Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i am still trying to see how this shake is "clean"

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    i am still trying to see how this shake is "clean"
    You mean the one you have in your hands? I'm lost in which one you're talking about. The ice cream one? Are you refering to the oats maybe having some fat? Please do elaborate after you are done trying to see.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    For calories: Has anyone used the weightgainer shakes with like 2000 calories in them. For my bulking diet i was thinking about using half a serving twice a day. I've never looked at the nutrition facts, are they good or bad for you (gaining fat wise)?

musclehead1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    im almost positive ive seen the complex protein powder on some web site, its sold in HUGE tubs, ill let you guys know
    its more of a juice isnt it?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Heres my favorite...not the best for you b/c of the simple sugars...but its good to eat every now and again...

2 scps protien
    1 bannana
    2 tblspoons of natty pb (crunchy!)
    1/2 cup Hood Low carb chocalate milk

~600 cals
    ~55-60gr pro
    not sure about the rest...but it tastes **** good

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    Lucky you with the desk job...working my way through grad school is gonna be fun, not. Just make sure you dont premix the protein powders. Try to bring whole food to work it you can....some grilled chicken or steak. If not, can you make my shake at work...if so eat that there and then eat more whole food at home
    Yeah I lucked out. And since I am the sales manager I can pretty much do whatever I want. So I am gonna be bringing in like a mini fridge and a microwave and a George foreman and have like my own little kitchen at work

GymDog is offline Banned
    Hell, I don't think I'll ever get over 250. I'm eating roughly 5700 clean cals ED (600 carbs, 575 protein, 110 fat), and can't break past 252 lbs. I'm leaning up now, but still staying the same weight. Eating 5700 clean cals ED is quite a chore too. I'm literally full all day long and if I try to "catch up" if I've fallen behind on a meal or two, sometimes I'll eat more than my stomach will hold and end up vomitting it all up. Then I gotta do it all over again. Oh well. I'm pretty happy being 6' 250-ish. I'm big, but not too big, if ya know what I mean...

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    Heres my favorite...not the best for you b/c of the simple sugars...but its good to eat every now and again...

2 scps protien
    1 bannana
    2 tblspoons of natty pb (crunchy!)
    1/2 cup Hood Low carb chocalate milk

~600 cals
    ~55-60gr pro
    not sure about the rest...but it tastes **** good
    Not too much in the simple sugar department. That hood chocolate milk is the bomb.

Steroids101 is offline Member
    I always like the idea of trying to do appetite exagerating techniques like waiting an hour for breakfast, including a little sugar in 2-3 meals to keep insulin levels from becomeing to stable, and occasionally cheating. I have a hard time eating to much because I always feal guilty, even if its clean food, so it helps to have an enourmous appetite!

Latimus is offline Banned
    Bwhitaker...this is honestly just what i have been looking for...i can get all the protein in the world...but carbs have been another story...

thanks bro, i owe you one...

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Not too much in the simple sugar department. That hood chocolate milk is the bomb.
    i know...thats what i said in the begining if you would have read all of my post you jack ass

i like to keep it two just 1-2 times a week...kind of as a treat...and ussually mid day while im still moving around and burning off the sugars and carbs/...

its tastes good as hell

and the hood **** is good as hell

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    i know...thats what i said in the begining if you would have read all of my post you jack ass
    I was saying that the shake ISNT that high in simple sugars jackass.

I was saying that the shake ISNT that high in simple sugars jackass.
    that bannana makes it pretty high...and the milk has a WHOLE 2grams!!!! ....lol....well if you approve im eating 5 a day now

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    You mean the one you have in your hands? I'm lost in which one you're talking about. The ice cream one? Are you refering to the oats maybe having some fat? Please do elaborate after you are done trying to see.
    no the original first one posted with the 2percent milke and the oats

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I agree with Dalcowbag...... that shake is not clean at all. Even if he used skim milk I still wouldn't go for it. Milk is all processed sugar, and add the fat from the 2% milk and you got a nice mixture of fats & carbs with a bunch of sugar. Not what I call clean at all. If you must use milk in this shake, atleast use fat free Carb Countdown milk that has 12g of protein and only 3g of carbs from splenda.

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I agree with Dalcowbag...... that shake is not clean at all. Even if he used skim milk I still wouldn't go for it. Milk is all processed sugar, and add the fat from the 2% milk and you got a nice mixture of fats & carbs with a bunch of sugar. Not what I call clean at all. If you must use milk in this shake, atleast use fat free Carb Countdown milk that has 12g of protein and only 3g of carbs from splenda.

<<LMO>>
    AMEN!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually mix in a burrito or a cheeseburger with my shakes. Extra 600 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I usually mix in a burrito or a cheeseburger with my shakes. Extra 600 calories.

