markas214 is offline Senior Member

How effective is a gunshot to the head?

I just thought I'd throw this one in because nowadays there are a lot of punks packing. While most aren't proficient marksmen it's hard to miss from a few feet away. This is another reason to walk rather than fight. A 110 lb street punk could blow away even the biggest and baddest among us.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    i dont know but isnt bdtr bulletproof................although i think a gunshot to the head might pretty effective

hoss827 is offline Banned
    You smart-arsses....

cjp85 is offline Member

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    That was horrible

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    thats gotta be fake.....

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess it depends if you are ugly to begin with, cause you are going to be alot uglier if you get shot in the head...

ADVICE: keep clear away from the ghetto folks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    what do they mean attempted suicide ?? that dude looks pretty much dead to me.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    hey lots of people have lived from gunshots to the head.... just plain lucky though.

but if you use your super ninja speed hoss you can grab then gun, rip it from his hands, and knife-edge his throat!!!!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes a finger in the ass is effective.
    Oops sorry. Wrong thread.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    If I lived through that, I would try to kill myself again. Wonder what that looks like after its all healed

Gaylord Focker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur

Was thinkin the same thing...attempt to me means tried and failed, that seemed like a successful attempt if i ever saw one.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Bouncer you bastard......look what you started.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    A head shot is too risky IMO if you arent properly trained, but the head shot is the best way to insure incapacitation. The most effective shot is a CNS shot. Hopefully noone on AR will ever have to use this.

Pelvis shots are extremely painful (very often fatal, due to the massive blood loss that is likely) as well as debilitating. You can no longer walk because your pelvic girdle collapses and there is no support for your legs.

6 shots to the chest goes with the preface that, even with a vest on, you will be rather messed up. Vests are not designed to take that kind of shots into one area and the blunt trauma will be pretty substantial. This is not used by any departments that I know, but I have practiced this drill in various training.

The most effective shot (by far) for immediate incapacitation is the CNS shot. Head shots are good, but unless you have a proper CNS hit, there is still a likely muscle twitch response. To insure no muscle twitch the aim is to hit a 1' band between the pupils of the eyes and then a 1 " band from the bridge of your nose to nearly the tip of your nose. This is the t-band that we were tought to target in sniper school. This is the ideal target.

A shot anywhere in the head with a rifle will probably do the trick, particularly a .308. Hand gun rounds can have varying degrees of effectiveness. You must aim pretty close to center on any head shot with a handgun, as the skull is very tough to penetrate and there are numerous documented situations of rounds penetrating the skin and then traveling around the head under the scalp, not penetrating the skull... and these are often significant calibers, to include .45s.

Once the determination to shoot is made, my goal is to stop them as soon as possible. If the 1st round or 2 in the chest don't do the job, I am moving up to the head. I'll shoot until the threat is gone (the subject laying down or threatening weapon unable to hurt me/someone else), whether that is with my presence, 1 shot or a couple reloads.

PP
    Last edited by PurePower; 12-17-2003 at 12:33 AM.

wo....

**** pure power... you know how to kill a thread dont you?

there are some crazy mofos out there ya always got to be ready

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    there are some crazy mofos out there ya always got to be ready
    i was thinking about being a cop... I dont think i can now with the one eye thing though.

And big holes=blood loss= death (sooner or later). It's that sooner or later thing that bothers me. I've seen video of a high school teacher working at a 7-11 type store part time. She took 2 shots of .357mag at point blank into the chest. Pieces of her heart and lungs were onthe wall behind her. If there was a team of the best doctors there, they'd not be able to save her. Being dead onher feet, she ran around the counter and more than 20' to the door leading to the back room. She then dialed 911 3 times (the first 2 gave her busy signals) and then spoke to dispatch (screming) for about 20 seconds before she became unconscious.

IF she were a determined threat, high on drugs, the threat would be there plenty long enough to do serious harm to you. You can continually hit the deadly wound that already exists. I don't know about you, but I'd go for a head shot.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    ok...............i think ive figured ouy the most effective thing........................................a gunshot to the nuts.........................that seems like it would be pretty effective, what do yall think??

im a sick twisted bastard Huh? =-)

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Well . . . this is a cheerful subject . . .

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    A gun shot wound to the head. Well that depends on the person, I mean take President Bush he's your typical empty head so its effects would be minimal hehehe...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    A gun shot wound to the head. Well that depends on the person, I mean take President Bush he's your typical empty head so its effects would be minimal hehehe...

What about a throatshot? That would mean either decapetation or no air so he'd die for sure.
    Have you seen the pics of people getting big breadknives stabbed true the head and the ****ers still live! How sick is that?

