Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Small Bouncers

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What about protection and weapons? I dont know how the club scene works in the US, over here every bouncer uses a bulletproof vest and knifegloves etc. What about you guys? What rights do you have to use violence?

As for size, yes the intimidation factor is importent but i think you need a brain aswell and skills in fighting.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    A buddy of mine has been bouncing for years and he is only 5'10 170lbs tops. Now don't get me wrong this guy is an amazing fighter and has been training in many forms of fighting for years. The fact that everyone usually knows who he is and what damage he can do works well for him. He hasn't had any major problems that he has spoke of.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    What about protection and weapons? I dont know how the club scene works in the US, over here every bouncer uses a bulletproof vest and knifegloves etc. What about you guys? What rights do you have to use violence?

As for size, yes the intimidation factor is importent but i think you need a brain aswell and skills in fighting.
    This is a good question palme, In the city (downtown area) we do pat downs and use a wand (metal detector) to try an get as many weapons as we can at the front door.. I've never seen anyone wear a bulletproof vest to work before, but i have a pair of sap gloves (lead filled knuckles, and they are puncture proof) I picked them up for those raves i was working, cause i had to do pat downs for drugs and weapons at the door.. Other then that Our rights are: Don't fuk em up too bad, All trouble leaves the bar no matter what.. No starting fights, but by all means you fight to defend yourself. Thats about it..

skinnywuss is offline New Member
    I've never been a bouncer before, but my friend just bought a bar/lounge in Manhatten so hes been begging me to work there. Ill prob start working there mid april im looking foward to it. I told him he has to give me 200 a night ill be starting at 6'1 240 7.5%bf i was also wondering if i was going to be to small. But he knows im a good talker and can handle myself when i have too.

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    This is a good question palme, In the city (downtown area) we do pat downs and use a wand (metal detector) to try an get as many weapons as we can at the front door.. I've never seen anyone wear a bulletproof vest to work before, but i have a pair of sap gloves (lead filled knuckles, and they are puncture proof) I picked them up for those raves i was working, cause i had to do pat downs for drugs and weapons at the door.. Other then that Our rights are: Don't fuk em up too bad, All trouble leaves the bar no matter what.. No starting fights, but by all means you fight to defend yourself. Thats about it..
    The lead filled knuckle gloves are popular here too, im getting a pair, its good to have a edge and not having to worry about your hands getting to ****ed up after 2 blows.
    Do you use metal detectors? We arent allowed...its a infringement in a persons private life, can you belive that?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    hey monster, u happen to know this guy that works around detroit named jessy? my buddy is friends with him, hes probly 5'11 or so about 270 and ripped. i know he use to work up at double olive in dearborn but dont think hes been there in a while....

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    although around here (south florida), pretty much all the bouncers i see are huge, I think a big part of their advantage comes in numbers. Every club/bar i go to has a ton of bouncers. So even if they are medium sized guys, it is still one a**hole, againts all of the bouncers. I think it has to do with where you are at to....In south florida, it seems everyone is jacked and ripped. I go to school in the midwest, and i am one of the 'big guys on campus at 6'3'' 225lb...back home, i'm an average joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    hey monster, u happen to know this guy that works around detroit named jessy? my buddy is friends with him, hes probly 5'11 or so about 270 and ripped. i know he use to work up at double olive in dearborn but dont think hes been there in a while....
    Black or white guy? I can't say I have.. Does he have a nickname? Hmmmm.. I hear there are a few big bros on the west side at Frankies, but i havn't gone in there yet, just from what i hear..

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    nah hes white, just thought u might know him, hes one jacked dude, he was runnin fina a while back and repping 225 on straight bar for curls, and yea there are some big ass dudes at frankies, go up there occationally being i live about 3 blocks away....

The lead filled knuckle gloves are popular here too, im getting a pair, its good to have a edge and not having to worry about your hands getting to ****ed up after 2 blows.
    Do you use metal detectors? We arent allowed...its a infringement in a persons private life, can you belive that?
    Yes, depends on the paticular crowd when we do pat-downs, and use the metal detector.. I've actually worked with some raw ass bitches before.. Talk about tuff, there is a reason they got big rings on every finger.. haha.. At the bigger clubs, they usually have one designated chick, or a female bouncer to pat-down women, and to check the females bathrooms.. thats bout it though

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with alot of you all, like btdr said, some jobs pay ****. I used to bounce at a strip club and I would walk out every night at over 200$ in my pocket... But you deal with some real werdos. I dont know, I have a bad temper, thats why sometimes bouncing becomes a problem with me, but intimidation factor is huge. Although im big, i know how to brawl so when it comes down to it, im a recking house... I would say though if your good with people, intimidating, and can catch a problem before it gets to far, your not goin to run into much trouble...

