Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Or at the very least, inform his family so they can take appropriate steps!

If you can't save your friend, at least let his wife and kids help themselves and maybe him.

(This may not be a great idea "friend wise" and may destroy his family even faster... but it may be the least dammaging for the wife and kids, and the wife may give him a bit of shock treatment... unless of course she already knows).

Red

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    I can tell you no from experience if he don't stop now it's going to get really ugly before it gets any better, if it ever gets better... and hes the only one who can do anything about it IMO... I feel bad for his kids.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    If he wont help himself... i hate to say it... let it go.
    Exactly!!! there is no helping some one who doesnt want to be helped...

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    What I would do would be to start to chip away at him subtley and as soon as possible. Start to punish him socially for things that he sacrifices for the drug. For example, if he is smoking, say to him, "Hey, don't you have to take care of your kid? He's going to miss you", and little things like that. He's not going to go cold turkey. So that's why I think the best thing to do is start slow and try to talk him out of it, but not directly. He will start to miss some things in his life that he has sacrificed due to the drug if you tell him about the things that he is missing. Than hopefully he will start to cut back.

Hope that helped. Good luck.

samoth is offline Member
    METH IS NOT ICE!!!!

Ice is 4-Methyl-Aminorex (4-Mar). This is different from methamphetamine. Although crystal meth is often passed as ice, it is NOT ice.

I hope your buddy actually knows what drug he is doing.

nj123 is offline Member
    i know people at my highschool that do meth and sometimes after doing it they stay up for 2 straight days or so. i like things like weed, shrooms, pain pills but i think theres a line that needs to be drawn... some drugs are just plain retarded to do

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    but i think theres a line that needs to be drawn... some drugs are just plain retarded to do
    Problem being that it is such a subjective line to draw.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    Problem being that it is such a subjective line to draw.
    Not really. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that crack, heroin, and meth are drugs that you just shouldn't even fucking think about taking. There's a reason we have words like "crackhead".

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    well theres names like pothead too.. many posts to read all the way through but.. tell him you are going to tell is wife.. see if he can do it first.. when it comes to issues like this giving my friends do this or something like that is of no help. i hate meth only did it once... meth is just dirty in my opinion... but yes addiction can be aweful tell him your going to tell his wife.. once a child is in the picture, your friendship clause goes out the window.. think big picture

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    Man, I feel bad for him. Am I the only one who knows how bad this **** really is? I hope to god for his wife's and child's sake he can stop. You know how people think that heroin is so bad? Well this 'ice' blows that **** away by far. More people successfully rehab from heroin than ice users by a huge number. Don't know the number but it is distrubing.
    im with you bro. ive done a whole lot of different drugs and meth (glass or ice or whatever you want to call it) is at the bottom of the line. its the lowest end. nothing good ever comes from a meth habit. like 50 said...trash. pure trash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information