I think your odds on making a headhsot on a moving target are really low, even if you are a trained soldier. A CNS shot......infintely close to zero. As I understand it in a close quarter confromtation, a CNS shot is pointless. More of a sniper in a hostage situation move.

Im no firearm expert but it seems to me the most effective would be an incapacitate, then execute strategy. Given a six round clip and a target in a 15ft radius I would fire the first 4-5 shots at the torso and the remaining 1 or 2 at the head after the target was partailly incapacitated. Bump for opinions of military boys.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I think your odds on making a headhsot on a moving target are really low, even if you are a trained soldier. A CNS shot......infintely close to zero. As I understand it in a close quarter confromtation, a CNS shot is pointless. More of a sniper in a hostage situation move.

Im no firearm expert but it seems to me the most effective would be an incapacitate, then execute strategy. Given a six round clip and a target in a 15ft radius I would fire the first 4-5 shots at the torso and the remaining 1 or 2 at the head after the target was partailly incapacitated. Bump for opinions of military boys.
    it all depends on the situation.

and it also depends on how good of a shot you are. =-)

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich

BDTR is offline Retired
    Well for someone who has been shooting now atleast 3x a week for the past 12 years, Id go for a chest shot unless the target was fairly close, i wouldn't want to miss and have bullets zinging around at bystanders etc.. Then again, i got a 9mm round in my chest and gut and i didn't fall and managed to walk to my car and drive to the hospital so it does worry me how uneffective a body shot can be, i have no doubt if it hit me in the skull id be dead. Personally if i caught someone breaking into my house i would unload every single round in my firearm into his crotch... just to be an asshole. Then id make sure he lived.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Personally if i caught someone breaking into my house i would unload every single round in my firearm into his crotch... just to be an asshole. Then id make sure he lived.
    I like it...but crotch shots are oftern fatal. A local recently shot someone in the groin...killing him in mere moments. Now that sick**********************************is rotting in jail. He took $2k to kill the guy. It worked.

You could also ref PP's post above.

Now B, if you need to inflict lots of gunshot dammage to the groin...and still have fun...you need something like a .22. A bit risky...but more fun if it works.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich

I don't know why, but this is the ****ing funniest thing I've read!!!! I can't stop laughing.....

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    how effective is a gun shot to the head, is all about the caliber too? shotgun seem pretty effective if you use shells for duck hunting... short range i think...

btw can you run headless like a chiken, grab a gun and kill someone? never heard of that yet but if you have any tales about that plz share!!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    That picture of the attempted suicide is majorly ****ed up....that guy has to be dead...Or at least I hope he is.

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85

Ah man, that pic is brutal. No-Way that thing is alive.
    I think they put the tubes there to make it look like it.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MachZ
    Ah man, that pic is brutal. No-Way that thing is alive.
    I think they put the tubes there to make it look like it.
    he can be alive, not for long but he can if its only is face that have collapse

slamd097 is offline Banned
    I had to put down the plate of speghetti after that picture. as far as gun shot wounds, well I waould say any gun shot wound wouldn't be a lot of fun. As PP, pointed out, A head shot sometimes does the job, but you have to be good. Imagine trying to hit the targets head at a gret distence away. The chest and 6 rounds would do it for sure. 45 ACP would make a good hole.

But Like Bermiech said, a finger in the ass will usually resolve any conflicts you might have with the person!

MachZ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico

Agreed, head shot are tough on a moving target and not very effective for anyone other than a real good pro marksman.
    I hunt moose and those things get over 1500lbs with a huge head but thats the last place I would shoot one, too many variables and you don't want to piss off a friggen moose at close range. Heart shots are ALWAYS effective, never more than 1 or 2 steps but mostly down instantly. Granted this is with a 30-06 as were not allowed to own/use handguns in Canada.

i usually carry a slingshot with me though. its easier to hit the CNS with one IMO.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate firearms... they fall in the hands of the wrong people way too often

Just out of curiosity...

How effective would a groin and inner thighs area be?

It is a substancial target, definetly incapacitating, nobody weard a vest down there, massive arterial traffic there (dammage to the femoral artery alone would be fatal in no time flat), and shattering the pelvis or femur is a distinct possibility.

Opinions?

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Red
    Extremely effective.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Just out of curiosity...

Red

Yes a gun shot wound to the venal artery would be devastating unless attended by a proper paramedic or combat medic. I think its delt with in graphic detail in the book 'Blackhawk down' when one of the guys is shot in the thigh and his Venal artery contracts. If you bleed out from a leg wound (Venal artery) you'd need someone who knows how to apply indirect presure to the artery in the groin with either his/her knee or rifle butt. Direct presure can be applied to a females Venal artery by applying pressure to the left inside of the ladies vagina. All this would have to be done before carrying out any CPR on the victim of course.. So REd, guess that answer's that question

Thread Information