Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    let's just quit talking about things we disagree on and get back on focus to what we do agree on....bb'ing, as, etc.

I don't think there is anything productive going to come out of continuing this type of debate. The world has all kinds, no matter from what part of the world you are looking, there's going to be things out there that you disagree with. Let's focus on the things we do agree about.

peace,

ttgb
    Well said.

I apologise if I did offend anyone, didnt mean to, but I get sucked upp in debates very easily and defend my oppinions fanaticly

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    kung pao chicken

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    with no peanuts

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Well said.

I apologise if I did offend anyone, didnt mean to, but I get sucked upp in debates very easily and defend my oppinions fanaticly
    I feel the same way, I usually don't fly off the handle like that. Johan your entitled to your opinion. I'm sorry behaved the way did. It was not right to make threats when you are thousands of miles away.I'm never a person to snipe at a distance. I actually hate people that talk shit when they feel no harm can come to them. And you're right it does make me look unitelligent to make threats. i was actually going to delete my post last night but I just did't. I am very die hard American, and take pride in my nation. I just felt that for some reason I had to take a stand on this issue. I often feel like the rest of the world hate America so I kinda lashed out at you. I also realized my actions did nothing to improve your opinion of americans. I think we should wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Hell, if you ever come to the States let me know, I'll show you around and let you see what the U.S. , and in particular NY, is all about. Then I'll take to bang hot chicks . Deal?. Peace my friend.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    I feel the same way, I usually don't fly off the handle like that. Johan your entitled to your opinion. I'm sorry behaved the way did. It was not right to make threats when you are thousands of miles away.I'm never a person to snipe at a distance. I actually hate people that talk shit when they feel no harm can come to them. And you're right it does make me look unitelligent to make threats. i was actually going to delete my post last night but I just did't. I am very die hard American, and take pride in my nation. I just felt that for some reason I had to take a stand on this issue. I often feel like the rest of the world hate America so I kinda lashed out at you. I also realized my actions did nothing to improve your opinion of americans. I think we should wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Hell, if you ever come to the States let me know, I'll show you around and let you see what the U.S. , and in particular NY, is all about. Then I'll take to bang hot chicks . Deal?. Peace my friend.
    We all have bad days and snap sometimes, your a good guy in my book bro

If your ever in sweden Il show you the swedish blond babes

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Yah, well, all bickering aside, I still like to know what folks outside the USA think about politics. It ain't good to only get news from US sources, especially since most of the news companies are owned by giant multi-national corporations like General Electric & etc. And to make things worse, the media companies are consolidating, so there's fewer and fewer different news companies, fewer and fewer reporters, and they're all chasing the news stories that will get 'em a fast buck, and passing up stories that take more time and effort.
    So . . . IMHO, the more news, the more informed opinions, the better. And my great-grandparents were Swedish, so that's cool, too . . . lol . . .
    ---Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Yah, well, all bickering aside, I still like to know what folks outside the USA think about politics. It ain't good to only get news from US sources, especially since most of the news companies are owned by giant multi-national corporations like General Electric & etc.
    Amen bro!!!

Being in Canada, we get news from the USA and our local stuff... neither of which are very reliable to get the world wide scope of whats going on.

Thats why I am completely HOOKED on shortwave radio broadcasts from all over the world. The best way to make up YOUR mind as to what to think about an event is to hear what people from around the world think about it.

Best way to do that is news broadcasts from around the world, and thanks to the web, people don't have to run out and buy shortwave radio receivers anymore to get world news... all world radio services have webcasts in english!

I personally listen to these stations newscasts regularely:

BBC World Service (UK)
    Voice of Russia
    Radio France Internationale
    Radio Suisse Internationale (Switzerland)
    Radio Deustchewelle (Germany)
    Radio Budapest (Hungaria)
    NHK World Radio Japan
    Radio Netherlands
    Radio Prague (Czech Republic)
    Radio Polonia (Poland)
    Radio Sweden
    Radio Slovakia International

All of those stations have interesting news, and amazing cultural shows (specially Voice of Russia!!!) Most of those stations can be listened to on the web in RealAudio and WinMedia at http://www.wrn.org/listeners/station...urrentLetter=1

Remember bros, minds are like umbrellas... they only work well when they are open. Listen to what the world has to say.

Red

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Being in Canada, we get news from the USA and our local stuff... neither of which are very reliable to get the world wide scope of whats going on.
    Remember bros, minds are like umbrellas... they only work well when they are open. Listen to what the world has to say.
    The news from the USA is reliable, but depending on which network you watch you can get different slants (conservate v liberal). If you listen to the Al Jazeer news in the Middle East, sure it is going to be different views than the US, but damn...when they can say that the USA isn't even in Iraq yet and we are... .

Anyway, I know what you are saying bro, but not sure of the degree of what you are saying. An umbrella doesn't work unless it is open, but if there's holes all in it, it still won't work worth a shit!

peace bro...

ttgb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information