Make sure you don't throw any flax in with this meal or you might clog your arteries

Just bustin your balls man

<<LMO>>

Make sure you don't throw any flax in with this meal or you might clog your arteries

Just bustin your balls man

<<LMO>>
    lolol ALERT! stay away from all oils!!!

I dont compete so I dont avoid fat that much. I am lucky when it comes to metabolizing fat. I could eat bacon shakes and not get fat unless I sweetened them.

I dont compete so I dont avoid fat that much. I am lucky when it comes to metabolizing fat. I could eat bacon shakes and not get fat unless I sweetened them.

There is nothing wrong with fat...... fat is your friend when it comes to dieting. The problem lies with mixing fats and carbs together.... especially sugar with fat. It spikes your insulin and the fat has a much higher chance of being stored as fat instead of burned off. That's why it is better to separate the two

<<LMO>>

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Well as far as this not being clean....maybe it isnt perfect. But you know what, when i am bulking all my calories are not perfect. 3 servings of oats in one meal is darn clean....for me the milk helps add calories (sorry if i dont want to look like an ethiopian) . I wasnt saying that this is a meal that you should eat 5 times per day, but it is a good 30 sec meal for people who do not have the luxury of time. If you do want to take the milk out fine...just use water.

Glad to see that it did help some people. I know for me, that many times i cant find a way to get my complex carbs in (or i dont have a place to sit and eat).

oh, and i have been doing this for a few months now. Really has helped

There is nothing wrong with fat...... fat is your friend when it comes to dieting. The problem lies with mixing fats and carbs together.... especially sugar with fat. It spikes your insulin and the fat has a much higher chance of being stored as fat instead of burned off. That's why it is better to separate the two

<<LMO>>
    I completely agree that you shouldnt mix the two. And yes, with 2% it does seem to have to much fat. Either way, you can obviously alter the shake to fit your needs. The idea was mostly the fact that you can add oats to the shake for a quick complex whole food alternative

http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=880 Thats one example..I'm sure there are better brands and such but just to let you know they exist. There are several on www.bulknutrition.com. I've thought about trying some out myself.

worldknown is offline Banned
    waht can i put in that shake to make it a little sweeter, cause right now with orange protein it tastes like asshole

Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    waht can i put in that shake to make it a little sweeter, cause right now with orange protein it tastes like asshole

Try mixing in a packet of splenda..... shouldn't hurt ya too much depending on your goals. Are you bulking or cutting right now?

<<LMO>>
    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 07-02-2004 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    you can put 2 cups of mint chocolate chip icecream, lol

I am not just saying this, anyone feel free to back me up. Splenda tastes almost exactly like sugar. It is the best non-sugar sweetener on the planet.

I am not just saying this, anyone feel free to back me up. Splenda tastes almost exactly like sugar. It is the best non-sugar sweetener on the planet.

I agree..... no nasty aftertaste either

<<LMO>>

Quick and Easy, Ill be making one in the next fifteen minutes which is good because I grow weary from cooking anything or eating tuna and a microwaved yam as an alternative.

LEAN ME OUT and DAL. You two guys are ghey

So I didnt know about Flax. Who would think an oil is good for arteries.....
    Is sunflower oil good for you????
    If it is, Im pouring half a bottle in each shake....

The best fats are monounsaturated. Flax seed is good because it contains Omega-3, 6, and 9. Monounsaturated and Omegas have lots of functions, the most beneficial to the arteries is the help they offer in boosting HDL levels.

Sucks, too much polyunsaturated fat.

Latimus is offline Banned
    well i tried the shake...i used skim milk instead...it was awesome..didnt even know it was in there...jsut a little thicker...and it was a little longer to grind up...but it kicked ass

i once tried to make a super shake...but i used tuna instead...i threw it up...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Latimus
    well i tried the shake...i used skim milk instead...it was awesome..didnt even know it was in there...jsut a little thicker...and it was a little longer to grind up...but it kicked ass

i once tried to make a super shake...but i used tuna instead...i threw it up...lol
    i have a website bookmarked somewhere that has a bunch of different tuna shakes.....i just dont think i could do it.

I have heard some decent things about adding cottage cheese...i just dont wanna be the one to try it.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i have heard about people using diet coke and tuna in a blender, i have yet to try it though...

we just messin berch. WE LUV YA (in a non-homogay way)

Opey is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    complex carb powder...never heard of it. Where do you get it
    http://www.supplementdirect.com/
    i get it there, and it goes into every shake i make (about 8 a day). it is on the first page that opens up, near the bottom. the prices are very nice, except for the shipping price...

How many calories does a tbspn of flax oil provide?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information