Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member

Ance suggestions

Im taking about 1,200mgs of twinlab b5 to try to control acne, I dont ussually get it that bad ussually just on my shoulders and the ussual zit here and there on my face. I use shower gel with tea tree oil, I use to use differin (adapalene gel) and that ussualy helped dry them out. Im gonna get some more but Id like to know if anyone else has some nice tricks for combating acne. Im off cycle now so thats when I seem to zit up.

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    I tell you what has worked for me very well............to showers a day with good ole Dial antibacterial.....no bs.

D

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    maybe increase your b5 intake to 2-4g a day. Tanning beds help dry the zits out. Give that a try.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, tanning and frequent showers help me

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Keeping my face moisterized all day long has done wonders for my skin. No kidding. I used to think washing my face twice a day with soap would keep the pores clean and prevent pimples but just the opposite is true. Over washing your skin forces the skin to work harder and produce excess oil which often leads to more breakouts.

Matto20 is offline Member
    Go to a dermatologist. That's what they're there for. A good one will take care of you just fine and work to keep you acne free.

I'd look into accutane or a combination of topical retinoids and benzoyl peroxide.

Out of curiosity, is it just after your cycle that you tend to break out? Or is it just usual acne that occurs when your hormones are normal? It would seem weird if you just got acne when off cycle and it went away while on... really weird.

Either way, good luck with that, man!

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Oxy 10 face wash at night and a good moisterizer all day should help .. just make sure the moisterizer is a good one like usualsuspect said and doesnt contain anything that might clog your pores up.

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    acutane is some harsh acne treatment that should be used for serious issues, for less acne, try tetricycline, i got it from my Doc with no prob, he just look at my minor acne, and gave me 5 prescriptions, give it a try, it rly clears me up

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    you gotta fight acne form the inside 2, or you will just be drying them up as they come, try pills

I bought some retinA and I rub that on after every shower while my body is still wet and clean. I Lay off of it for two days then I tan. Then after three days or so put some more on for about two more weeks. Youll never see so much skin exfoliate. Dont pop them if you can stand it, and if you must wait until you have had them for a while and swelling is gone down or else the same one will keep reappearing causing scars and making more bacteria to spread.

Tetracycline may be a good idea initially to clear up the active breakouts, but it's not a good idea to run antibiotics for extended periods of time. All sorts of issues can arise, digestive issues especially - as that can directly relate to your fitness. Retin-a micro and MILD benzoyl peroxide (the 2.5% is just as effective as the 10% but with MUCH less irritation and side effects) works wonders over long periods of time.

Ive never thought of the moisturizing issue. I use ProAcne and that is a 3 step cleaning, it has a toner ,cleaner,moisterizer It has peroxide in all three. i havnt used the lotion because im all ready a grease head and figured it wouldnt help. I do take showers twice a day. And I tan every once in a while just so im not so white.

Do you mean ProActiv?

I tried that once before for about a month and a half. It didn't do too much to help me at all, unfortunately. I don't mean to sound negative! Perhaps it will work for you, I don't know. I've heard it can tend to work better for people with very mild acne - so that didn't exactly pertain to me at the time (I'd have called mine "moderate").

After I realized that wasn't working I went to a dermatologist in October of last year and hung out on the webforums at acne.org for a couple months, hoping to sort out what works and what doesn't. Well, after about 8 months now I am totally clear and looking like a sexy beast - which is great compared to being covered in zits and getting 2 new ones each day. Here's what worked for me -

Retin-a Micro (lowest dosage) - this stuff made me absolutely miserable for the first month. I was always red and itchy, and shed skin like crazy, but the sides went away (like they were supposed to) after awhile, and the impact it made was dramatic! It is definitely powerful stuff - but needs TIME to work it's magic.

Benzoyl Peroxide Pads (5% bp) - These pads are easy to use on your back, shoulders, chest, and face. I usually use one twice or three times each day - after showers. With benzoyl peroxide, it is better to use a lower concentration than a higher one. For example, 2.5% gels work with the same results as 10% gels, but give you much less side effects. Therefore go with the lower, cheaper dosage!

Tetracycline - I just used this in my initial treatment to clear up existing breakouts and give the retin-a time to work it's magic. I discontinued it after 2 months.

Diet - Crucial. I can't go around eating processed food all the time and expect to not get acne. The more "whole" and cooked foods I eat from home - the less acne I get. Partially Hydrogenated Oils should defnitely be avoided! And water intake should be high to help get the toxins out!

Sleep/stress - A huge factor as well - you need to have your body well rested. I know that whe I'm out late on weekends my skin will let me know it later. Also when I'm stressed out over bitches/exams/family that it will leave it's mark as well. Avoid stress and get as much sleep as possible.

Hope this helps get you clear. I am finally, and it feels fantastic.

AIN'T ACNE A BITCH?

Good luck!

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    use an exfoliating cream on your shoulders while in the shower it works great my gf got me using it. also you could try acutane the rx pill.

