Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member

do any of u bros feel small too?

im 5'5 194 lbs 15% bf with a 32 inch waist and i feel small. all my friends say **** ur gettin big and in class im referred to as the big guy. but i still feel small im currently on my off cycle and cant wait to start my next. is it just me or do any of u bros feel small also?

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    I feel small(er) Cause i'm dieting and am on very low carbs... But before this i was 264lbs at 6 feet so I don't feel small lol Just a little shrunk... You have to diet sometimes though to make the bigger gains

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    i think almost all of us feel that way, though a productive chest and shoulder workout tonight made me feel good, plus the fact that I've gained almost 10lbs since starting pct.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    fahdlfja had to write something cause my post count was 666 my appologies

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I forget what its called but there is a mental condition where no matter how big you get you see yourself as a small person. I think I have it to some extent but know better. Im 270lbs and dont ever feel big enough. At one time my goal was 250lbs and now im wanting 300lbs.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    I forget what its called but there is a mental condition where no matter how big you get you see yourself as a small person. I think I have it to some extent but know better. Im 270lbs and dont ever feel big enough. At one time my goal was 250lbs and now im wanting 300lbs.
    that so going to be me bro... just did my first cycle im up to 235 now... next cycle in shooting for 250 maybe a little more.. i figure i want to get to like 265 then cut down to 250 or so and be ripped like a mofo... i think if i achieve 250 ripped ill be a happy man....

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    I feel smaller whenever I lose that intense glycogen muscular feel (where you can flex so hard it hurts!). I could have 5" arms and still feel big if I have the pump (alright... so I'm exaggerating a little...).

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Nope......

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Nope......

there's always one

RollPlayer is offline Junior Member
    I always feel small. It's strange but I look at other people and feel small next to them even though I may have 30lbs on them. Kinda like with my father. He is only 175lbs, I am 206lbs but I don't FEEL bigger than him. There are other guys at the gym who tell me I'm getting huge, or they say they're not as big as me and I'm thinking they are..... It's very strange.

I'm 230 and I feel like a twig when I wake up in the mornings. After reading mags and working out alone for months. Sometimes I make a trip to the local gym to remind me how small everyone else is.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    It's called the Adonis complex... feeling small no matter how big you are. All of us on this board have it no doubt

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yep thats what it is. Adonis complex, from reading the desciption of it, it sounds simular to anorexia. people that suffer from anorexia can look at them selves in the mirror weighing 75lbs skin and bones and think they are fat. The Adonis complex is the exact opposite where a man can not feel like he is big enough. I think more of us suffer from this type of thing than we think. I myself can not relate to not being able to see myself being bigger than other people, But actually that is how myself I can tell I am large at all.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i feel small.. but that's because i AM small.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i'm cutting and just don't feel big unless i'm lifting and trying to get huge. it's like the second you're not bulking you feel like a twig. weird stuff. we all have a complex, that's ridiculous isn't it? hehe

beefydragon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoQuadzilla
    fahdlfja had to write something cause my post count was 666 my appologies
    LMAO!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    It's called the Adonis complex... feeling small no matter how big you are. All of us on this board have it no doubt
    I though someone refered to it as bigorexia..

somedude247 is offline Member
    when I'm feeling "small" it fuels my training to get bigger and stronger then ever...I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!

nobbythedonkey is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    i must have it, im bigger then most of my mates, a combination of muscle and recently getting fat.

i wont rest till im the biggest of all my bro's (muscle wise)

alabama is offline Associate Member
    i hate it when pple tell me im obessed with myself ,they dont undrstand that i have goals ,i may just start smackin everybody that says that its mainly just girls

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    I used to have it, now I just want to stay at 200 and be shredded. I'm heading into graduate school and I doubt I'll be having the time/energy/resources required to get big again. I've been as high as 230 on my 5'7 frame and I couldn't hardly move. Couldn't touch my head, could hardly wipe my ass, walking was a chore...

I'll keep my 5'7 200 and eventually lean build. Any bigger and I feel like crap!

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I feel the same way. I used to wanna get to like 185lbs shredded but then I wanted to be about 225lbs. So now I am about 210ish and want to try to just cut down a bunch of body fat at this weight. Its weird how goals always change.

