Thread: Gracie

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member

Gracie

if you know the name then you know what i am talking about. i am so siked i just started taking this class were the instructer was trianed with the gracie family mostly horce, and he is teaching 6 of us the gracie style of fighting, throw that in with my 7 years of wresling and i am just going to go around picking fights

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    your gonna be a helluva grappler.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    throw that in with my 7 years of wresling and i am just going to go around picking fights
    Way to make the sport look bad and give the rest of us a bad name...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    Way to make the sport looks bad and give the rest of us a bad name...
    i figured he was joking

i was jokeing, i don't pick fights i settle them

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what an opportunity . . . I'd love to do that. Good luck with that bro. Remember to tapout BEFORE you hear the cracking and crunching noises.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    It's Royce Gracie...... Although its pronounced like hoyce........Russian Sambo against BJJ.......hmm Emelianenko Fedor or Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera???? The gracies are very good actually............well except when it comes to Kazushi Sakuraba....he beat every gracie he faced....including Royce.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea i was thinkin it was royce myself.....

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Way to make the sport look bad and give the rest of us a bad name...
    I was thinking the same thing, i hope gracie can teach him what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    I was thinking the same thing, i hope gracie can teach him what it's all about.
    The gracies arent exactly the best sportsman either.....just ask ryan, and daniel gracie.
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 03-11-2004 at 11:43 AM.

it isn't actually a gracie i am learning from, this guy is a cop, and i know what it is all about.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I studied at a brazilian jui-jitsu dojo in Michigan that was a Gracie dojo. I have met and trained with Royce, now they dropped the Gracie name and Saulo Riberio is the new guy in charge.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    C'Tommy, Even joking or back peddling you sound like the type of attitude we don't need in any combat sport.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    The gracies arent exactly the best sportsman either.....just ask ryan, and daniel gracie.
    No kiddin, Ryan is one mean sucka...

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    C'Tommy, Even joking or back peddling you sound like the type of attitude we don't need in any combat sport.
    i am not back peddling anything i am trying to understand it as much as i can i just start taking the class first day was tueday and he told us very little learning more as i go along

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    i am not back peddling anything i am trying to understand it as much as i can i just start taking the class first day was tueday and he told us very little learning more as i go along
    He's talking about what you said in your very first post in this thread......the part about picking fights.

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Lol, I train at Ricksons studio in West Los Angeles, and there's so many of these guys who think they're invincible. I hear these comments like, "Man, if I only knew back then what I know now." Most of these guys would get there a$$ kicked by an average guy. Half of them just hang on to my friggin gi like monkies and then make up stories of how they once beat up a guy almost my size. I kinda just laugh because its obvious they have self esteem issues, but I wouldnt want to make them cry by telling them theyre full of sh!t, or worse, let their egos get the best of them and then have them get their a$$ handed to them.

I dont know man training and actually fighting are two very different things....i mean i see black belts get their asses kicked by normal guys a lot more than i want to. You hear these stories of how this black belt beat up some guy who tried to rob them or something but in reality it's mostly because the guy robbing them was a p*ssy to begin with.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Did sakuraba beat Rickson? I don't think he did, and he was the best of the Gracies...
    Anyways, it's just like anything else...theory and applying theory are 2 different things! I roll around as much as possible to get the reflex's and insticts growing. I see guys that just run when it comes to open mat or sparring. I'm doing Thai-Jitsu which is more UFC techniques than anything (muai-thai, submission wrestling, BJJ, grappling, and boxing) no gi, just gi pants and a dojo shirt. It's just awesome! Better than any F*Kin cardio!

SID

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I dont know man training and actually fighting are two very different things....i mean i see black belts get their asses kicked by normal guys a lot more than i want to. You hear these stories of how this black belt beat up some guy who tried to rob them or something but in reality it's mostly because the guy robbing them was a p*ssy to begin with.
    What style black belts? Any legit BJJ is gonna be one tough Focker...I don't care if he doesn't have any standup training at all. He's gonna get you down and hurt you. Especially if you don't have any training...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    What style black belts? Any legit BJJ is gonna be one tough Focker...I don't care if he doesn't have any standup training at all. He's gonna get you down and hurt you. Especially if you don't have any training...
    Agreed. I know quite a few black belts in Karate that are very inexperienced in grappling and the want no parts of a fight with someone who is an expert on the ground, doesn't matter if they are 1st or 4th degree.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    goto www.bulshido.com (I think that's it) there all sorts of bjj vs judo, bjj vs win chung (wang chung) bjj vs tkd... it's funny how the bjj guys seem to do the best.
    my buddy is a huge wing chun (kung fu) guy and I showed him the bjj vs wing chun and he's like no way! Never happen...I'm like look bro, once you go down what does that stance or the chain punching do for you? Anyways, most martial arts guys believe theirs is the best.

SID

All you have to do is look at any of the UFC's, especially the early one's...Some kenpo guys did ok but most of the winners were schooled in kickboxing, wrestling, BJJ etc...

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    He's talking about what you said in your very first post in this thread......the part about picking fights.
    oh i see

Thread Information