Strut99GT is offline Member

Met Lou Ferrigno this weekend.

I went to a comic book convention in Arlington, and he was there at a "Hulk" booth. He would take a picture with you for $25, but I wasn't interested, to say the least. I'm not really one to get starstruck, I guess you could say.

Anyway, I just wanted to shake his hand, and when I did, he gave me the dead fish! If you don't know, that's when someone basically extends their hand but doesn't really "grasp," so you feel like you're shaking a limp noodle. So disappointing. I wanted to feel the crushing power, dammit!

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    I went to a comic book convention in Arlington, and he was there at a "Hulk" booth. He would take a picture with you for $25, but I wasn't interested, to say the least. I'm not really one to get starstruck, I guess you could say.

Anyway, I just wanted to shake his hand, and when I did, he gave me the dead fish! If you don't know, that's when someone basically extends their hand but doesn't really "grasp," so you feel like you're shaking a limp noodle. So disappointing. I wanted to feel the crushing power, dammit!
    Damn...what a letdown! I think it'd be great to meet Lou...especially after seeing him in Pumping Iron this weekend (i hadn't seen it until now).

On a similar note...do you judge people on the way they shake your hand? I had this conversation w/ a girlfriend the other day...I absolutely do...not to say it's what will make or break my impression of them...but i have a hard time respecting the limp noodle handshake...

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    i agree 100% on the hand shake thing. i'm not going to crush your hand but i will give you a firm hand shake. when someone gives you a limp handshake it is sort of like saying i don't care to know you. imo

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, he charges 25 bucks to take a picture with him... Hes just pissed that arnold is making a shit load of money and has done so much and all any one will remember him for is the hulk.... He just mad that he is #2...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Shit man I would've paid for it...If you can post a picture. I would have loved to meet Lou

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I would have rather met Arnold though...but then again Lou was the one who inspired me.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I saw him at the Olympia last year... when meeting the big guy in person, I had totally forgot he was hard of hearing...

From the first post, yeah, I do judge unconsciously to a certain degree by the handshake. I don't expect someone to be able to crush my hand or anything, but have some conviction about it, for God's sake!

And Warrior, yeah, I could definitely tell he was hard of hearing. As I went up to shake his hand, I said something along the lines of "I really respect your accomplishments in the world of weightlifting Mr. Ferrigno" and he appeared to have no idea what I was saying.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    thats sooooooooo disrespectful....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    damn Strugg I'm sorry to read that........Lou has always been a lifter I had admired.

A wet noodle! That's very disappointing. Hell yes a handshake says a lot about a guy. Limp noodle means he does not really care about meeting you. If the person you shake hands with rotates his grip where his is on top of yours it means he thinks he has more power (respect) than you. The opposite way means just the opposite, the person thinks you have more power (respect). If while shaking a persons hand they reach over and place their other hand around yours it means they consider you a friend..................or they want money. hahahaha

Raven8264 is offline Junior Member
    I remember one guy trying to crush my hand when I first met him, like it was a f'kng contest or something to see who was stronger. I wanted to say something at first, but then realized he was showing the kind of person he was..someone with a huge insecurity issue.

Goes both ways I guess.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    i agree 100% on the hand shake thing. i'm not going to crush your hand but i will give you a firm hand shake. when someone gives you a limp handshake it is sort of like saying i don't care to know you. imo
    I agree and hate that shit

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I just lost alot of respect for him

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hehe I never had respect for Lou.. always seemed like the cry baby who "got robbed"

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strut99GT
    From the first post, yeah, I do judge unconsciously to a certain degree by the handshake. I don't expect someone to be able to crush my hand or anything, but have some conviction about it, for God's sake!

And Warrior, yeah, I could definitely tell he was hard of hearing. As I went up to shake his hand, I said something along the lines of "I really respect your accomplishments in the world of weightlifting Mr. Ferrigno" and he appeared to have no idea what I was saying.
    Have you guys ever seen him on the Howard Stern show? I swear the only reason they have him on is because he's hard of hearing.....they just make fun of him and he never hears what they are saying...but it's not like he smart enough to be able to make a comeback even if he could hear when they are mocking him.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Have you guys ever seen him on the Howard Stern show? I swear the only reason they have him on is because he's hard of hearing.....they just make fun of him and he never hears what they are saying...but it's not like he smart enough to be able to make a comeback even if he could hear when they are mocking him.
    Honestly, it makes me sort of sad to hear that. Poor bastard!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Ive never been a fan of lou........he sounded like such a pussy in pumping iron .........I want more weight.....I wanna beat emmmm.....sounds like an italian mike tyson

Thread Information