jeeptj97 is offline New Member

Question about training while on juice

I havnt wanted to ask any one this bc noone knows im on the juice (1st cycle too) (although people are noticing that im getting bigger and asking what im on.. i just say creatine/protein) but ive been working out harder and more than usual too since im juicin. MY schedule is

mon- chest, shoulders
    tues- tris, bis, calves
    wed- back, legs

thurs, fri, and sat i reapeat this again and sun im off.

I was mainly wondering if im overtraining. It seems it would be ok since i have more test in my body and it can cope more working out.
    Arnold worked every body part out 3 times a week, and body builders today work everything out 1 time a week. So I dunno.
    Im on week 8 of 13 in my cycle and ive gained about 18 pounds so far and a good amt. of strength.

Anyone want to post their routines, and/ or critique mine?? i just made it up myself mostly.

1-13 Test E 500 mg week
    1-12 Equi. 400 mg week (nov and clomid pct)

palequail is offline Banned
    2x per week is too much I think unless you are genetically gifted like Ronnie Coleman or Arnold.....The reason most bbers today train one part per week is because it works...Just make sure you beat the **** out of the part you are training.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold was notorious for telling lies about his workout regimen, diet, and just about everything else.

What is overtraining for one person may not be for another but it's definitely impossible to even guess unless you post what you do during each workout.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I mix it up. I will work each body part twice in a week but change the weight and reps.ex: Mon-Chest,bi's,shoulders heavy 3sets 6reps Thurs- same only 10,8,6 on reps, increasing weight. I do that for about a month then switch to just one part a week and up the reps. Mon-Chest increase weight decrese reps 12,10,8,6.

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    it just depends on how intense your training,how your nutrition is,your rest,and really just how much time it takes you to recover,only you know when your body needs to rest. Just do whatever your body tellls you to do.And yes you will recover faster on juice.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    My workouts used to look kind of like that, then I had an epiphany.........I was working out like a guy who just "worked out"...not like abody builder......how can you work a major muscle to its max and then move to another major muscle and expect to do the same? It just cant be done....in addition to the muscle strain, you also punish your CNS.

Heres what I do now and freakin love it!

sun-off
    mon-shoulders/traps
    tues-back
    wed-chest
    thurs-legs/calves
    fri-bi/tri
    sat-off

abs on varying days

D

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I love the one body part a week workouts too. I just reached a plateau and had to change it up for about a month.

Basically, as long as you continue to improve in strength and/or size then you are not overtraining. But also remember as you improve, that what is fine for you today could result in overtraining in the future.

Mine,,,

Day 1 - chest
    2 - back
    3 - shoulders/calves
    4 - bis/tris
    5 - legs
    repeat

I usually don't have an off day but will take one if I feel I need it.

HUNTER1 is offline Member
    generally I've always practiced and been told that working out one bodypart hard per week is enough to stimulate the muscle for growth and lagging bodyparts should be worked out twice per week with proper recooperation time given for the muscle. You're workout now looks good.

I do this:

Mon. chest/shoulders
    Tues. back
    Wed. traps/hamstrings
    thurs. quads
    fri. biceps, triceps, forearms, calves

Different routines work better for different people, good luck with whatever you decide on.

SKiN is offline Member
    Great explanation dent. I just had a mild epiphany lol. I just dont think i could wait a whole week to work each part.

jeeptj97 is offline New Member
    Thanks for posting...
    well usually the first time i work out each part during the week i do about 4 exercises / 4 sets on the first and 3 on the rest.. this is for every group. i do from 10 to 6 reps. then the next go around during the week i do only 3 exercises and 3 sets apiece,, a little lighter workout but i do more reps like 12-8.

For some reason i feel i need to work out everything twice a week while on the juice.. sometimes ill let back and legs go and only do them once.
    well thanks...for the help

Thread Information