Froggy is offline Member
    With age...at some point down the road...most will realize that the additional weight is no longer maintainable...I realized a while back that I'd never be 6'8" @ 360lbs.
    Now I'm going in the other direction...I've lost 25lbs of meat, through increased cardio & diet changes...I feel better.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Yes.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i feel small cause im short. im 200 at 5'7.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    if i felt big I would not be

1) wasting $$ and breaking the law to buy illegal drugs
    2) sticking needles into my body
    3) doing killer workouts that requre a week to revover from

yeah i feel small too

Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    im 5'5 194 lbs 15% bf with a 32 inch waist and i feel small. all my friends say **** ur gettin big and in class im referred to as the big guy. but i still feel small im currently on my off cycle and cant wait to start my next. is it just me or do any of u bros feel small also?

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    alot of lifters and BB's are very self conscious about this, i know i am. if i miss a couple days in the gym i feel really small.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    everybody says im big but when i look in the mirror i look small to myself

firefitr5287 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    Unless I am wrong, I believe it is called polydysmorphia. I is simply that you se a smaller person inthe mirror than is really there. I kinda equate it to a reverse anorexia in the fact that instead of thinking that you are always too big (anorexia) no matter how small you get, you have the opposite attitude... too small. I am 235 at 6'0 w/ 10-11% bf and I still feel small and fat eventhough i am regularly called "big guy", asked if I am on juice, or told that I am the biggest/strongest person at my gym at any particular time. I think it is a common trait among us BB's that gives us that attitude "I need to get bigger/more cut" and is the reason we do AAS.

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    When i miss a couple days from the gym i get depressed....like actual depression , like i dint try hard enough , or that im lazy.Its kinda good because i dont miss much.

But yes..i do feel small.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    ya, if you have goals to be a certain way that's cool, but i don't really have a liking for the guys that are always on the bulk cycle, they just want to get as big as humanly possible cause they think girls love it. if you're not bodybuilding for yourself first then you shouldn't be bodybuilding at all.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    If i miss a week or two at the gym i feel like i have lost a stone of muscle or more. I lose any confidence i may have gained. I dont think im big at all (5ft8 180 somthing?) isnt big but its larger then most regular people. But because they are all taller then me i feel small. But then again when i have been drinking i feel more confident and larger. Anyone else get the same feeling?

Executioner is offline Banned
    Same thing here.

When I see myself in pictures I'm always like "**** I looked big then" but when the pictures were taken I'm thinking 'I hope I don't look too small'.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    5'8" @ 235lbs plus 18 1/2" arms 50" chest and yes I feel tiny...
    Had some bro tell me the other day while shopping for a new
    piece of home gym equipment that he didn't get to many big
    guys in the store and was all excited showing me all the commerical
    quality stuff he had... when he said big guy I had to look around
    to see who he was talkin bout cus I always feel to **** small...
    Last edited by Jack87; 06-12-2004 at 11:59 AM.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    haha if it wasn't for the adonis complex I don't think this board would exsist for the most part. I look at it as a good thing actually because it teaches me never to settle for somthing (myself in this case) and to keep striveing to be bigger and better then the day before. Just my 2 cents on the mattert though.

crunchnpunch is offline Junior Member
    Its good to see so many people feel the same I am 5'9 200lbs with about 12% b/f so i am not very big yet I grew a lot from where i was but their is a lot of days were i feel tiny even though a lot of people at the gym say i am looking huge i think their just trying to be nice because they see how hard i am working

Duma is offline Associate Member
    the clinical term for it is BDM, or Body Dysmorphic Disorder.....manifests itself in men and is like an inverse to women who suffer from anorexia nervosa.
    --Duma

let's see at 6'1 228 pounds bf around 18%, yes i feel totally average. always trying to bet bigger.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    I know what you mean. Everyone calls me the big guy too...or "big rick". Yet, sometimes i still feel strong. that seems to be what everyone thinks. I had my shirt off at the beach the other day and everyone was impressed, but i wasnt. I guess its cuz i see myself everyday

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    in my case, my hatin a$$ brother is always around when someone says to me that im big or refers to me as big guy. and of course his jealous ass says "u aint big!".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information