Thread: Please Help

Concerned Wife is offline New Member

Please Help

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN:
    My husband is using steroids and is also a member of your forum. What I am sure he has not disclosed is he suffers from a serious case of high blood presure, he takes "Metoprolol"(beta blocker) , which slows down the heart so it doesnt have to work as hard,
    all the while he is taken steroids to get bigger. Needless to say I am very worried for his wellbeing, I struggle everyday with him about this, I have even broken his bottles, he gets more. I am asking someone out there with a kind heart to post a note about how serious it is to take steroids with a heart condition. I do not know what he takes I only know he shoots himslef every other day. He admires the knowledge on this forum and this is the last thing I wanted to do but I will do anything to keep from losing my husband, PLEASE HELP ME. My husband will be home from work after 4am (cali time) I am sure the first thing he will do is sign on to read you guys. If you could put up a note I could not express my gratitude, also if someone could erase this note by then that would help sooo much I wouldnt want him to suspect anything. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME FROM LOSING MY HUSBAND

quez82 is offline Associate Member
    check your pm's

Da Bull is offline Banned
    So what does he have?hypertention or heart disease?big difference between the two.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    So what does he have?hypertention or heart disease?big difference between the two.
    Yeah, I have high blood pressure and I know Da Bull does too. We are probaly not the only ones. Actually, after getting serious in the gym and eating whole foods, I came off of the meds at my doctor's orders and I juice, so I can be of no help.

If he has heart disease then it may or may not be a good idea, but it doesnt sound like he does.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Yeah, I have high blood pressure and I know Da Bull does too. We are probaly not the only ones. Actually, after getting serious in the gym and eating whole foods, I came off of the meds at my doctor's orders and I juice, so I can be of no help.

If he has heart disease then it may or may not be a good idea, but it doesnt sound like he does.
    I've been off cycle for awhile now,and been off bp meds too.I'm 120/70,but that will change in the next few days.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I've been off cycle for awhile now,and been off bp meds too.I'm 120/70,but that will change in the next few days.
    Yeah its amazing what a little exercise can cure. Then theres those few months out of the year that..........................

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    High blood pressure here too.

Not all steroids make your blood pressure rocket up. And for the ones that can (like tren ), you can compensate with medication (ACE inhibitors work for me).

I completely understand your concern as his wife. But understand that there are a lot of flat out lies, and even more misconceptions about steroids. So sit back and take a deep breath (no need for you to have high blood pressure too). Because unless there is some insidious underlying condition for his high blood pressure, odds are that things will be just fine.

bw1
    bw1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    High blood pressure here too.

Not all steroids make your blood pressure rocket up. And for the ones that can (like tren ), you can compensate with medication (ACE inhibitors work for me).

I completely understand your concern as his wife. But understand that there are a lot of flat out lies, and even more misconceptions about steroids. So sit back and take a deep breath (no need for you to have high blood pressure too). Because unless there is some insidious underlying condition for his high blood pressure, odds are that things will be just fine.
    Good Post!

Steroids101 is offline Member
    As another note, I wouldn't just go breaking his bottles randomley. Im sure it makes you feel better because you think you are doing something good for him. You could in reality be breaking something that is of crucial importance of him during his cycle like his clomid, nolva, or test.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    work with him not against him

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your his wife, give him an ultimatum.

~SC~

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Your his wife, give him an ultimatum.

~SC~
    I don't agree with that for one reason. If the ultimatum comes from her ignorance of the situation (he's not about to drop dead from this), then she could end up getting divorced for nothing.

If she trusts her husband at all, then she should at least give him the benefit of the doubt and see if anyone else backs up what he's telling her.

I think an ultimatum should be an absolute last resort.

rhapsody is offline Junior Member
    Buy your self a piece of mind go buy a $65 bp monitor. Use it daily. If its higher than 180/110thats severe hypertension. This in itself is a concern because it can lead to heart desease. The reason is to much pressure in the walls the heart works harder the tiny vessels swell leading to possible stroke. Having said that realize its normal for BP to shoot up evan much higher ie. during a workout. The key is does it stay there all the time. I agree work with him because the added stress is also contributing to raise bp. If he uses the steroids sensible watching his diet, limit sodium intake & fluids he should be fine... best wishes
    Last edited by rhapsody; 06-27-2004 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spell

Thread Information