Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Books...esp College Textbooks

Just a little hint for you college students out there...when I started going back to school, the books were killing me. I searched on the internet for used text books and I found a site that finds the cheapest place to buy the book for you and links you to it. You type in the ISBN and it will tell you all the sites (Half.com, Amazon.com, Etc and links you there.

Also, if you are tired of your college buying back your book that you paid 150.00 for a lovely $15.00, set up your own account on Half.com. It doesn't take long, you set your own price and Half.com pays the shipping and takes a small commission. I managed to sell every text book I had to pay for the next semester's set of books.

Anyway....just wanted to share that with you college students and the few parent's of college students (not that many of you are old enough to be that).

I listed most of my old books, kids movies and games on there and have brought in about 500.00 getting rid of that crap. There's a new way to fund your next cycle.

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

ttuPrincess Guest
    thanks for the info CB... sweet more beer money for the 1st week of summer!!!!

LOL in the last week alone I've shipped out $125.00+ worth of old text books, movies and paperbacks. Beats having a yardsale !!!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I searched on the internet for used text books and I found a site that finds the cheapest place to buy the book for you and links you to it.
    C.B.
    What was the site that you found? Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by sublang; 03-06-2004 at 03:30 AM.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Thumbs up

You can also check the book stores for the books.

As I was looking around in a B. Dalton book store, my gf at the time picked up a book on writing and handed it to me because I like to write. It looked interesting to me and was marked down to $3. So I bought it. Two weeks later, I was at working police security at a welfare food stamp distribution center and one of the sexy women working there was studying her university textbook. I noticed the cover and I asked her where did she buy the book. She told me that she paid $35 at the university book store on campus. I went to my car to show her that I had the same book and she was p/o'ed when I told her what I'd pay for it.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    ya, half.com kicks ass and you can usually get the teachers editions of most books.

Quote Originally Posted by sublang
    What was the site that you found? Thanks for the info.
    Sorry I forgot to put that in there.

http://www.campusi.com

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    The trick is to find students who have already taken the course and still have the book.....and beat them up on the price.......really easy to to with the average student. Post a list of the books you want every semester on your department's bulletin board and make em come to you. You will get many calls, trust me on that one. Especially in a larger college where it's likely you can find one person who has all 4-5 books you need.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    sweetie www.bigwords.com i got all my books for 135$ instead of 475$.. where have you guys been? and as chicka said beat them on the price.. i say just beat them hopefully thier a weakling and cant fight back

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Half.com saved me tonsss of cash. Good service.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    Half.com saved me tonsss of cash. Good service.
    ditto when I was going to school

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Heard another good thing to do is order them from www.amazon.co.uk Something about how books in the USA are WAY marked up and not worldwide...

Symian is offline Member
    Cool! Thanks for the info, CB.

Sym

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i get all my books at half.com

DirtyPaul is offline New Member
    Well, i have been lerking in the shadows for a while reading all the posts and i have to comment on this post! I bought my books today, i had to get 5 and it cost me 373 bucks! I was on fire! Anyways a nice little tip, if you want more money out of your books when your trying to resell them, post them on amazon.com or any book site where you give a price! Usually you can ask close to what you paid and get it! Its very easy and that just a quick tip, on how to try to get your money back! Cause buying college books is the largest scam in college!

Thread Information