in my book.
    IC

PS. And can you believe it, not one damn receipe in the whole book! But still a good read.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    You already know how i feel about the training recomended in the book, it would be great book to read for somebody just getting into bodybuilding and needing to learn the basics...with that said I am totaly with Ron on this one, no one should try these routines, even if you are full of gear. The exercise knowledge back in the day was very limited and they did what felt right, i belive that with the advancment of the Nutrition and Exercise sience, Arnold could have been even greater if he was peaking right now and not in the 70's...there're so many new advanced exercise techniques and programs that will deliver results so much faster then with the extremely high volume training routines...i could go forever here, but training people and getting results is my business, so if you want to know more you'll have to hire me as a PT......LOL................XXL

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Am i missing something? how did this thread get bumped?

BDTR is offline Retired
    someone must have voted on the poll.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I use it for reference.Great book for the beginner though.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I own the first one and the second one and lived by them both. Also if you haven't picked up Arnold: Education of a Bodybuilder then you have to because it is awesome. I picked up an original for 50 cents at a yard sale when I was little.....score!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I got it and think its a pretty interesting book, I think its great for beginners but for the advance its just a cool refrence overall.
    If you dont have it its worth the 20 bucks shit most of ur cycle im sure are more than 20 bucks...

Thread Information