Thread: oil rigs???

musclehead1 is offline Member

oil rigs???

hey bros, im thinking of working on a rig during the summer i was jus wondering if any of the bros here have? If u could please tell me a few things, how do u maintain ur gains (i wont be on the water this is a land one and we will be living in an apartment so i would be able to go to tha gym) but the thing is that u work 12 hr days and sumtimes dont get a break so i may be starving my body or would i be able to sneak sum protein shakes? Also what are the working conditions like if i have the sh!ts would i be able to run to the bathroom(id prolly start as the bitch). thanks for the help

decadbal is offline Banned
    i worked on a oil rig for 37 years, and ill tell you first hand we were all top level am. bodybuilders, other than the times we actually worked, we sat around, traded aas and ate all day, so no worries you can **** till u cant **** no mo. ive never worked on a rig, some guys i know tried it and they were by no means lazy or had bad work ethics and they said it was super hard, and i doubt youll have much time an your free time youll wanna shower and rest id think...i hope it works out bro..gluck

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i worked on a oil rig for 37 years
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    ive never worked on a rig
    Which one is it!?

Swellin Guest
    Same thing got me! I think he might have been quoting someone, but forgot to quote them.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Which one is it!?

I was reading that right?

im confused on that too did u work there or not?
    also bump for more replies please, thanks

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I had a thread about this not to long ago, got alot of good replies.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I worked on a pulling unit for a while during High School.....very labor intensive work....try not to get the crow's nest either....being down on bottom sucks too....you have to really depend on each other also....good hard work....

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I have no experience . . . but I have heard that it is dangerous work. Lots of guys lose fingers and have other serious injuries doing that kind of work. But they do pay well. I guess it all depends on what you are willing to risk.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Which one is it!?
    Well he was born in '79. I'm confused too. decadbal clarify what you meant.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i was Jokin.....sorry for my bad grammar on that one, i was tired and bout to crash...

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    pends what type of rig your on... single, double, triple, offshore...etc... you'll be a lease hand at first, work up to roughneck in the time you'll be working... lease hand can best be defined as being a bitch, you'll understand better when you get there... when your on the floor, roughnecking, get ready for very intense labour, a lot of the work depends on the job.... what your diggin for = depth of hole, long hitches for most doubles, triples is about 3 months from setup, get ready to work a 12 hour shift, tripping out is a bitch, but u'll get used to it.... longer hitches are better with respect to setting up, setting up rigs is a pain in the ass... but you wont have much time for working out.. a lot of that depends on where your lease is, i wouldnt suggest being on the juice when working, almost impossible to workout after you tripped out for 12 hours, also you eat on the fly, so its hard to maintain a diet and also get food which can even possibly be considered to be part of a diet... for taking ****s.... it all depends on what your doing... taking ****s is largely timing it to whats happening in the hole.... working conditions... a mother*****r you dont stop working EVER, if its snowing, raining, anything you keep goin, after about 3 weeks most people get bushed... my personal longest hitch was 7 weeks and i was completely fcuked when i came out, mentally/physically you become a machine, wake up at 5:45am, get to job 6:55, work 7 to 7, back to camp/hotel at 8, eat, showered, sleep..repeat

get ready for 60' wrenches, tongs and hope like **** your not on a single with no pipe spinners

ft-

tebb11 is offline New Member
    I was waiting for a good old alberta boy to reply to this topic. Working on the rigs is not something you should jump into, lots of people think no big deal I can deal with 12 hour days. It is not just the days, it is everthing else, like the people, the fact that you are coverd in **** all day long or that 12 hour days end up turning into 16 hour days. To work on a rig you have to be a special kind of guy. Most guys that think that they can hang dont last till the end of the day before they are kicked off the lease. There are alot of other jobs in the patch that promote a heathier lifestyle and still pay well. Look around.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    DecadBal that was one hilarious typo man.

Quote Originally Posted by tebb11
    I was waiting for a good old alberta boy to reply to this topic. Working on the rigs is not something you should jump into, lots of people think no big deal I can deal with 12 hour days. It is not just the days, it is everthing else, like the people, the fact that you are coverd in **** all day long or that 12 hour days end up turning into 16 hour days. To work on a rig you have to be a special kind of guy. Most guys that think that they can hang dont last till the end of the day before they are kicked off the lease. There are alot of other jobs in the patch that promote a heathier lifestyle and still pay well. Look around.

any suggestions as to what other kind of employment that pays as well?
    im a college student jus lookin for summer work but i dont wanna be working as a gas jockey or nuthin min wage... i wouldnt even mind working 2 jobs but nowadays most employers dont want u to do that so ur schdules dont conflict

Thread Information