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Many years ago in my part of the hood.
    Bouncing was a job for the big mother****ers, most of the time BB, or real mean big ****s, and the pay was good as hell too.

Now everyone can be a bouncer, it all depends of who you know. Here big clubs will have 1 or 2 real bouncers, the rest are parasites that do crowd control.

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I have to work tomorrow and I just recieved a death threat the otherday and they both said they'd be back saturday night to "slit my f*ckin throat".....yeah we'll see.
    Whats up bro, do your L.I. AR brothers have to come there and clean house?.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    Whats up bro, do your L.I. AR brothers have to come there and clean house?.
    Yea bro im with ya

Oh, one point I'd like to make in realtion to height and body weight. The two of them together to not necessarily equal strenght or toughness. I see guys at my guy that are taller than me all the time. And 9 out of 10 times they are not even close to being as strong as me. Also alot of times I see guys that have a high body weight, and i watch them bench to see what they can get, and I swear most of these guys **** ing struggle with like 185lbs or less. And I think to myself all that mass they have is useless. I'm 200lbs ( I'll prob be like 215-225 by mid July, I hope) and I bench over 300. So weighing in at 250+ lbs dosen't always mean everything, nor does being over 6'1. It's an indivudal thing.

I agree im the same weight as you and i can bench 300+ when im under 200. But on the other hand i do see some flat blobs benching crazy numbers then they curl 25 pound dumbells ....

LOL... You guys took off with this one.. haha... Just be smart, use your head when you work.. It's just a job, don't take anything personal.. Strength plays a role, because if need to remove someone, It helps if you can move the weight around in the gym, but if you are bozo, and make a wrong move, then chances are you will end up in the hospital..

Yo Rage & Fighter, I had another one of my friends ask me if I want a job bouncing on Fire Island this summer . This one pays $100 a night. But fire island comes with more benefits than just money . Yo, fighter I'm telling you bro you should roll with me, I can hook you up.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Ive never hit anything with sap gloves that didnt get knocked out for atleast 10 minutes after. I wear mine the entire winter when i go out, no one can see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Ive never hit anything with sap gloves that didnt get knocked out for atleast 10 minutes after. I wear mine the entire winter when i go out, no one can see the difference.
    Yeah man im thinking about doing that too

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Yo Rage & Fighter, I had another one of my friends ask me if I want a job bouncing on Fire Island this summer . This one pays $100 a night. But fire island comes with more benefits than just money . Yo, fighter I'm telling you bro you should roll with me, I can hook you up.

No **** ....what kinda place is it? Bro I'll def get with you on this job man let me know what you're gonna do with it and when you'll be able to do it.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    No **** ....what kinda place is it? Bro I'll def get with you on this job man let me know what you're gonna do with it and when you'll be able to do it.

yo whats up man you cant hook a brother up? im 6'1 240 BIATCH.. but im fat.. and a sissy AGHHHH.. nah seriously whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    yo whats up man you cant hook a brother up? im 6'1 240 BIATCH.. but im fat.. and a sissy AGHHHH.. nah seriously whats up?
    Elliot you got a pretty good size, You should bounce bro.. Here's what you do: Always be nice, when you throw someone out choke them as hard as you can, look out for bottles, and watch your crews back.. It's common sense.. If you get into sh!t remember you are sober, they are drunk.. You always got an edge..

hey monster come to NY for the summer we'll throw people out together

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for those ideas of bars Monster. Actually Rain is right by my house but it seems trashy as f*ck. Like I said, it would be cool just as a part time job on the weekend and what not. I can always use the extra cash.

What im a chopped liver ? I want some action too ! My big bulkers comming up soon should end up at 6 foot 225 and pretty lean by summer.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Elliot you got a pretty good size, You should bounce bro.. Here's what you do: Always be nice, when you throw someone out choke them as hard as you can, look out for bottles, and watch your crews back.. It's common sense.. If you get into sh!t remember you are sober, they are drunk.. You always got an edge..

monster when you come to ny can i practice on you ?

HAHA.. Unfortunatley bro, I work at the best **** club up here during the summer, I've been there for 3 years and this bar can be compared to south beach or rio.. There is always action.. I've been reading your guys threads, and the hamptons sounds like its good times.. I'll think about it, I got alot of family on LI, maybe i can work somethign out with my uncles and get some side work for the summer, and work the bars with you bros on the weekends..

good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    Thanks for those ideas of bars Monster. Actually Rain is right by my house but it seems trashy as f*ck. Like I said, it would be cool just as a part time job on the weekend and what not. I can always use the extra cash.
    Ya Rain is defintley hiring, probally a good place to get your feet wet is emerald theather.. The pay isn't the greatest, but its a good place to learn the trade..

Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    What im a chopped liver ? I want some action too ! My big bulkers comming up soon should end up at 6 foot 225 and pretty lean by summer.
    I'll let you and Elliot, know whats up. But me and fighter got history togther on this board . So I have to give him first choice . In any event I have to find out more about it my self, my guy said he was serious, but I want to be certain before I go shooting my mouth off. But I think it's on the level. Oh, fighter to answer your question, I don't know which place it would be, but prob def ocean beach area . I don't know how well all of you know Fire Island, but that's where alot of people our age hang out. Plus it's filled with hot girls in the summer. And more thing fighter, I got my Tren /Prop cycle coming up in May, so If I do mind up bouncing this summer, I'll start of nice and mean . And prob 20lbs heavier than I am now.

What's this the bouncer thread.LOL I am a a bouncer and trust me I doesn't matter what size you are them s.o.b's get drunk and they are ten foot tall and bullet proof. Just this past weekend I had some little **** test me and I'm 6'3 260. I t was fun I got to smash a couple guys head against the pool tables after the brawl broke out. Yeah man if you want to bounce do it size does not matter.

Whatcha gonna do brother.....

I'll let you and Elliot, know whats up. But me and fighter got history togther on this board . So I have to give him first choice . In any event I have to find out more about it my self, my guy said he was serious, but I want to be certain before I go shooting my mouth off. But I think it's on the level. Oh, fighter to answer your question, I don't know which place it would be, but prob def ocean beach area . I don't know how well all of you know Fire Island, but that's where alot of people our age hang out. Plus it's filled with hot girls in the summer. And more thing fighter, I got my Tren /Prop cycle coming up in May, so If I do mind up bouncing this summer, I'll start of nice and mean . And prob 20lbs heavier than I am now.
    \Bro where do you work out at and where do you live at? Of we can do this we should hit the gym together if we can and just go nuts on our cycles.

\Bro where do you work out at and where do you live at? Of we can do this we should hit the gym together if we can and just go nuts on our cycles.
    I'll pm you later with details, when I know more.

Check this, just a suggestion.. cause my buddy and I run somethign like that up here.. John you gather as many experienced bros with good size, and who are professional.. You tell your boy or whoever you can staff that bar with professional, big, experienced guys, and you got yourself in.. You get the idea, thats how to run things bro..

Check this, just a suggestion.. cause my buddy and I run somethign like that up here.. John you gather as many experienced bros with good size, and who are professional.. You tell your boy or whoever you can staff that bar with professional, big, experienced guys, and you got yourself in.. You get the idea, thats how to run things bro..
    Sounds good. I'm pretty much in already, my guy approched me with the offer out of nowhere, but your idea makes sense. This is cool, we have like an summer job program going on here at AR .

Sounds good. I'm pretty much in already, my guy approched me with the offer out of nowhere, but your idea makes sense. This is cool, we have like an summer job program going on here at AR .
    It's just a suggestion, me and all my buddys got so sick and tired of working with bozos, and making peanuts.. Now I have bars that have my number that call me to staff say a private party, or a some special event.. The only bad part is, there isn't enough of us to staff that many bars each paticular weekend.. Oh well, its just an idea..

It's just a suggestion, me and all my buddys got so sick and tired of working with bozos, and making peanuts.. Now I have bars that have my number that call me to staff say a private party, or a some special event.. The only bad part is, there isn't enough of us to staff that many bars each paticular weekend.. Oh well, its just an idea..
    I'm going to try it. It could open doors for alot of other places too. You never know.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Monster, can I ask what bar you bounce at that you say is just like South Beach??? If you want to PM me with it, I dont want to be all up in your business but I am curious. I will be 21 soon and maybe I'll come check out those hot spots.

Don't mean to bump such an old thread, but I start bouncing on Thursday.One of my friends hooked me up with the job. All I have to do now is meet the owner, but my guy told him all about me, and aparently there is no problem. Its only one night a week but it's $150 for the night and the hours are from 10-4. By the way I'm 5"7 (5"8 with my Doc Martens on ) 210lbs.

Beernutz is offline Member
    to be honest i would be more afraid of a thin guy with the word security across his t-shirt at a bar. You know that guys there for his ability to whip a$$ and not for the intimidation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information