Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    That will stay with me forever.

I was in an accident involving a drunk driver. We were heading towards each other, he lost control going 70 through a curving mountain. I ended up ramming into the side of his car in my own lane at 50. He died at 2.0 alcohol level. If he had a passenger, the passenger would have died. If I had a passenger, that passenger would have died. I would have had a passenger if I left 15 minutes earlier.
    I still cant drive on that road without thinking someone lost their life. It wasnt my fault but I saw the driver and walked over hoping to help in some way. There was no drivers side of the car. It was pushed into the passenger side completely.
    That was also on New Years Eve heading home. I do not drive on New Years Eve anymore.
    No matter how CAUTIOUS YOU DRIVE, there is NO AVOIDING accidents. You DO NOT have time to react even if you see it coming.
    Its like seeing photos, not videos. First photo is the car in your lane, next photo is all white, next photo is all black (air bag hopefully), next photo is the wrecked cars with the smell of sulfer from the air bags. Absolutely nothing you can do.
    I lost two other friends to drunk drivers.
    Last edited by bermich; 12-24-2003 at 01:06 AM.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    drunk drivers really get under my skin

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was younger i drove drunk once..more recently, ive driven after a couple beers a few of times..i did tonight..i only drank 3 beers..but ****, now i just feel terrible.
    ive pleaded with friends not 2 drive drunk then watched them drive off when they wouldnt listen..ive even gotten in cars with them..after scrolling down that page and reading that story im taking thier keys without question..thank you for posting this..

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    without clicking on the link, i know exactly what it is. my friend showed me a web page about her a few weeks ago. it freaked me out so bad, i was scared to get in my car >sober<. not only that, but i was scared to be in my house alone and sleep with the lights off. had to get the gf to cuddle me to sleep for a few nights.

its been a few weeks now, and the images are almost gone from my head. i'll never look at those pics again because it will scare me from driving period...

-- clocky

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    very sad....

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Wow...i must have missed this one. I can't tell you how many car accidents that we have been to where drunk drivers have been involved. Some make it and some don't. Some times it is almost better to be the latter. Sad but true.

Think boys and girls before you drink and drive or you may be meeting up with Shredz while he is scraping you off the road!!!!
    Last edited by Shredz; 01-20-2004 at 05:29 PM.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Thought i'd bump this back up...That's a horrible thing t o live with, and live through..Everyone be safe, please..

wiky is offline Junior Member
    Those pics... really... i just dont want to drive at all, but i need my car. I was in an accident involving a drunk driver too, bermich post remembered me. A friend and me was driving through Portugal (we are spanish) in a surfing travel when a car of the other side went in our road and hitted frontally the car in front of us and then we hitted that car backwards. We were not damaged at all, just the car, but when we went to see how the other people was my friend saw that in the car in wrong way was a drunk portuguese SLEEPING over the steering wheel and in the other car was a KO girl with the head full of blood (she was ok when ambulance arrived). The thing is that when my friend (hes boxer too) saw the blood of the girl and the sleepy drunk he couldnt keep his instincts and take the drunk guy through the car window and began to use it as a boxing bag, i waited 5 seconds and then said him to stop hitting the guy (no fair when he was still slept). When road police arrived the guy didnt stop saying "that guy hitted me... that guy hitted me" ("esse homem bateume") but when the policeman smelled the guy he seemed to think "i would have hitted you too" and told as to continue travelling with a smile in his face.

Just found out a friend of mine was in a wreck....She was hit by a drunk driver. I remembered this thread..and thought i'd bump it back up. Shes gonna be okay..the driver lived too...But I just think about what could have happend and it gives me chills...

-Near to the door ,he paused to stand. As he took his class ring, off of her hand. All who we're watching, did not speak. As a silent tear ran down his cheek. And through his mind the memories ran. Of the moments they walked ,and ran in the sand. For he would never again have her to hold. As he bent near and whispered the words, "I LOVE YOU" in her ear. He touched her face and started to cry, as he put on his ring and wanted to die. And just then the wind began to blow, as they lowered her casket into the snow. This is what happens, to man alive. When friends let friends, drink and drive....

Be safe everyone..

--Hoss

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I realize that this probably isn't going to change any of your behavoirs, but i sincerely hope that it will. Don't drink, or do any other impairing substances, and drive. Whether your liscence gets suspended and you lose your car, or you kill/maim yourself or another, eventually you WILL regret it.

I plan on changing bro...I'm not going to do any of the things i've been doing anymore.. I think about what could have happend, and it scares the hell out of me..And i also think about if it was me that was driving behind the wheel, and someone just hit me out of nowhere because they were drunk. I became killed, or parylized..Then i think of myself as the driver, I couldn't live by causing someone that much pain for themselves and their familys..

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    I never drive drunk at all. Even if I have a small amount of alcohol I always have someone drive me home. Becuase you never know what could happen.

~BG~

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    bro that was so sad. it actually brought a tear to my eye. that was so horrible. that girl was so beautiful and now her life is fcuked!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    never been in an accident while driving drunk but i feel like kicking my own a$$ right now for ever doing it. That S**t is over for me

ttuPrincess Guest
    That's horrible..... I knew before I even opened the link that it would be her.... She is from the small town across the lake from my hometown... I didn't know her well, but the people I work with do and I met her once and she has the warmest personality..... it is so sad that something like that has to happen to such a good person, or to anyone infact..... everyone be safe everytime you drink. Call a cab.. it's much less expensice then a DUI or DWI and way les costly then your life!!!!!

I still cry whenever I see that....That's horrible that something like that happened to such a wonderful person.. Why do bad things have to happen to good people?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information