Fame is offline Junior Member
    i've posted this before, so i'll summarize...i've always had acne problems, this is my first cycle, so not sure if it will be really really bad yet or whatever....i've tried a lot, minus accutane (but my brother did), nothing really worked, i got 'AcnEase' online (its an herbal remedy, pill form, fights from the inside) , recommended for 1 month to use (Or they give u money back if not happy), i made a mistake, ordered only a week supply, so didnt get the 'full effect...i never saw my face so clear...thing is, i also went to the beach one day, so that might of helped, but im convinced it is good stuff, and am about to purchase a months supply, and try it again soon.

Besides that, a good Soap free cleanser ( i like the biore one, but Olay makes a good 'foaming cleanser, soap free), a good astringent (use a cotton swab), and a good moisturizer (i use Derma Tee tree oil and Antiseptic Vitamin E cream), and it really helps even w/ blemishes.....i also use an exfoliating wash every week

I still have a lot of scaring and blemishes on my chest and shoulders from my teen years and on though, but breakouts arent as bad, and honestly, during that week of taking AcnEase, i didnt have ANY pimples...i was suprised as ****, but im a sceptic, so if someone does use it, or has, i'd love to hear your experience.

I reseached a lot using google.com for 'acne product reviews' and stuff, and found that a bunch of sites ranked acnease number 1 (proactive was 3, and like a 7.4 or something and acnease was like a 9.3 i think), and figured the 'inside out' philosophy makes more sense to me than topical types of creams

A lot of the newer "inside-out" theories have to do with liver, colonic, and hepatic duct cleansing. Much of this information can be found at www.curezone.com. I'm guessing that the AcnEase product you took probably contained some herbs that helped along those lines. I have also heard that gugglesterones (I think "gugglebolic" is a brand that's especially sold to fight acne) also help quite a bit too with acne. Fonz used to talk about that all the time at EF. And, of course, accutane almost always works extremely effectively, albeit with nasty sides as well.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been on 10grams of b5 and doxycycline(sp) and so far I'm not impressed.

B5 didn't do anything for me either. Go to a dermatologist.

stitch1967 is offline Member
    Is there anything you can take beforehand to minimizes your chances of acne during or PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by stitch1967
    Is there anything you can take beforehand to minimizes your chances of acne during or PCT?
    Use benzoyl peroxide on your face/body in the morning and retin-a micro (at the lowest dosage possible in TINY amounts) at night over possible problem areas. MILD exposure to UV rays can help as well as plenty of water and a clean diet. The finasteride I take during cycles also helps with acne to some degree by inhibiting DHT. If one is extremely worried, than antibiotics could be used during and after the cycle, but I'd hate to make a habit of it.

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiejuicer
    maybe increase your b5 intake to 2-4g a day. Tanning beds help dry the zits out. Give that a try.
    WOW......... that is a LOT of sh))T

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    so far im lucky, but since I have a beautiful Pilipina wife who is supporting my cycle she gives me a facial once a week! It helps. Relieves stress . I also take b5 daily but only 1.5g (500mgs x 3) dont need to take mega-doses as it is sufficient as a preventative measure.

K bolic is offline Junior Member
    From perfect skin naturally, I developed the worst case of acne I have ever seen from AAS. In my case, I had to resort to Accutain. This was the b all end all after trying every possible remedy over and behind the counter. My advice, go to a dermatologist. They will diagnose your acne (there are many different forms) and give you the proper meds for it. MY case, because all vary, after a long battle of Acne vs. Accutain, Accutain won thank god. From that point to now has been 6-7 yrs. I have never had a prob w/ acne since. Even when taking AAS.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    hemeroid cream i dont know if i spelled it right but that **** really works

Thanks for all the responces, You guys really gave me alot of info. My ProAcne is probally a knock off of ProActive.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    bro ive had acne for 6 years now....ive tried accutane in 2001 but my **** came back skin was looking good before aas then i went to a medical spa they claened my **** up with homeremidies and microdermabrassion im on test/deca and im gonna add sum winny and maybe sum tren but its too high in andros....im going tomorrow and i think im going to get a CHEMICAL PEEL i heard those are good its like being on accutane without the sides i only have acne on the sides of my face i hate that **** bro...im seriously looking into chemical peels and im gonna see if they can give me one next week pm and i lll let you know i hate acne it sucks dick

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    hemeroid cream i dont know if i spelled it right but that **** really works

i don't know how to spell it either, but that's a good thing!

K bolic is offline Junior Member
    The beauty of Accutain is that in some cases it permanently slows down the sebaceous glands. These are your oil producing glands. AAS increase the production of oil. In my case, I had the worst acne I'd honestly have ever seen. Big zits on my back, face, chest, arms...covered. This was when I first supplemented w/AAS back 10 yrs ago. After battling w/ zits 2 yrs, I took accutain. In about 6 months I was clear.

Soon after to now, I've been back on aas on and off. I've done almost every combo of aas and to this date, I don't get more than 8-10 zits total throughout my cycle.
    I swear by accutain. I had no hope. As lean and big as I was, I was gross all over. I feel for anyone that has severe acne. I'm sure by now there many ways to treat severs acne so take the proper steps and see your dermatologist.

Thread Information